Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 38 Leslie Co 35
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good road win for Shelby Valley
What a game. Great come back by Leslie County.

Congrats Shelby Valley.
Valley played with their backup QB the 2nd half , Layne was ejected at halftime... So much for Leslie Co tough Run D !!!!! And I guess their not playing for District Championship next week!!!! Go Valley
Could a Mod please combine threads. Looks like me & shelbyvalley02 started one each lol.
Chandler Rowe 22 Carries 196 yards 3td
Terribly called game according to the radio broadcasters. Big win on the road. If SV can beat Betsy Layne does it mean SV hosts a playoff game?
I missed this game by 1 point. I had Valley by 2. If Valley beats Betsy Layne they host. I think they will still host if they lose to BL, but if P-burg beats Leslie.
SV came into the game with their running back/corner hampton and inside backer gunter. qb layne was ejected at end of first half. good team win by the cats, even though the refs were not on our side
:thanks: for the updates #1 BlackCats Fan....Dang :notbad:
good team win by the cats. played the whole game without starting corner and line back and lost the qb at the half. what a game
Great win for Shelby Valley. After giving Prestonsburg all they could handle last week, I knew SV would be ready for this one. Sounds like the Wildcat offense basically did what they wanted, although Leslie's offense was pretty impressive too.

Wonder what Donovan Layne said to the referee to warrant being thrown out of the game? That's a pretty big deal when you consider that it also means a suspension for next week's game (I assume).

If SV takes care of business next week at Betsy Layne, they should get the #2 seed and host a playoff game.
First off Rowe was a BEAST tonight . He had 200 yards on the ground tonight . This game wasn't even close . Valley is 2 or 3 touchdowns better than this team . This was just an awfull called game by the Refs . They did everything but give Leslie the game . Valley had 45 yards worth of penalties called on them and Layne throwed out of the game . This happend at halftime . And had to kick off from there own 6 yard line to start the 3rd qt. I won't even go into the calls in the 4th qt. . I don't no we're the pburg vs Leslie game is being played. But if it's in Hyden ,good luck p-burg u will need it over there. Oh yeah by the way were is all the Leslie fans on here tonight .LMBO !!!!!!!!
Football fan 0 Wrote:First off Rowe was a BEAST tonight . He had 200 yards on the ground tonight . This game wasn't even close . Valley is 2 or 3 touchdowns better than this team . This was just an awfull called game by the Refs . They did everything but give Leslie the game . Valley had 45 yards worth of penalties called on them and Layne throwed out of the game . This happend at halftime . And had to kick off from there own 6 yard line to start the 3rd qt. I won't even go into the calls in the 4th qt. . I don't no we're the pburg vs Leslie game is being played. But if it's in Hyden ,good luck p-burg u will need it over there. Oh yeah by the way were is all the Leslie fans on here tonight .LMBO !!!!!!!!

I really don't don't know where you all get that the refs were for Leslie. Leslie had more penalty yardage.. The debacle at half was all the qb fault. That's why they're coach was ripping him at half. He kept running his mouth and it was towards the ref.. Also, fourth quarter calls.. Yeah right. I know you got the ball back on a clear fumble that was ruled down..

But I was really impressed with the toughness of the Shelby Valley team. Those two backs are real players. Leslie just couldn't make tackles tonight. Plain and simple.
Great hard fought battle by both teams... I think leslie coulda opened there offense a little more like they did in the 4th quarter and would of got a W. SV backs ran the ball hard all game and challenged this young LC defense. With that being said it was a bad called game on both sides. So no1 got cheated. In the end back to back plays shoulda been a pass interference on SV when Kevin threw the ball to James brock in the end zone there last drive to win the game. With that being said LC shoulda took control and not let it get that close. Being undefeated caused to much pressure on them. I think they will regroup and be ready 4 and exciting game vs pburg which should be Wymt game of the week. Could determine playoff home game and so on. Depending how the SV and Betsy Lane game ends up. This region is wide open. Anyone is capable of winning. Just depends on who's ball bounces
On there favor. Great battle by both teams and a great job
Not quiting by the eagles down 18 with 10 mins left in the front. Get focused 4 pburg and put this loss behind you all!
Congrats Valley on the big win!
The QB getting thrown out was his own fault, had nothing to do with LC. Looks like to me SV should teach their players some respect and learn how to keep their mouths shut!!!!Arguing with the refs should be left up to the coaches not CHILDREN.
Both teams played hard and both should be applauded for their efforts on the field. The refs made bad calls on BOTH SV and LC.
First of all, I will say the the refs at the game last night were absolute trash and should never be able to call another game for the rest of their lives. Shelby Valley is no joke 3 touchdowns better than Leslie County. From my understanding I'm hearing that Valley had over 200 yards of penalties on them? That's seriously insane. The last Leslie county drive that they scored on was unspeakable of how bad it was officiated and cheated. 6 penalties were called on valley on that drive. I'll say that again, 6. They also never ran the clock half the time, whoever was running the play clock knows what they were doing and done it on purpose. Kept the play clock stopped for about 2 minutes on that Leslie drive. Game them 3 chances to onside kick it. Leslie may have had some bad calls also but NOTHING like valley had to deal with. QB thrown out and 2 other key starters that didn't play. The officials done every single thing they could to give Leslie the game. People are even talking about how bad it was talked about on the radio. It's a shame you have to worry about people cheating high school kids. Shelby Valley is 3 TD's better than Leslie. Rowe was a beast and played with that awesome run D all night. Think about it one more time, 200 or more yards in penalties and still won. Think about how many more chances and offense that gave Leslie.
64SUR Wrote::thanks: for the updates #1 BlackCats Fan....Dang :notbad:

