Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: LCA-36 Middlesboro-18 FINAL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
LCA moves to 4-3 Mboro moves to 3-3-1

LCA wins big on homecoming Nick Whittman has nearly 300 yards rushing and 5 tds...

Someone help me figure this out Middlesboro has dropped 3 straight now this was suppose to be our year I dont know what to do anymore lol... We get the qb change and despite the new freshman qb scoring all 3 scores he also threw crucial ints... We have no QB play at all... Edwards moves to FB and I beleive they ran with him more than Pittman he probally had about 40 yards on 20 carries lol... Brock had a good game Pittman played decent had the yardage but no scores to show for it... This team has completely fell apart this coaching staff is horrible some of the worst playcalling I've ever seen... I say Middlesboro either puts Pittman at QB or move him to the fb since barton is out and put Jake brock at rb and run the ball constant with these two... I just can't figure out what the problem is with this team and all the talent is it the QB play?? thoughts for people who have seen this team play??
I'm still not gonna count this team out by the way remember folks last year Somerset was the 3 seed in this same district and didn't have quite the season they thought but we saw what they did come playoff time.. Thats who this team reminds me of. We just got to find what the problem is now and fix it fast...
As expected Mboro and Bell both aren't that good.
Not going to say nothing..:Sad04:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:As expected Mboro and Bell both aren't that good.
if you say so... We are playing bad but were not this bad believe me... I dont really care what you think you've probally not seen either play all year.. Like I said remember Somerset last year the 3 seed from this district so we will see..
I thought this one would be closer, but with middlesboro's run defense being as average as it is, I was worried Whitman would have a career night and it sounds like he did? Middlesboro may be better off keeping this freshman at QB for the rest of the year and try to get him some game experience for next season? Their shot at making a run doesn't look good and the experience he gets the rest of the season will make him a seasoned starter going into next year.
baseball1974 Wrote:I thought this one would be closer, but with middlesboro's run defense being as average as it is, I was worried Whitman would have a career night and it sounds like he did? Middlesboro may be better off keeping this freshman at QB for the rest of the year and try to get him some game experience for next season? Their shot at making a run doesn't look good and the experience he gets the rest of the season will make him a seasoned starter going into next year.
Horrible playcalling and I dont think keeping the QB in rest of the year will do much this Middlesboro team will be awful next year lol... This is the year that everyone in Middlesboro has been waiting on since these kids were in 6th or 7th grade... Somethings just not clicking though I think its the coaching change and less than average qb play..
ThisIsIt14 Wrote:LCA moves to 4-3 Mboro moves to 3-3-1

LCA wins big on homecoming Nick Whittman has nearly 300 yards rushing and 5 tds...

Someone help me figure this out Middlesboro has dropped 3 straight now this was suppose to be our year I dont know what to do anymore lol... We get the qb change and despite the new freshman qb scoring all 3 scores he also threw crucial ints... We have no QB play at all... Edwards moves to FB and I beleive they ran with him more than Pittman he probally had about 40 yards on 20 carries lol... Brock had a good game Pittman played decent had the yardage but no scores to show for it... This team has completely fell apart this coaching staff is horrible some of the worst playcalling I've ever seen... I say Middlesboro either puts Pittman at QB or move him to the fb since barton is out and put Jake brock at rb and run the ball constant with these two... I just can't figure out what the problem is with this team and all the talent is it the QB play?? thoughts for people who have seen this team play??

I have watched you play twice, poor QB play particularly throwing the ball...
ThisIsIt14 Wrote:Horrible playcalling and I dont think keeping the QB in rest of the year will do much this Middlesboro team will be awful next year lol... This is the year that everyone in Middlesboro has been waiting on since these kids were in 6th or 7th grade... Somethings just not clicking though I think its the coaching change and less than average qb play..

I think maybe your expectations were a little high for this group?

LCA is a very very average team.
Defense didnt show up never was qt back position. 300 yds and five touch down not qt back.:flame:
Maybe the coaching change wasn't the fix needed.
DJT Wrote:Defense didnt show up never was qt back position. 300 yds and five touch down not qt back.:flame:
I'm not talking tonight inpaticular.. I'm talking last 3 games..
baseball1974 Wrote:I think maybe your expectations were a little high for this group?

