Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pulaski Co. 35 Madison Southern 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
Running clock on national TV...ouch
Any update on Pulaski QB Riley Hall?
I'm trying to find out on my end on halls injury. His injury was to the left shoulder area, which is the shoulder that was injured in his car accident 2 weeks ago.
No Damien Harris, no offense for Madison Southern.
Hope to see Harris and Hall back on the field soon.
Defense played pretty well I thought at times. If Damien is there by the playoffs this will be a unbelievable game!!! Hats off to Pulaski and their kids they are some hard-nosed kids. Thank Damien and Coach Clark for setting this up for you to shine on national television...:-)!...just saying!
By the way...I'm still drying out! When these teams play the weather is always shitty.
I'll say it...

I was very let down with the quality of Pulaski County. I was expecting to see something much more. I know it was wet and there were nerves...but that is not the juggernaut some made them out to be by a long shot.

Still a good team and I wouldn't be one bit surprised to see them in Bowling Green...but that team I watched tonight I couldn't see win a State Title in any classification 1A-6A. Once agan maybe it was just the enormity of the game making them play tight.
They already showed they are mere mortals with the 2 pt. win last week.
I'm hearing from a good source that Hall broke his collar bone.
jetpilot Wrote:They already showed they are mere mortals with the 2 pt. win last week.

I gave them a mulligan for that and chalked it up to over inflated egos and an underlooked opponent. This week they played a mediocre Madison Southern team without Harris and a BAD Madison Southern defense and it took 2 late scores to finally put it away.

Once again..maybe something else is in play and we just aren't seeing the real Pulaski.. but that team tonight just needs to thank the heavens they are in a class that is ridiculously down outside of Bowling Green.
Used to think Pulaski was the beast of the east. But, after watching them a few times they are very, very beatable. all it takes is heart. In any ball game. And don't look down on North they are very good at what they do.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I gave them a mulligan for that and chalked it up to over inflated egos and an underlooked opponent. This week they played a mediocre Madison Southern team without Harris and a BAD Madison Southern defense and it took 2 late scores to finally put it away.

Once again..maybe something else is in play and we just aren't seeing the real Pulaski.. but that team tonight just needs to thank the heavens they are in a class that is ridiculously down outside of Bowling Green.

All I'm saying is they should have thanked the heavens last week as well and maybe they aren't 3TD's better than anyone in the mountains like almost everyone has been saying?
jetpilot Wrote:All I'm saying is they should have thanked the heavens last week as well and maybe they aren't 3TD's better than anyone in the mountains like almost everyone has been saying?

Confusedhh:
Most likely took some energy out of the guys when Riley went down...

You pray for an injury free game but to see your QB go down has to cause some emotional letdown.

The game last week was not as close as the score indicated, a few goal line hiccups almost cost them the game. Not to mention at North has always been very tough to play for Pulaski, better yet North is a tough W for Pulaski every year regardless of talent. Will add in that the conditions were sloppy in both games.

Hopefully two class act guys can be back on the field soon. Like someone said, I've also heard Riley may of broke his collarbone, although I have heard no definite answer.

Great win Pulaski, keep em coming!
I completely agree EKU.
But this isn't the same team I seen the first couple of weeks this season.

There was something about PC over the past two weeks that just doesn't seem right. They are MUCH better than they showed tonight. I don't know whats going on over there. The team that blew out Corbin to begin the season can beat any team east of I 75. The team we seen struggle with MS tonight might not win district.

Let me state this for the record though. IF Hall is done for the season, I think SW will be playing in Bowling Green. Mark it down.
Hall and Harris going down may have opened the door for Warriors.
We heard after the game we were at that Hall had a broken collar bone. Hated to hear that!!
Without Hall, PC is still a good team, BUT, they don't have another QB capable of winning tough games.
It hurt to watch that backup try to throw.
jetpilot Wrote:All I'm saying is they should have thanked the heavens last week as well and maybe they aren't 3TD's better than anyone in the mountains like almost everyone has been saying?
Maybe to an outsider it appears that way but you have to remember that Riley Hall was involved in a serious car crash before the Lincoln Co game and hasnt been 100% since and couple that with the injury last night and
you have an offense a little out of sync right now but too much talent on this team to give up on. They might not win by 40 now but they wont have to with their defense still shutting people out.
Slotback22 Wrote:Maybe to an outsider it appears that way but you have to remember that Riley Hall was involved in a serious car crash before the Lincoln Co game and hasnt been 100% since and couple that with the injury last night and
you have an offense a little out of sync right now but too much talent on this team to give up on. They might not win by 40 now but they wont have to with their defense still shutting people out.

I agree. It's pretty obvious that Pulaski County has not been clicking on all cylinders, since Hall had the accident. Harris not being able to play put a damper on the whole game, because lets face it, Madison Southern is terrible without Harris. We don't know how good Pulaski County is without Hall. I guess we will find out soon enough. They have a good coach and a fine program. I think they will be OK.
One thing everyone is forgetting, It was pouring rain the entire game. That makes it hard on a passing team.
Was expecting more of a score from PC. Either way both teams are good this season.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:One thing everyone is forgetting, It was pouring rain the entire game. That makes it hard on a passing team.

No...we aren't forgetting, MUDBOWL last year last didn't effect passing much in the pouring rain. If the QB is hurt then Pulaski will still get the district I think but not a very deep playoff run.
The Maroons are THE TEAM to beat in 5A. The rain is debatable on the passing game give & take. PC is pretty sparked up both sides of the ball.
FarristownFlyer Wrote:No...we aren't forgetting, MUDBOWL last year last didn't effect passing much in the pouring rain. If the QB is hurt then Pulaski will still get the district I think but not a very deep playoff run.

What I was meaning was how everyone talking about Pulaski not looking good last night. Its hard for a passing team like Pulaski to play perfect in the rain. Without hall I can still see PC winning this region maybe even getting to the championship, but don't see them being able to play with bowling green
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:What I was meaning was how everyone talking about Pulaski not looking good last night. Its hard for a passing team like Pulaski to play perfect in the rain. Without hall I can still see PC winning this region maybe even getting to the championship, but don't see them being able to play with bowling green

You may be correct
Everyone is focusing on the offensive side of the ball for PC. Let's not forget this is a VERY good defensive team! The 1st team defense has only given up 2 TDs all year long, against some pretty good teams. With the stout defense and the running game they have, the Maroons have a championship combination. George Gregory is going to shock a lot of people when they see how good he really is at QB(think Chris Muse). PC will be just fine.
With or without Hall, the Maroons are the hands-down favorite to win AAAAA, IMO.

Limitless talent and elite coaching are a tough combination to beat. They'll be just fine either way.
Pages: 1 2