No problem buddy. It was a great game to listen to. Both teams left it all on the field last night.
I'm not going to argue with u guys on here . I was at the game I seen what went down in the 2nd half. When they throwed Layne out at halftime and throwed another 15 yard.flag on Nick Wallace valley just came up big and stoped Leslie from scoring going into the half why wasn't they a flag throwed on Leslie ? The Wallace kid and a Leslie kid was saying stuff to one another in the end zone after the play and after the half had ended and Layne came over and backed Wallace up . We're was the flag on Leslie there. That was just the beginning . It got much worse in the 4th. Qt.
Also If SV loses to Betsly Lane which is much possible because there backers are way quicker than Leslie's are on the run defense then the district championship is this coming Friday Leslie Vs Pburg. If not and Leslie wins in a 2 way tie. Either way Leslie could finish 1st or 3rd or even 2nd in the district. But I will say between 5 teams anyone can win this region. Pburg, SV, Danville, Leslie, LCA. The playoffs will be more exciting than ever this year just because the all mightly powerhouse summer set is down.
Good luck the rest of the season Shelby Valley..
You guys have a tough hard nosed team and it was a slobber knocker. I watched the game too. Refs were horrible everywhere. They called a late hit personal foul on 57 and he made the tackle. Your penalty yardage was mostly from players jawwing at the refs all night.
Im just proud that our district is so competitive this season.
4ever witness Wrote:Also If SV loses to Betsly Lane which is much possible because there backers are way quicker than Leslie's are on the run defense then the district championship is this coming Friday Leslie Vs Pburg. If not and Leslie wins in a 2 way tie. Either way Leslie could finish 1st or 3rd or even 2nd in the district. But I will say between 5 teams anyone can win this region. Pburg, SV, Danville, Leslie, LCA. The playoffs will be more exciting than ever this year just because the all mightly powerhouse summer set is down.

Somerset is down, just hope they get to play you in play-off, you will know summer set has been there.:redboxer:
Cellking Wrote:Somerset is down, just hope they get to play you in play-off, you will know summer set has been there.:redboxer:

I wouldn't want to play Somerset....Just curious is all of their player back at full speed..:popcorn:
Great win by Shelby Valley, I knew their toughness would be too much for Leslie County!
64SUR Wrote:I wouldn't want to play Somerset....Just curious is all of their player back at full speed..:popcorn:

No, had 3 that didn't play.
I have one question for all you SV people... If LC "cheated" why did they not win???? And SV being 3 touchdowns better, hmmmm from what I seen on the score board it was ONLY 3 POINTS, where I come from that was NOT 3 TD's, looks like someone needs to take their basic math classes over. This is hilarious to me!! Sounds like SV was a little more than intimidated by the Eagles, so you have to get on a website and talk trash about them. But hey, it's been very entertaining, keep the comments and posts coming, I can laugh at you people all day. :biglmao:
Leslie County turned the sprinklers on Shelby Valley when they were warming up. The officials were horrible but they always are. Leslie County is a good football team and it's sad for the kids because the only thing people talk about are the officials and it takes away from the kids. The train is coming you better get off the tracks.
You Leslie co. People kill me . You all started talking the trash 2 weeks before this game ever took place . And now that you got your a$& kicked you can't stand to take what you've got coming . I'm very aware what the score board said at the end . Valley was up by 18 with 6 min. To go in the game and with 3 onside kicks and 15 penalties later we win by 3 . But weather you win by 3 or 33 it's still a win . And the only thing we were intimidated by was that zoo you call a football field and the Refs . You all are just pissed off because u hadn't played anybody and WERE undefeated and a good football team came in and kicked you butt . If you can't take it don't dish it out !!!!!!!
LC Football Fan Wrote:I have one question for all you SV people... If LC "cheated" why did they not win???? And SV being 3 touchdowns better, hmmmm from what I seen on the score board it was ONLY 3 POINTS, where I come from that was NOT 3 TD's, looks like someone needs to take their basic math classes over. This is hilarious to me!! Sounds like SV was a little more than intimidated by the Eagles, so you have to get on a website and talk trash about them. But hey, it's been very entertaining, keep the comments and posts coming, I can laugh at you people all day. :biglmao:

If you don't have anymore common sense other than to say what you just said I truly feel sorry for you. You know for a fact that the last 5 minutes of this game was the worst officiating in history. Clock being stopped and not ran on purpose when Leslie had the ball, 3 onside kick chances, 6 penalties on the last drive. Bottom line is even with all those chances, Leslie still couldn't win. But yea, you can tell SV was sure intimidated lol, over 400 yards of offense and over 200 yards of penalties and still won. I guess if that's what you call intimidation then maybe you need to take your basic English classes over. But that's fine, keep laughing all you want. Laugh your way all the way on that long trip to Danville or LCA here in a few weeks. I'm sure that will be a hilarious drive for you to take lol. Valley is the better team plain and simple.
Congrats to SV. Get'em next week Eagles.
Pages: 1 2