Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell County 45 Clay County 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final. Clay County has hit rock bottom...
congrats Russell.
Listened to the game on the internet down here in Tennessee. Proud of the Lakers! It sounded liked they played hard tonight! They got one, now they need to go to Knox and leave it all on the field and see what happens!
Clay county could be the worst coached team in the state. Its time for a change, im tired of hearing about the injuries. Its more than injuries, and this team has some talented players. Worst ive seen in 30 years.
Congrats to the lakers on picking up first win of the season.
Truth99 Wrote:Clay county could be the worst coached team in the state. Its time for a change, im tired of hearing about the injuries. Its more than injuries, and this team has some talented players. Worst ive seen in 30 years.

I completely agree. There's no excuse for being this bad when they clearly have some talent
JeanClaudeVanGraham Wrote:I completely agree. There's no excuse for being this bad when they clearly have some talent

I can understand your frustration. Coach Napier and his staff are good men and coaches. I have coached long enough to know sometimes things just go down hill on a coach - a perfect storm of unfortunate circumstances, kind of like us at Russell this year.

The answer is not always changing coaches, there are circumstances beyond all of our control as coaches and that is what has happened at Clay and Russell, unforseen circumstances that changed a promising season into a difficult one for both of us. All you can ask is that your staff keep chopping wood and continue to be a role model to kids. Don't give up too soon on this coaching staff, they are good men and coaches batteling through adversity...

I got to talk to a few of your coaches at the end of the game. They truly care about the young men they lead, and are good coaches, going through a rough patch like every coach will if they coach long enough. Stay the course, support them and I think you guys will have a fine team next year.

Best wishes to you Tiger nation!
The Cross Movement Wrote:I can understand your frustration. Coach Napier and his staff are good men and coaches. I have coached long enough to know sometimes things just go down hill on a coach - a perfect storm of unfortunate circumstances, kind of like us at Russell this year.

The answer is not always changing coaches, there are circumstances beyond all of our control as coaches and that is what has happened at Clay and Russell, unforseen circumstances that changed a promising season into a difficult one for both of us. All you can ask is that your staff keep chopping wood and continue to be a role model to kids. Don't give up too soon on this coaching staff, they are good men and coaches batteling through adversity...

I got to talk to a few of your coaches at the end of the game. They truly care about the young men they lead, and are good coaches, going through a rough patch like every coach will if they coach long enough. Stay the course, support them and I think you guys will have a fine team next year.

Best wishes to you Tiger nation!

I hope you're correct. They have had some things go against them (injuries, players quitting, and failed drug tests) that really hurt this season. Good luck to Russell County as they move forward.
Clay county clearly has potential. If I'm a head coach, that's the team I want. Big line, athletic kids, what more do you want? The only thing Coach Napier is struggling to do is getting his kids to buy in. That's what it takes in football. If your kids don't buy in to what you're doing, you might as well pack it up and take an L every week. On the other hand, you have the lakers. Although a shell of what they used to be, they still have talent. The difference here is the level of coaching. Russell's head coach is miles ahead of Napier. Russell just took a team worse that clays and whipped them. If the clay fans are tired of watchig their team losing, get a coach who knows how to motivate players first and lead accordingly. Because obviously Clays staff can't do that.
Clay Co. keeps hanging around.
:please:
Pantherfan59 Wrote:Clay county clearly has potential. If I'm a head coach, that's the team I want. Big line, athletic kids, what more do you want? The only thing Coach Napier is struggling to do is getting his kids to buy in. That's what it takes in football. If your kids don't buy in to what you're doing, you might as well pack it up and take an L every week. On the other hand, you have the lakers. Although a shell of what they used to be, they still have talent. The difference here is the level of coaching. Russell's head coach is miles ahead of Napier. Russell just took a team worse that clays and whipped them. If the clay fans are tired of watchig their team losing, get a coach who knows how to motivate players first and lead accordingly. Because obviously Clays staff can't do that.
:please: