Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cats Pause 14th Region Preview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cats Pause 14th Region Preview
Written by John Henson

Top 10 Teams
1. Knott Central
2. Perry Central
3. Hazard
4. Buckhorn
5. Letcher Central
6. Leslie County
7. Breathitt County
8. Wolfe County
9. Estill County
10.Powell County

Top 10 Players
1. Camron Justice, Knott Central
2. Braxton Beverly, Perry Central
3. Evan Hall, Knott Central
4. Connor Hoskins, Buckhorn
5. Griffin Wells, Hazard
6. Simon Christian, Knott Central
7. Damon Tobler, Perry Central
8. Peyton Cooper, Buckhorn
9. Trevor Jones, Estill County
10.Luke Chaney, Breathitt County

Agree or disagree?
Knott Central

Then everyone else.
kryptonite Wrote:Cats Pause 14th Region Preview
Written by John Henson

Top 10 Teams
1. Knott Central
2. Perry Central
3. Hazard
4. Buckhorn
5. Letcher Central
6. Leslie County
7. Breathitt County
8. Wolfe County
9. Estill County
10.Powell County

Top 10 Players
1. Camron Justice, Knott Central
2. Braxton Beverly, Perry Central
3. Evan Hall, Knott Central
4. Connor Hoskins, Buckhorn
5. Griffin Wells, Hazard
6. Simon Christian, Knott Central
7. Damon Tobler, Perry Central
8. Peyton Cooper, Buckhorn
9. Trevor Jones, Estill County
10.Luke Chaney, Breathitt County

Agree or disagree?
disagree. while Justice is a heck of a player I'd still give Beverly a little ups on him. Both great kids and fun to watch.
1. Knott, until someone knocks them off
2. Perry, with Beverly and the new set of recruits
3. Buckhorn, play very hard for coach Noble and have some talent too
4. Hazard, Can't count out the old ball coach
5. Leslie, the young have grown up and they can play\
The rest are just mediocre at best.
Buckhorn should be #2. Hoskins and Cooper are both top five players in the region. Josh Crank should've been considered for a top ten spot as well. John Noble also does more with less than any coach in the region.

Of course, we all know BHS will never get the respect they deserve because they aren't a big school, they don't have any flashy names, and they don't try to out-recruit Coach Cal. However, when it comes down to it, the only team I see that should be rated ahead of them is KCC (for obvious reasons).

Regardless, it should be a great year for the 14th!
Baller41501 Wrote:disagree. while Justice is a heck of a player I'd still give Beverly a little ups on him. Both great kids and fun to watch.

I love Beverly's game but to say he is better than Justice is just no where near fact. Beverly is a great HS player but justice is in a league of his own. No disrespect to Beverly but Justice plays at a level that is seldom seen in eastern ky. Justice is a lot bigger, a better athlete,he shoots the three better,rebounds better and has shown he steps up in big games time and time again. Me personally I would put Hall at 2 and Beverly at 3. If Hall plays to his potential he has a higher ceiling than both. Just my opinion and not trying to start an argument. Any other time and Beverly gets a couple of state tourney appearances and a lot more press, but he is playing in justices shadow because of his three titles and D-1 recruitment. Both are special players and great young men to boot! Good luck to both.