Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Question from the Valley Record thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cats eye
I don't mean anything bad by this question but does Shelby Valley feel as though it was a good season? They won 5 games and made the play offs. Is that good from their point of veiw. I know that would be a horrible season for SC. This years Pburg team has won 6 games and this is one of their worst seasons. There was just alot of talk from valley this year and i was wondering if this is what they expected? Is this a good Valley team?

I feel as if they had a very productive season. Valley had a lot of players quit, many of them would have been starters, I believe 3 were offensive linemen, a wide receiver and a Tight end. Their younger players look very promising and they show that they can overcome a lot of things that were thrown at them this season. Great season Wildcats.
i think that Valley had a pretty decent season and i do believe that if the three players that i know of quiting was still playing then the season could have been a little better....but i guess you have to work with what youve got and maybe it will pay off in the long run....and i do think that next year they will have a heck of lot better season...thats just my oppinion
If I was one of the Valley faithful I'd say it was a successful season. I don't know how long the coach will last because the parents are pretty much idiots, but if they give him time the program will be fine.
Good season wildcats,I know it didn't turn out how we all wanted it to but you had a good season and great job seniors, we'll miss you
Disco Stu Wrote:If I was one of the Valley faithful I'd say it was a successful season. I don't know how long the coach will last because the parents are pretty much idiots, but if they give him time the program will be fine.

:redboxer: :redboxer: I don't know why you are calling the parents idiots up there. Because parents up there aren't and they think a lot of the coach, except the Damron's! Truely, he probably doesn't care, but if the idiots I'm talking about try to do something, many of the players and the parents will have his back! HE ISN'T GOING NO WHERE!!!!!!!!!
cowgirl34 Wrote::redboxer: :redboxer: I don't know why you are calling the parents idiots up there. Because parents up there aren't and they think a lot of the coach, except the Damron's! Truely, he probably doesn't care, but if the idiots I'm talking about try to do something, many of the players and the parents will have his back! HE ISN'T GOING NO WHERE!!!!!!!!!

so the damron brothers are the one who quit?
I'm looking for SV to do a little better next year. Their younger players were gaining some experience and by next season will be a bit more prepared to do the job.
JWBN4EA Wrote:i think that Valley had a pretty decent season and i do believe that if the three players that i know of quiting was still playing then the season could have been a little better....but i guess you have to work with what youve got and maybe it will pay off in the long run....and i do think that next year they will have a heck of lot better season...thats just my oppinion

Who are the three players you are talking about?
The three he was talking of were Shad Newsome, Chris Tackett, Ben Wyatt, and Eric Aluthhouser(sp?). Chris Tackett played alot on defense last year and I belive was a backup running back, Shad played line, I think, Ben was a corner and wr, and Eric was a lineman, All four may have seen alot of playing time this year but, if they didn't wanna play for the coach then they didn't need to be on the field.
JWBN4EA Wrote:i think that Valley had a pretty decent season and i do believe that if the three players that i know of quiting was still playing then the season could have been a little better....but i guess you have to work with what youve got and maybe it will pay off in the long run....and i do think that next year they will have a heck of lot better season...thats just my oppinion

Everyone has players quit or injuries. SC in 98 had their starting center break his hand for the second time, their starting offensive tackle break his leg, Starting Offensive guard/ deffensive end tear his acl, and starting wide receiver tear his acl. They also had a half back playing with a broke foot and a fullback with two sprain ankles (which i consider very minor). This was a very shallow SC team anyways with most players going both ways. I could say with these players we would have been much better. Maybe even state champs. But we only made it to the semi finals to get beat by the (arguably) best team to ever play in Ky, a Lorenzon led Highland team. My point on this long drawn out comment is good teams get through these things.
NYY10 Wrote:so the damron brothers are the one who quit?

yes, Then there parents is now trying to get coach Saunders fired. That is rediculas b/c they should have just let him quit and leave it at that.:redboxer: :redboxer:
cowgirl34 Wrote:yes, Then there parents is now trying to get coach Saunders fired. That is rediculas b/c they should have just let him quit and leave it at that.:redboxer: :redboxer:

yea really,its people like that ,that makes the SV a bad program because they always have something negative to say about the coach and try to get him fired. It highschool people, if you kid cant take a little big of yelling then he shouldnt play,plan as that..
God knows the parents at valley have gotten their way for to long. I'm a Valley alum and have seen it all up there. The adminstration always takes the easy way out, sports are fo rthe kids, no tthe parents living through them. If any of these young atheletes make it to the next level, what r u parents gonna do cry then. LOL this maybe funny but GROW UP!!!
Had the samething happen down the road a bit. Abingdon, which will re-join Grundy's District next Summer, brought in a former small-college coach who's from that area. Musta really got unto some kids because he was suspended for 2 mid-season games for "yelling", then was told he wouldn't be back at all. Some say his classroom actions had something to do with it, too, but the School Board was hush-hush about it, saying it was a "(?sp?) personell matter". Some have started calling it "Whine Country" down there.

A handful of parents of slackers got him ousted, while the kids who actually DO/did work hard and show up at practice lost a leader.
VHSL-helper Wrote:Had the samething happen down the road a bit. Abingdon, which will re-join Grundy's District next Summer, brought in a former small-college coach who's from that area. Musta really got unto some kids because he was suspended for 2 mid-season games for "yelling", then was told he wouldn't be back at all. Some say his classroom actions had something to do with it, too, but the School Board was hush-hush about it, saying it was a "(?sp?) personell matter". Some have started calling it "Whine Country" down there.

A handful of parents of slackers got him ousted, while the kids who actually DO/did work hard and show up at practice lost a leader.

If my senors had took there shoulderpads off on the side line and not stood and cheered there under classmen on as the Abingdon boys had done during the Richlands contest Id got in there a$$ too....Abingdon will pay for there discretion next year.....If Saunders can ever get a grip on his anger he'll go far but it has been his achilles heel to date...
I think Valley did alright this year assuming this was their 4 head coach in 3 years and having all the injuries that they have had this season.