Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg 26 Shelby Valley 18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Valley

Wasn't there, so did Prestonsburg play bad or is Valley pretty good?

I did say in the prediction thread that Valley has played with some good Prestonsburg teams in the past. Not at all surprised by this final score.
This was a heck of a game. Valley had the ball on the 11 and threw a pick with 2.8 left. Two good physical teams going at it out there. Like I said, heck of a game to watch.
Very good game Valley won the 1st half , had the ball coming out 2nd half and fumble. That killed there momentum. Great football game tonight both teams play hard and hated to see either lose this one. Yes Valley usually gives Prestonsburg a good game, honesty thought they was going to pull this one out tonight. Now both teams must prepare for the next district game.
Expected bigger win. Congrats to Pburg.
Uh oh....:Cheerlead
Was at this game tonight and I must say these 2 teams slugged it out and all these Leslie fans talking about Pburg and Leslie being in district title game well Valley might have something to say about that. Valley is very physical and run the ball well. Leslie will have their hands full with both these teams.
Was at the game tonight also. Valley did dominate line of scrimmage in first half. Only blackcat TD came on a possession that started at the Valley 20. Valley had (2) 100 yard rushers on the night. Pburg was not going to roll over though. They grinded it out for the win. Pburg forced 3 turnovers and gave up zero. That was the difference tonight. Great game and atmosphere at Teco Field.
These two teams battled all night long, neither of them took a play off. This was one of the most physical, competitive, all out games I've seen in a long time. I thought Valley had it at the half. They had a chance to make it a 2 score game before the half but couldn't punch it in. They fumbled again in the 2nd half while driving the ball and pburg capitalized making it 13-12. The rest of the game was a hard fought battle between both of the schools. Like I said, tonight, the real district championship was played. I honestly look for these 2 teams to meet again in the region championship. I'm calling it now. As for the Leslie fans, you'll get what you wanted next week when you have to play Shelby Valley. Ask anyone who was at the game tonight. This was the district championship. Great game by both teams and congrats to pburg. Good luck to both teams the rest of the year!
I'm laughing so hard at the people thinking this was the district tittle game. Leslie county runs defense is incredible. The D-Line will comtrol the line of scrimmage and punish SV OL. This game won't be easy but LC will be ready for you wildcats. Espically traveling to the good ole LC. The district championship is right in our hands haha. Sorry 4 your loss Valley. Better luck next year!!! Haha
very hard fought physical game tonight . Valley had this game in there hands and turnovers was the difference . One things for sure these wildcats are for real . Hard hitting , and run the ball well . Let's get ready for Leslie next week . Should be a good one .
4ever witness Wrote:I'm laughing so hard at the people thinking this was the district tittle game. Leslie county runs defense is incredible. The D-Line will comtrol the line of scrimmage and punish SV OL. This game won't be easy but LC will be ready for you wildcats. Espically traveling to the good ole LC. The district championship is right in our hands haha. Sorry 4 your loss Valley. Better luck next year!!! Haha

You're laughing? I can tell you are probably a player for Leslie by the way your post is worded. Several misspelled words & you're too cocky in you're posts. But alright kid, think whatever you want. Just ask the ole blackcats of it's easy playing valley. I honestly think Valley & Pburg both will beat you by atleast 20 points apiece. Now let the men talk about football & go to bed son.
Nothing but respect for Valley tonight !!

SV came out and ran the Wing-T in almost flawless manner in the first half. It shortened the game to the point P-burg's offense almost didn't get on the field enough to get in the flow of the game. The Wing-T is very hard to stop when it's run sharply like that, but fortunately for the Blackcats that offense's weakness showed - the quick intricate exchanges will occasionally end up with the ball on the ground if the timing gets off just a little.

The Wildcat defense came out and keyed Frasure, shutting him down in the first half. The SV defensive line took a page out of Pikeville's vs. Belfry and did a lot of shooting into the legs of the P-burg o-line to disrupt blocking. It worked WELL until P-burg went more to its passing game. That, in turn, loosened things up for the run and then Frasure got his yards. Jarrell had a good night running the ball playfaking to Frasure, also.

Prestonsburg injuries are beginning to mount and it may well be impeding the team a bit. Chase Ousley was especially missed at LB against Valley's running attack. Thomas Spears tweaked a knee tonight. Don't think it's more than a bruise or a sprain, but it'll be plenty sore/stiff tomorrow. The team could use an off week, but it's not going to happen...

A bit damp tonight though the rain petered out in the 1st qtr., but it was NASTY bad driving home...lol. Exciting game !!

:Clap::Clap:
Sounds like a very good game to have watched.