LCA is a very very average team.
I think not we do have two of the best backs in the mtns in Pittman and Barton.. Barton was hurt and we didn't use Pittman like we should have... Look obviously you have no clue what the problem and solution is so just quit trolling.. You obviously are just going by the score this was a td game most of the game until the 4th... If you go by just the score I mean whats the excuse for Pikeville shouldn't they have beat us alot worst is LCA beat us by 18
So much for that Championship. Wow !! Middlesboro may finish 0-3 in Dist play.
E's Army Wrote:Maybe the coaching change wasn't the fix needed.
I'm starting to believe it... If this team doesn't straighten up and turn this season around and do what all of us in Middlesboro thought I will never root for this team again as long as this Super is there... I'll wait until he is gone before I'll ever stick up for them again... We've already loss more games this years than last not counting the tie..
Cellking Wrote:So much for that Championship. Wow !! Middlesboro may finish 0-3 in Dist play.
We could honestly... I doubt it but we could I'm not denying.. I'm still riding my hopes high because of what Somerset did in this district last year though lol..
ThisIsIt14 Wrote:I think not we do have two of the best backs in the mtns in Pittman and Barton.. Barton was hurt and we didn't use Pittman like we should have... Look obviously you have no clue what the problem and solution is so just quit trolling.. You obviously are just going by the score this was a td game most of the game until the 4th... If you go by just the score I mean whats the excuse for Pikeville shouldn't they have beat us alot worst is LCA beat us by 18

Don't get your feelings hurt. You have a good couple of backs but their hardly the two best in the mountains. I'm just saying you guys may have put too much on this team and they just don't have the ability to get the results you want. Their a good team but nothing like what the expectations were.
baseball1974 Wrote:Don't get your feelings hurt. You have a good couple of backs but their hardly the two best in the mountains. I'm just saying you guys may have put too much on this team and they just don't have the ability to get the results you want. Their a good team but nothing like what the expectations were.
Didn't say they were the best two said they two of the best... You can think what you want but we still got alot of football left we just got to fix this bug in our game fast..
Have the wheels come off totally or is this fixable.
ThisIsIt14 Wrote:I think not we do have two of the best backs in the mtns in Pittman and Barton.. Barton was hurt and we didn't use Pittman like we should have... Look obviously you have no clue what the problem and solution is so just quit trolling.. You obviously are just going by the score this was a td game most of the game until the 4th... If you go by just the score I mean whats the excuse for Pikeville shouldn't they have beat us alot worst is LCA beat us by 18
He's not trolling. Middlesboro expectations were simply too high. Edwards is a pro style drop back QB with limited mobility/speed. Sounds like they should be moving him to TE, put this other kid in as QB, and then Barton/Pitman as the backs. That gives you lots of options with Edwards at TE, the QB would be speedy and from the sounds of it, basically similar in terms of passing ability, so QB would be an upgrade with 2 good backs and Edwards playing a similar role in the offense to Tamme for UK, with some blocking (good sized kid), nightmare matchup height wise for CBs, and maybe fast enough to slip LBs in the flats.

How's that for suggestions? I'm not trolling, offering my opinion. That's all.
I think it's still fixable but it's not getting any better they come off more and more each week... started undefeated at 3-0-1 with a win over bell which is their only loss and then a decent game with Pikeville we all know what Pikeville has done and then we lose to Union VA team who we beat pretty handily last season with practically the same squad and now this horrible loss to LCA with a qb change playing the freshman on LCAs homecoming maybe it was just a bad time for the QB change being a freshman against a Lexington team at homecoming IDK I can't figure it out Barton got hurt Pittman and Brock still playing pretty good but its the playcalling and the qb play maybe the freshman will be more comfortable at home next week against danville though..
PHSForever Wrote:He's not trolling. Middlesboro expectations were simply too high. Edwards is a pro style drop back QB with limited mobility/speed. Sounds like they should be moving him to TE, put this other kid in as QB, and then Barton/Pitman as the backs. That gives you lots of options with Edwards at TE, the QB would be speedy and from the sounds of it, basically similar in terms of passing ability, so QB would be an upgrade with 2 good backs and Edwards playing a similar role in the offense to Tamme for UK, with some blocking (good sized kid), nightmare matchup height wise for CBs, and maybe fast enough to slip LBs in the flats.

