Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher Central 54 Harlan County 24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final.
Wow.....

Has anybody talked to Granny Bear???

She doesn't take losses to well.
Ruh Roh.

This should make the talk around the Black Mountain get a little interesting.
I watched this one.

LCC dominated from start to finish. Both teams lost players to ejections and those players will not be allowed to play for the rest of district. HC's defense could not stop LCC in any way shape or form.

Good win by LCC.
I predicted them as district champs in the preseason and it looks like they might be.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Wow.....

Has anybody talked to Granny Bear???

She doesn't take losses to well.

I gave her an update of the Williamsburg game and she never texts back....I guess she forgot her phone...I hope she ok :roses:
Confusedinglepar:rockon::Cheerlead:Clap::worthy::Thumbs::eyeroll::biggrin: I am going to sleep good tonight.
It's as simple as this. Harlan County just isn't as good this year as they had been in the past. Props to LCC. Looks like you guys are building a winning team. Hopefully Harlan County can group together in the years to come.
Letcher and Whitley headed for a big showdown.
Hats off to Letcher, just can't climb out of a hole with three fumbles! QB scrambling killed the Black Bears. Not wrapping up hurt on D. Showed some energy (maybe not in the right way, but it was energy!).
Back to the drawing board!

Go Bears
Told yall a while back, you can tell in the demeanor of the kids during pregame that there is something wrong at Harlan Co.
Patriot Wrote:Hats off to Letcher, just can't climb out of a hole with three fumbles! QB scrambling killed the Black Bears. Not wrapping up hurt on D. Showed some energy (maybe not in the right way, but it was energy!).
Back to the drawing board!

Go Bears

If Harlan County continues to struggle with a scrambling QB, then they might not win a district game. Woods at Whitley and Pray at Perry on dry fields will make teams scratch there heads on most night. Woods just has more to work with on offense. You could stick Pray with any other team and he would eat some yardage up.
Harlan county showed terrible sportsmanship tonight ! I'm not saying you stop playing hard but just because you're taking an a$$ whopping you shouldn't try to fight! If # 42 for Harlan had been ejected when he should have been the trouble could have been avoided! !! Simply put Blackbears not very good and sore losers!
touchdownkentucky Wrote:Harlan county showed terrible sportsmanship tonight ! I'm not saying you stop playing hard but just because you're taking an a$$ whopping you shouldn't try to fight! If # 42 for Harlan had been ejected when he should have been the trouble could have been avoided! !! Simply put Blackbears not very good and sore losers!
:lame:
touchdownkentucky Wrote:Harlan county showed terrible sportsmanship tonight ! I'm not saying you stop playing hard but just because you're taking an a$$ whopping you shouldn't try to fight! If # 42 for Harlan had been ejected when he should have been the trouble could have been avoided! !! Simply put Blackbears not very good and sore losers!
Congrats you won once in what? 4 or 5 years? Confusednicker: you deserve to talk trash. Enjoy it though, next year Me, GUT, PJDoug will be HC coaches and will lay a beating on ya..
Demarcus ware Wrote:Congrats you won once in what? 4 or 5 years? Confusednicker: you deserve to talk trash. Enjoy it though, next year Me, GUT, PJDoug will be HC coaches and will lay a beating on ya..

Confusednicker:
Sorry but you won't beat Letcher next year either.........lol .Lcc will be better next year.
touchdownkentucky Wrote:Sorry but you won't beat Letcher next year either.........lol .Lcc will be better next year.
:hilarious:
If the film is sent to KHSAA they will be more ejections. The two kids that we're fighting did not get tossed. This was not our best showing. I can only hope things will improved the next couple weeks. One question is why does it take a fight to get us up to play? We looked like we wanted to win after things got ugly.
^
I was wondering why the didn't eject more.
Don't get me wrong, I don't like to see kids ejected, but if both teams lose more players for the rest of there district games, it bodes well for WC and PCC.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Congrats you won once in what? 4 or 5 years? Confusednicker: you deserve to talk trash. Enjoy it though, next year Me, GUT, PJDoug will be HC coaches and will lay a beating on ya..

