Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Newport Central Cath 22 Newport 17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Newport can't get over the hump...
15 years and counting!!!
Game was a little closer than NCC fans figure.Confusednicker:
Congrats to New Cath.
64SUR Wrote:Game was a little closer than NCC fans figure.Confusednicker:

A win is a win period!
The only thing that made this game close was the number of personal fouls our kids had because they couldn't control their emotions. Even with that, NCC failed to put the nail in the coffin until the last minute. NCC's o coordinator was given the game with 3:56 left in the 4th quarter and Newport got the ball back with almost 2:50 left. He ran 3 plays in less than 56 seconds and gave Newport a chance to win. That's terrible! It's decisions like that which will get you beat come playoff time. Prince played fantastic tonight. I'd take him in a heartbeat on any team.
Hats off to Price GREAT player but that wasn't my question. Clearly Smith is better than Joseph and after last night we both should agree on that!
Price is the real deal.
Newport you have come A long way. you are an excellent team with A difficult schedule, I believe you will be A force to recon with. Good luck work hard.
@ NUCLEAR OPTION

LAME!!! Give credit where credit is due. Newcath was clearly the better team last night. Smith was a beast out there last night and so was QB Henschen. Not talking anything away from Newport, but 3 personal fouls in the 1st quarter???? Wow, Come on. Everyone was playing emotional, but that is lack of discipline. And what was up with Newport's last possession??? The QB/RB ( whoever was running the ball), was more concerned with trying to get out of bounds instead of getting the first down. Talk about giving someone the ball, even the Newport fans were questioning that one.
topnotch Wrote:Newport you have come A long way. you are an excellent team with A difficult schedule, I believe you will be A force to recon with. Good luck work hard.

Newport had a difficult schedule?!?!?
Congrats Breds, keep up your momentum into the playoffs and stay healthy. I think you see a rematch of NCC and Newport in the regional which should be a dandy. NCC still has a lot of work do to at defensive end. I don't know if Newport exploited that position or if Price was that athletic to get outside, but man is he fast. I'm still a little weiry of our secondary play. When we get beat we look confused. I don't know if its the coverage, guys not knowing the coverage or guys being undisciplined. Maybe a combination of all, who knows. Keep working hard in practice and getting better men!
Newport is closer than you think.
topnotch Wrote:Newport is closer than you think.

So you say!
Newport could easily be there in regional finals.
^^^You're correct. The issue with Newport is they turn everything into a street fight and forget its a football game. Penalty's will be this team's downfall.:ChairHit:
Let me be the only voice of reason here. Newport was the more talented team. But as i said, coaching and discipline would be the X factor. Extremely poor decision to go for it on forth down in the first half and then punting on the ncc 34 yard line made zero sense in the 2nd half. Nccs offensive line looked much better in the second half and harris needs more carries. Its funny, i suggested putting smith at qb last season. We used him there his freshman year. A dropped interception by newport that would have gone for 6 in the 1st quater would have put the game away. Instead, going for it on 4th down cost newlort the game.
nuclear option Wrote:The only thing that made this game close was the number of personal fouls our kids had because they couldn't control their emotions. Even with that, NCC failed to put the nail in the coffin until the last minute. NCC's o coordinator was given the game with 3:56 left in the 4th quarter and Newport got the ball back with almost 2:50 left. He ran 3 plays in less than 56 seconds and gave Newport a chance to win. That's terrible! It's decisions like that which will get you beat come playoff time. Prince played fantastic tonight. I'd take him in a heartbeat on any team.

That is part of the game just like A good catch.
Newport is much better than their record.
i dont know about that topnotch, they definately have the talent to blow NCC off the field. but it boils down to coaching and discipline. i think its a little of newport has some talent this year and ncc for the most part is not good on defense and due to extremley poor coaching and play calling on offense, they are down this year. the 4-3 defense makes no sense. move gray to corner, move enslen to safety and get pangallo, sutkamp and hairball at lb with tallon. u could even put grey and lb and leave anderson at safety. he has played really well there and is certainly not afraid to hit u.
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:i dont know about that topnotch, they definately have the talent to blow NCC off the field. but it boils down to coaching and discipline. i think its a little of newport has some talent this year and ncc for the most part is not good on defense and due to extremley poor coaching and play calling on offense, they are down this year. the 4-3 defense makes no sense. move gray to corner, move enslen to safety and get pangallo, sutkamp and hairball at lb with tallon. u could even put grey and lb and leave anderson at safety. he has played really well there and is certainly not afraid to hit u.

This is where I would disagree with you. Newport does not have the talent to blow NCC off the field. You know those boys would prob think different as well. Newport has Price who is extremely talented but other than that who do they have that could blow the Breds off the field?
64SUR Wrote:Game was a little closer than NCC fans figure.Confusednicker:

So was the burgs game against newport.:lmao:
All because New port has A better team than you think.
How many games has the teams they lost to lost.
They will surprise people in the play offs WATCH
Rematch could be a different story if NCC makes it.
I wouldn't bank on it.
E's Army Wrote:Rematch could be a different story if NCC makes it.

I think this statement is hilarious considering NCC beat Newport. I think the question would be is if Newport makes it??