Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lewis County @ Russell 10/17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts/Predictions
Devils by 4 TD's.
Russell - 41

Lewis County - 13
If Russell wins this one they capture the district title.:devilflam
Russell rolls on.
russell with a running clock. Good to see the devils getting back on top!
Devils win big Senior nite
CUPCAKE CENTRAL!!! Devils will win huge on senior night and finally re-capture the district title. They will be partying into the late hours in flatwoods on Friday. Lewis will play hard but this Russell team is starting to gel at the right time. McKee is starting to take command of the offense, line play on both sides of the ball is finally there, and defensively Russell's linebackers for the first time in years are making plays. I have been particularly impressed with sophomore Evan Ison at outside linebacker. All points to big win on Friday for the Devils.

Devils: 48

Lions- 7
Russell wins going away with running clock
There will be no running clock. Lewis may not win but they will not quit, the Fleming score was a fluke. Russell 34-20.
Yeah 19-14 was a fluke.
devilbacker Wrote:Yeah 19-14 was a fluke.

19-14 was not a fluke. 45-6 was. Lewis has their QB they beat Mason and most likely make the Fleming County game a lot more interesting. Not going to say they would have beat Fleming because the entire team played atrocious.
Russell is firing on all cylinders, they've really exceeded my expectations for their first season under T.J. I honestly don't believe Lewis will give them a problem. Russell should win by a couple scores, at a minimum.
EVILS by a lot.
I'm glad to see such a quick turnaround to. It's not totally surprising, Russell did have talent comming back. That always helps. They seem to be playing better every game. We will see if there's a letdown after pounding mason into submission. If they don't come out flat, and are focused, they shouldn't have any trouble. Then its a tune up game before we see how far they've come with Pikeville. I say tune game because they play East Carter. Don't think they would have much trouble no matter how flat they came out.
Russell by 3 Tds.
It's been awhile since Russell has had very nice quality backups to fill in. Mell had a great game last week. Slone and Pennington do a good job double teaming the DE spot. I wouldn't call Spencer Cole exactly a back up but he can make things happen in the backfield along with Ison.
TJ is a great coach. Great defensive mind. Couple that with the staff he has around him and the returning tallent and you get what I said from the get go. It wouldnt be long until Russell took back the district. With Weddington, Id have given Lewis a shot. But losing him is too much of a void. Russell is starting to come together at the right time. Russell wins big on senior night and Maynard's era adds another bench mark and takes the district title back into Russells hands.

Russell 41
Lewis Co 14
Anything can happen but I do hope Russell can take back the District Title.

Let's get fired up!
Russell takes control early in this one.
Devils 42
Lions 17
Russell 40
Lewis 7