Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mayfield now 5TH in the Nation in All Time Wins!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
:Thumbs:

Mayfield now has 824 wins. The Cardinals trailed Mt. Carmel, PA. by 2 wins heading into the 2014 season but everyone's beloved Cards have caught them. Mayfield now has their sights set on Massillon Washington, OH who they trail by a mere 11 games and closing

Lets all hear it for our beloved Cardinals !!!:rockon::rockon:Confusedinglepar:Cheerlead:thatsfunn:worthy::notworthy:Thumbs::Wave::yes::party2::praise::champ::wenumber1:letsparty:theman::kneel:
MayfieldCardinal Wrote::Thumbs:

Mayfield now has 824 wins. The Cardinals trailed Mt. Carmel, PA. by 2 wins heading into the 2014 season but everyone's beloved Cards have caught them. Mayfield now has their sights set on Massillon Washington, OH who they trail by a mere 11 games and closing

Lets all hear it for our beloved Cardinals !!!:rockon::rockon:Confusedinglepar:Cheerlead:thatsfunn:worthy::notworthy:Thumbs::Wave::yes::party2::praise::champ::wenumber1:letsparty:theman::kneel:

CONGRATULATIONS from 64SUR :Cheerlead
Congrats to Cardinals
Nice job Mayfield. With Mayfield at #5 and Highlands at #2, we have two kentucky schools in the top five.

I don't know the exact list so I'm not sure what it takes to get to fourth, but I don't think Mayfield is too far behind fourth.
Marshmallows
Male is #3, about 20 wins behind Highlands.
I think Danville, St. X, Tilghman, and Owensboro are top 50 in all time wins as well. Kentucky looks pretty good on the all time wins list, mostly because some of the state's best teams have been playing football for a very long time.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote::Thumbs:

all this means is they have played way too many cupcakesConfusednicker:
Yeah, P J old boy, you are correct. It's all those teams like Williamsburg that we running clock that have put us there.
mysonis55 Wrote:Yeah, P J old boy, you are correct. It's all those teams like Williamsburg that we running clock that have put us there.

Yep. I agree and you know I couldn't resist making that comment :biglmao:
And you know that I couldn't resist putting my foot in the open mouth.
Congrats to The Cards for movin on up!Confusedinglepar

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/09wWhX_PtEy...e-wins.htm

As of: Monday, September 22, 2014 (None of the win totals listed below include games from the 2014 season.)

2. 855 - Highlands (27 behind #1)
3. 833 - Male
5. 819 - Mayfield (11 behind #4)
24. 750 - Paducah Tilghman (2 behind #23)
35. 734 - Danville (1 behind #34)
41. 723 - St. Xavier (3 behind #40)
50. 701 - Owensboro (1 behind #49)

That's 14% of the winningest programs are from the bluegrass!
I want to see Mayfield play Massillon OH!
Impressive!! Congratulations Mayfield!!!
Congrats Mayfield!!!
Belfry0304 Wrote:I want to see Mayfield play Massillon OH!

LOL, maybe if we could combine teams with Belfry, we'd stand a chance.
That is pretty awesome!

On a side note if Highlands can continue on their pace over the past decade #1 is not completely out of reach.

Valdosta isn't the same program it was years ago. Still a good program no doubt, but between the strength of Georgia Football (especially the Gwinnett County and Cobb County teams) and the emergence of Lowndes HS (Valdosta's cross town rival), Valdosta typically has about a 10 win cap per year.

If Highlands is able to consistently win 14-15 games they may be able to catch Valdosta over the next decade. Last year they were 6-5. This year they are 7-0, but have yet to play Lowndes and w/ GA's playoff system would probably have to see an Atlanta suburb team by probably the 2nd or 3rd Round.
Congrats Mayfield. A HUGE accomplishment.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:LOL, maybe if we could combine teams with Belfry, we'd stand a chance.

Agreed, those guys up there (at least used to be) unreal - NE Ohio football is usually no joke. Seems like there's always a Cleveland team in the top 10 in the nation.