Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Calpreps overall KY rankings - updated Sat 10/11/2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I guess if you printed that on some really soft paper you could always........?????????
^Your point? You can do that with all the polls/rankings.
This is good stuff. Thanks jetpilot.
Estepp is one of the best players in the Commonwealth. I saw the highlights on HUDL. I watched TJ Dotson return a fumble against Pville for a TD. A Pville lineman ran step per step with him in pursuit. I think Pville is legit.
55 will have a heart attack on that one!
Trinity gets the #1 ranking due to strength of schedule, but, no way they should be ahead of Male, at this point. If they beat them next week, then maybe, but, not right now. Pikeville, at #11. Good to see they're getting some props for an excellent season..
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Trinity gets the #1 ranking due to strength of schedule, but, no way they should be ahead of Male, at this point. If they beat them next week, then maybe, but, not right now. Pikeville, at #11. Good to see they're getting some props for an excellent season..

Williamsburg will past pikeville after the Simi FINAL...:Cheerlead
64SUR Wrote:Williamsburg will past pikeville after the Simi FINAL...:Cheerlead

You better hope you can make it to the "Simi" Final!
Not sure you can beat Hazard?
The Williamsburg, and pikeville fans are both very confident as to who will come out of the east, and go to bg. The night after thanksgiving one of these fan bases will think they are world beaters, and the other will be crying, unless of course hazard, or someone else makes both fan bases cry.
killbilly usmc Wrote:The Williamsburg, and pikeville fans are both very confident as to who will come out of the east, and go to bg. The night after thanksgiving one of these fan bases will think they are world beaters, and the other will be crying, unless of course hazard, or someone else makes both fan bases cry.

What about mayfield fan based......Confusednicker:
I've never proclaimed may field will win the title this year. To early for me to tell, and this may field team ain't as good as some the others up to this point.
Crossbones Wrote:55 will have a heart attack on that one!

Wait until after the Caldwell county game the rankings will even fall more for may field. I think Caldwell is better than there rankings, but since they have them where they do may field will suffer with a loss, or even a close win. The only way I can see may field climbing after that game is they would have to throttle Caldwell, and that ain't happening.
killbilly usmc Wrote:The Williamsburg, and pikeville fans are both very confident as to who will come out of the east, and go to bg. The night after thanksgiving one of these fan bases will think they are world beaters, and the other will be crying, unless of course hazard, or someone else makes both fan bases cry.

No world beaters. Just doing our best.
These ratings are just a tool. Nothing to get too worked up about. They change over and over again. The great thing is that these things get settled on the field in Nov and Dec.
IMO, other than Trinity being ranked ahead of Male, these rankings look about as accurrate as any other I've seen. One thing for sure, 1a has 4 teams in the top 30 in the state, which is very unusual. That tells me that 1a is very strong this year in comparison to past years. I think each of the 4 deserve to be there, also. The thing is, even outside of these 4, the class have 4 or 5 other teams that are also very strong 1a teams capable of knocking the top 4 off at any time. Once you get to the Region championship round, you'll see some great football that'll be very competitive..
The East is much stronger this year.
Knox shouldn't be at 54. There's no way there are 53 teams better than central. I could see 25-30 teams being better but not 53.
jetpilot Wrote:^Your point? You can do that with all the polls/rankings.

Easy there, that would be my point as well.
Polls like these are always Verrrrryy debatable.
Some deserve to move up, some down
Pantherfan59 Wrote:Knox shouldn't be at 54. There's no way there are 53 teams better than central. I could see 25-30 teams being better but not 53.

- 6A is so deep. I could see at least 20 6A teams.
- Obviously there are at least7 or 8 in 4A.
- Considering they lost to Bell, have to say at least 5 teams in 3A
- 1A is ridiculously strong this year... the Top 4 for sure get the nod

Already we have 37

This leaves 2A and 5A.
-I find it hard ranking them any higher in 5A than 4A, there is another 7 or 8
- The top of 2A is strong.. at the minimum I give them 3 teams.

That puts us with 48 teams with a legitimate case to be ahead of them.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:- 6A is so deep. I could see at least 20 6A teams.

Already we have 37

This leaves 2A and 5A.

Hes also forgetting to mention it took a late score for Knox to come back and beat Whitley, and how many people would put Whitley anywhere near the top 50 at this point?
I think Knox is a solid 60-70 in KY. As you said, they also lost to Bell who might not be top 50.
Any state ranking without South Western in the top 10 is a joke!!! There is no possible way you can find 10 better teams in the state of KY. than the Warriors. They are solid in all phases of the game.
I'm just glad to see that Lawrence Co., at #84, is moving up the chart with a bullet.:Thumbs:
jim rome Wrote:Any state ranking without South Western in the top 10 is a joke!!! There is no possible way you can find 10 better teams in the state of KY. than the Warriors. They are solid in all phases of the game.

I can find 10 teams in 1A better.
:hilarious:
I don't think there are that many 1a teams as good or better than S Warren.
mayfield_9 Wrote:I can find 10 teams in 1A better.
:hilarious:

no you cant Smile
EKUAlum05 Wrote:- 6A is so deep. I could see at least 20 6A teams.

Already we have 37

This leaves 2A and 5A.

Understood. The lack of quality wins and opponents combined strength of schedule hurts the Knox bunch. I can see why knox is ranked so low but I have seen other teams play as well. A lot of other teams. And I honestly think knox is a top 25 team. Not trying to be a homer.
Pantherfan59 Wrote:Understood. The lack of quality wins and opponents combined strength of schedule hurts the Knox bunch. I can see why knox is ranked so low but I have seen other teams play as well. A lot of other teams. And I honestly think knox is a top 25 team. Not trying to be a homer.
Yes you are lol... I think your the only one that thinks this... LMAO
Who is going to beat SW in 5A? BG or PC would be underdogs in my opinion. SW is a beast right now. Could make a case for playing the best football in the state right now.
ThisIsIt14 Wrote:Yes you are lol... I think your the only one that thinks this... LMAO

Everyone has their own opinion! I'd like to see Middlesboro play Knox Confusednicker:Confusednicker:
Pages: 1 2