How's that for suggestions? I'm not trolling, offering my opinion. That's all.
I like that but Barton is now hurt for a few weeks so that goes out the window.. I like that though it's just getting to coach to do so.. Maybe slide brock to fill in for Barton until he's back and then bring another receiver off the bench..
In my opinion, this QB will be hard to handle in the future, he is young. But, you have players on the bench that are too fast to be sitting the bench and they are not in the right positions when they do get to play. You have two good coaches on that team and the rest are useless. One has never picked a football up in his life. Crazy. Congratulations to the new QB. You did a heck of a job kid!
Very disappointing loss. I'm sure the coaches and players are even more disappointed than we fans are. I will start my thoughts with a couple of excuses in Middlesboro's defense...1) Not having Seth Barton hurts badly on both sides of the ball. 2)Being Elliott's first start, I'm sure he had some jitters. 3) A week long fall break is a nightmare for football coaches.

All of that said, this team could have Mike Ditka at the helm and if the kids don't execute, they still wouldn't win. It's as simple as that. While I won't call any of the kids out by name, there are SEVERAL who need a reality check and I hope they got it with this recent skid. If you are supposedly the best back/player on the team, you don't miss practice. Period. No excuses. I don't care how strong some of our lineman are, you can't play standing straight up.

A lot of these seniors need to stop playing entitled and start playing inspired if they want to be around very long come playoff time.

I have 100% faith in this staff to make the proper personel decisions to put us in the best position to win. They have the opportunity to watch and analyze these kids more than any of us do.
ThisIsIt14 Wrote:I like that but Barton is now hurt for a few weeks so that goes out the window.. I like that though it's just getting to coach to do so.. Maybe slide brock to fill in for Barton until he's back and then bring another receiver off the bench..

Brock is playing with a severely injured shoulder and is only able to continue playing by avoiding major contact by playing wideout. Put him at tailback and you risk being even more short handed.
Sounded like Elliott was one of the few bright spots. The coaches are very high on him, rightfully so.
Number One Fan Wrote:In my opinion, this QB will be hard to handle in the future, he is young. But, you have players on the bench that are too fast to be sitting the bench and they are not in the right positions when they do get to play. You have two good coaches on that team and the rest are useless. One has never picked a football up in his life. Crazy. Congratulations to the new QB. You did a heck of a job kid!
Despite Elliot throwing 2 ints in his first start against LCA on homecoming he did score all of our tds... I say we keep him in but maybe not throw the ball as much and please move Edwards to TE like someone above said he is way too slow they ran with him way too much tonight... I think we could fix things with pittman running the ball and move Jake over let him run some get edwards out and let him do nothing but block keep elliot in he can run the ball really well also for a qb.. bring in a couple new receivers off the bench and just dont pass as much ya know stick to the run and throw a pass in here and there..
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:Very disappointing loss. I'm sure the coaches and players are even more disappointed than we fans are. I will start my thoughts with a couple of excuses in Middlesboro's defense...1) Not having Seth Barton hurts badly on both sides of the ball. 2)Being Elliott's first start, I'm sure he had some jitters. 3) A week long fall break is a nightmare for football coaches.

All of that said, this team could have Mike Ditka at the helm and if the kids don't execute, they still wouldn't win. It's as simple as that. While I won't call any of the kids out by name, there are SEVERAL who need a reality check and I hope they got it with this recent skid. If you are supposedly the best back/player on the team, you don't miss practice. Period. No excuses. I don't care how strong some of our lineman are, you can't play standing straight up.

A lot of these seniors need to stop playing entitled and start playing inspired if they want to be around very long come playoff time.

I have 100% faith in this staff to make the proper personel decisions to put us in the best position to win. They have the opportunity to watch and analyze these kids more than any of us do.
Everyone knows your talking about Pittman... He shouldn't miss practice but I mean honestly I think he's about gave up on this team himself he and and Brock and Barton before injury and now maybe elliot is the only bright spots on this team this year... I dont really blame him..
Pittman may miss practice but when its gametime that kid is there and he's ready to play each and every night... If you was the only one who's showed up consistently every night ready to play big boy football would you not get tired of the rest as well I know I would..
ThisIsIt14 Wrote:Pittman may miss practice but when its gametime that kid is there and he's ready to play each and every night... If you was the only one who's showed up consistently every night ready to play big boy football would you not get tired of the rest as well I know I would..

The kid definitely plays hard. But you can't miss multiple practices in a week leading up to a game and be fully prepared. Going hard is one thing. Knowing what the other team is going to do because you've went over the gameplan in practice is another thing. Maybe that had something to do with LCA running it down our throats.

Like I said, no excuse for missing practice. None. Get out of here with that garbage.
Pages: 1 2