Congrats to the winners.

It's nice to see Valley being able to compete with teams like this.

Meaning it appears they are improving from where they have been.
Valley hung tough. Congrats Blackcats.
Respect for the SV Wildcats. Great game plan and great play. The Blackcats win a tuff, gut check kind of game. Thank heavens for an open week to heal.
Great job Blackcats!! Congratulations on your victory!! Now go forward, and finish strong!!
Heard Valley's corner got a concussion last night and also seen where the pburg player hurt his knee. Praying for both of those young men on a speedy recovery!
I hope the kid that was hurt is ok.
Granny Bear Wrote:Great job Blackcats!! Congratulations on your victory!! Now go forward, and finish strong!!

Leslie County will be waiting on Prestonsburg Granny Bear...I think Confusedhh:
This game was closer than I thought!
Leslie better have their focus on Shelby Valley this week. You can garuntee Valley will have a bad taste in their mouth after Friday night and will be coming with bad intentions.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Final from Valley

Wasn't there, so did Prestonsburg play bad or is Valley pretty good?

I did say in the prediction thread that Valley has played with some good Prestonsburg teams in the past. Not at all surprised by this final score.

Prestonsburg was without leading tackler Chase Ousley, but Valley is a lot better than i expected.

4ever witness Wrote:I'm laughing so hard at the people thinking this was the district tittle game. Leslie county runs defense is incredible. The D-Line will comtrol the line of scrimmage and punish SV OL. This game won't be easy but LC will be ready for you wildcats. Espically traveling to the good ole LC. The district championship is right in our hands haha. Sorry 4 your loss Valley. Better luck next year!!! Haha

I have not seen them play this year, so i won't deny your statement. What i do know is Prestonsburgs defense is probably the only defense to hold both Pugh of Pikeville and Jones of Hazard under 100 yards all year. Valley had two 100 yard rushers in this game. You may contain one, but i dont think you will contain both.

64SUR Wrote:Leslie County will be waiting on Prestonsburg Granny Bear...I think Confusedhh:

Stop thinking 64. You know it gives you a headache. Confusednicker:
You better be thinking about Shelby Valley because i don't think your Eagles will win that game.
Great game by both teams. Not many outside of the Shelby Valley fan base gave them any respect coming into this game including myself. They earned it Friday night. Both of Valley's RB's played hard and ran with a purpose. Both SV's O & D lines dominated the first half. Turnovers was the difference in this game and Prestonsburg capitalized on them to pull out a hard fought victory.

Good luck the rest of the season Wildcats.

To the person who started the thread of Leslie and Prestonsburg being the District Championship Game, well it was played this Friday night.

Glad we have a bye week. We need it in the worst way. Injuries are mounting for this team.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:...

Glad we have a bye week. We need it in the worst way. Injuries are mounting for this team.

Absolutely !! It should help the team get over a LOT of nagging injuries. :worthy::Thumbs:
Shocked this wasn't a running clock, best to both going forward
TigerBlues Wrote:Shocked this wasn't a running clock, best to both going forward

You laughed when I told you Valley should have beaten paintsville. 6 turnovers and only lost by 10. 3 turnovers against the blackcats and lost by 8. If valley doesn't turn the ball over they are worthy opponents for anyone.
Gator95 Wrote:You laughed when I told you Valley should have beaten paintsville. 6 turnovers and only lost by 10. 3 turnovers against the blackcats and lost by 8. If valley doesn't turn the ball over they are worthy opponents for anyone.

I only laughed at your 3 td prediction over Paintsville, the six turnovers and three at Pburg only means you have either tough luck or your opponents are forcing them which is what I'm leaning on. Best vs Leslie Co
TigerBlues Wrote:I only laughed at your 3 td prediction over Paintsville, the six turnovers and three at Pburg only means you have either tough luck or your opponents are forcing them which is what I'm leaning on. Best vs Leslie Co

Some of the turnovers are forced, but part of it is inherent in the Wing-T. It's like that with a lot multiple-option offensive schemes, but especially so with the T. A LOT depends on exact timing, ball handling, and choreography. Some of the forced fumbles are defenses which run-blitz select gaps which screws with the above.

If everything is executed just right, it is very hard to stop. Shelby Valley ran it pretty dang well.

Like every other scheme, you take the bad with the good.

:popcorn:
Pburg forced the first fumble by blitzing off the edge. SV just mis-handled a criss croos handoff the second fumble. The second fumble really hurt because SV was getting 4-6 yards a carry and was inside the 30 when it happened. Pburg will play in the regional finals and if things go well they will play for a title.