Granny Bear asked if she could be the trainer but I told her no.
Were completely cleaning house.
The first fight was when things should have been handled better.. Refs were confused , I guess....who knows. But there were at least 3 players from each team fighting. The two worst hits were left in game. We will see if film is sent, If I were coaching I would not , both teams would lose good players on the line. We can not lose anymore of our players.
Flicka Wrote:If the film is sent to KHSAA they will be more ejections. The two kids that we're fighting did not get tossed. This was not our best showing. I can only hope things will improved the next couple weeks. One question is why does it take a fight to get us up to play? We looked like we wanted to win after things got ugly.

Thats how thugs row. 42 should of been ejected before it got out of hand. :lame:
Leonidas Wrote:Told yall a while back, you can tell in the demeanor of the kids during pregame that there is something wrong at Harlan Co.

And has not been since early last year. It's amazing the damage cancer can cause a team. Once it starts kids don't want to be around it. Turns into cause and effect. Due to lack of talent the game plan gets even more conservative (if that's even possible). 3 and a pile of dust is just not fun to play or watch. Painful stuff to watch...all of it. Feel sorry for the kids and coaches.
UK2aday Wrote:Thats how thugs row. 42 should of been ejected before it got out of hand. :lame:
You can tell LCC finally won a game look at all the fans thats come back now. Been a long 5 years huh? To bad its been so long you forgot how to win with class. Not that you had any in the first place.
congrats to Mike and LCC on huge win. Now finish up strong, win the Dist.
If Harlan co has any sense at all, they will go after Dudley hilton.. This is not a joke...
touchdownkentucky Wrote:Sorry but you won't beat Letcher next year either.........lol .Lcc will be better next year.

you get this cocky after one win? if you win another one you will act like a Belfry fan Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:you get this cocky after one win? if you win another one you will act like a Belfry fan Confusednicker:
Well well well. Not even a belfry thread and pj Doug still can't stop talking about Belfry.
Congratulations Letcher County on a great game by you guys and the win!! The Coal Bowl trophy was earned by the Cougars tonight, and rests where it should.

I'm not sure who or how many players should've been ejected. I WILL say, because I can prove it, that the player ejected for Harlan County wasn't even in the game at the time. LOL Embarassed that kid to death. I personally believe that there was a lot of trash talking going on during the game. When the trash talker got called on, he ran like a coward. I am NOT going to identify this instigator; I don't have to do that. Most of those who are involved, know exactly who I'm talking about.

ANYWAY, I saw Zak bust through in the second fight, and level some kid. No call. I saw another kid literally twisting the leg of #42 while he was on the ground. No call.

My point is that as difficult as it would be to ignore a coward with a big mouth, it still should be done. We broke down mentally, and the game was an indication and symptom of what else was happening.

No excuses. Cougars played a great game and deserved the win. The QB was quite impressive, and i wish them all the best of luck going forward. Hopefully, the Black Bears can regroup and do the same. It KILLS me to know how hard some of these kids have worked, only to see it for naught.

As soon as the game was over, the fog rolled in so thick that at one point you could not see clearly across the field. I've got a picture of that if I can figure out how to post it.

Oh, and my football crew...my apologies. My cell phone had slipped out of my pocket when I got out of my car and I did not realize it. Found that sucker after the game just under my car...where it was DRY!! Miracle!! Well it wasn't dry, but just 'damp'. As wet as we all were, that would've been considered dry.

So, if we don't win another game this year, I will still be there supporting my Black Bears to the end!! Unless of course, Hilton does come in at coach. If that's the case, I will not watch ONE single game under him.

Go Black Bears!!!!
Great game tonight by Cougars! Played with more intensity and focus than has been seen in a while. LCC has been completely dominated by HC the past 4 years and it seems that has become something expected by everyone. LCC came into this game thinking they could win and just watching HC players coming out before kickoff it seemed they knew it too! And it happened! Such a different matchup than previous years. As a parent and fan being where HC is at right now is not a fun place to be we've been there! So proud of all our players, great game plan and execution! Go cougars
Pages: 1 2 3