Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ryle 21 - Cov Cath 14 Final
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final per the board.

Let's go Raiders!!!!!!!!!
Congrats Ryle.
Sweeeeeeet! Nothing taste better than some victory pie! Has to be better than that crow being eaten by all those who doubted us!
Congrats to Ryle Raiders..... Is there a chance that Cov Cath doesn't finish second in district play? I guess Holmes lost to Bellevue so prob not.
Congrats Ryle. I was one who thought this was CC's year, how more wrong I could be! It's not that I dislike Highland's, I was just hoping for some competition to spice things up a little bit. Ok I'll say it in advance.......maybe next year! Ryle seems to have found its mojo and I think can make some noise in the playoffs especailly since Campbell Co is starting to fall apart. Good luck!
Nice W.
strawberryshakeman Wrote:Congrats Ryle. I was one who thought this was CC's year, how more wrong I could be! It's not that I dislike Highland's, I was just hoping for some competition to spice things up a little bit. Ok I'll say it in advance.......maybe next year! Ryle seems to have found its mojo and I think can make some noise in the playoffs especailly since Campbell Co is starting to fall apart. Good luck!

CovCath has injuries........... they were down to their fourth string QB at the end of the Ryle game (a freshman, I think they said).

If CovCath gets healthy, they could still give Highlands some problems.
every team has injuries so enough with that excuse. i think the kid that played QB last night is better than Dressman anyway. can't imagine you dont have another RB in the bunch? you lost again, is what it is and every team has to overcome injuries. healthy or not HHS still lays a beat down on ya!
BFritz Wrote:CovCath has injuries........... they were down to their fourth string QB at the end of the Ryle game (a freshman, I think they said).

If CovCath gets healthy, they could still give Highlands some problems.

All the talk before they played Highlands was how healthy they were this year with NO one hurt! Highlands destroyed a bad and healthy Cov Cath team, they are not going to come close in the playoffs and I think JC will beat them preventing a rematch anyway!
If your performance drops off that radically with a few injuries, then depth has to be questioned. Highlands is now in the "heads" of the entire Cov Cath program. I don't believe anyone in Park Hills believes they an beat Highlands.
Pick6 Wrote:If your performance drops off that radically with a few injuries, then depth has to be questioned. Highlands is now in the "heads" of the entire Cov Cath program. I don't believe anyone in Park Hills believes they an beat Highlands.

A few? To be clear, I am not into making excuses, but how many 4A teams do you think would outperform an improving 6A team with the following starters out: QB , backup QB (who also played, WR and RB when he wasn't in at QB) the RB, the 2nd most productive WR, and on Defense: the Strong Safety and one Corner. All those players except the back up QB and RB are seniors BTW.
If Cov Cath had laid a complete egg, I'd be a lot more concerned. Heck- they lost in the last 20 seconds. As they played with fight and with the cards they were dealt, I'm optimistic that once they get back to health that they will make some noise and make their mark.
We were banged up early in the year. Had a new coach, and a new system. NOBODY gave us any slack. We played Scott County ( still undefeated in 6a and the returning state champs), Sycamore ( who is doing very well this year in the GCL). All we heard is how dismal and bad we were. So for a team who has very limited borders, ( if any at all ), athletic scholarships, has 80 plus kids. I don't think you get a pass on getting manhandled and whooped by a 1a school and an improving 6a school.
If this is how CC plays without these seniors how long will next year be? Highlands stole their desire.
Fear the Nation Wrote:We were banged up early in the year. Had a new coach, and a new system. NOBODY gave us any slack. We played Scott County ( still undefeated in 6a and the returning state champs), Sycamore ( who is doing very well this year in the GCL). All we heard is how dismal and bad we were. So for a team who has very limited borders, ( if any at all ), athletic scholarships, has 80 plus kids. I don't think you get a pass on getting manhandled and whooped by a 1a school and an improving 6a school.

Not asking for any slack- and I never gave Ryle any grief earlier in the year- I knew they had the talent.
And by the way- Cov Cath does not give out "athletic scholarships". The work study program at Cov Cath runs thru a national clearinghouse where families apply and are granted aid based on financial need. The kids are then expected to work before or after school the accorded hours. Very few kids playing athletics are able to participate in this program due to the demands on the field.
bluedad1 Wrote:Not asking for any slack- and I never gave Ryle any grief earlier in the year- I knew they had the talent.
And by the way- Cov Cath does not give out "athletic scholarships". The work study program at Cov Cath runs thru a national clearinghouse where families apply and are granted aid based on financial need. The kids are then expected to work before or after school the accorded hours. Very few kids playing athletics are able to participate in this program due to the demands on the field.
And monkeys FLY !
WHAT I SEE Wrote:And monkeys FLY !

Confusederiously:I always thought it was pigs. Monkey's do fly in . The wizard of oz.
WHAT I SEE Wrote:And monkeys FLY !

And morons like yourself prefer to stay ignorant
I know the Colonels play it close to the vest relative to injuries, but has there been anything leaked out as to how serious any of the injuries are?
bluedad1 Wrote:And morons like yourself prefer to stay ignorant
Moron and ignorant, Classy! That " class" must not be available yet as part of the curriculum at CCH ? Or did you just sleep through it? It was a great game from start to finish, IMO the QB that played in the Ryle game was better than your 2nd QB. Your program should definitely have enough talent at the other positions to overcome injuries. I don't believe you were replacing any D1 talent at those positions. Hope you get healthy and finish strong.
WHAT I SEE Wrote:Moron and ignorant, Classy! That " class" must not be available yet as part of the curriculum at CCH ? Or did you just sleep through it? It was a great game from start to finish, IMO the QB that played in the Ryle game was better than your 2nd QB. Your program should definitely have enough talent at the other positions to overcome injuries. I don't believe you were replacing any D1 talent at those positions. Hope you get healthy and finish strong.

Still looking for affirmation or something?

I was responding to your moronic comment implying Cov Cath warding "athletic scholarships".

BTW- that was Cov Cath's 3rd string QB
once again, every year, there r only three teams in nky that has a chance at winning a state title. ncc, beechwood and highlands.