Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rockcastle Co. @ Clay Co. 10/24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who wins?
Rockcastle County
Rockcastle County by a pair of TDs or more. If ROCK secures a win this Friday night in Manchester, it will mark Rockcastle's 29th winning regular season in school history. The Rockets & Tigers started playing against each other in 1977... ROCK started this series winning the first 3 meets, the 2nd meet was a 2-0 victory in Manchester. During the early-mid 1980's Clay started winning by more than 3 TDs, they had a good QB around 1984-1985. The series ended in 1986 after a 9-6 double OT victory.... a certain ROCK quarterback was selected as the Appalachian Bowl offensive MVP of that game, now the HC @ North Laurel. The series resumed during freshman year of 2003 winning the next 5 games including a 1st Rd playoff win Senior year of 2006. That 1st game of 2006, some reason the field was in muddy field conditions. That didn't stop us from executing on both sides of the ball... the game marked Coach Tom Larkey's 300th game at the time. 61-13 was the final score, our running back ran 277 yards in that contest. This series overall is another long rival. 18 times these 2 schools met.... ROCK holds a 13-5 lead in the series. Best of luck to both teams. Honestly believe ROCK will end up being the 2nd place in the district, Clay is in the struggle mode this season.
Rock rolls by a couple of touchdowns
This is the worst team on schedule by far. There will be a running clock in this game.
I shall not pick against clay county to many friends and family in clay county. :partyhard

Clay County 28
Rockcastle County 27

Confusedmoke:
^^^^^^^
That must be some of the wacky backy that icon is smokin because there ain't no way rock can lose this game
Rockcastle County - 41

Clay County - 13
Rock wins very easy.
Rockcastle County 27
Clay County 14
former Wrote:This is the worst team on schedule by far. There will be a running clock in this game.

I wouldn't expect a running clock
Hope Clay bounces back next year. Every thing that could go wrong has for the Tigers this year.
Rock wins.
Rockcastle 48

Clay 14
Clay 32
Rock 5
I like the "5" guess.:thatsfunn

Two safeties and an extra point for good measure or 5/6 of a touchdown since they are playing in Manchester with a failed PAT?:biggrin:
The joke is actually the fact that Rockcastle has hit a total of about ONE field goal since 2010 that I remember. That one made the highlight film that year and was from about the five yard line. Rock's not likely going to get five without some creative scoring. There was a German visitor kid that may have hit a couple in 2009.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Clay 32
Rock 5

I don't know if this is stupidity, guts or genuis.
But I love it.:Thumbs:
Ill take rock 34-7
Rock wins.