Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BGR Regional Power Rankings- WKY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. Bowling Green
2. Mayfield
3. Owensboro
4. McCracken County
5. Caldwell County

Game of the Week:
Caldwell County @ Murray
I don't know about McCracken being that low and behind us. They edged us out this year. They are much better than the loss to GC. In that game they had around 150 yards in penalties and 6 turnovers. The last turnover cost them the game. They were playing a lot of injuries. On the penalties, we also have played GC. Their bunch this year wants to spend more time turning the game into a debate and brawl than a football game. They cause their opp to pick up lots of retaliation type penalties. Of course McCracken is much the same. So when you combine the two, this is what you get.
I dont blame anyone for moving mccracken down. They were unimpressive beating a bad marshall county . They have been unimpressive ever since beating southaven. Mayfield handled most of there common opponents much easier. I dont know what is the deal with mccracken now.
They are a little banged up. They also have got to find a way to rely on the run a little more. If you remember one thing that has changed since the Mayfield game, you should pretty well have an understanding. It's the qb change. They have gone to Cash at qb more since then. That takes away the run threat they had. Hughes was not just a qb that could throw, he was their run threat. Their offense takes on a whole new deminsion when he is at qb. You can try to cover in zone to keep your eyes on him , but then he is going to run for 8-10 yards just when he wants to. If you go man to man, the corners and safeties cannot see when he takes off and he will run for 20-30 yards. But if you press up on his receivers he will burn you over the top. With Cash, there is no run threat. All you have then is either a short passing game or deep balls.