Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Elisha Justice named new coach at June Buchanan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Elisha Justice to take over the JBS program! Wow!
Really?? Elisha is a great person and would be a great fit at JBS. Congrats and good luck to you.
That's pretty cool.
Let the recruiting begin! Knott County's run will be over after this year, so JBS will be ready to take over the 53rd district with some players coach Justice will bring in. Should be fun to watch.:Thumbs:
A great hire and a great position for him to be in! Congrats Elisha!
I don't think its a great hire. I spoke with some coaches from Valley and they all agree that Justice ain't ready to be a head coach. I watched him coach Valley this summer and he didn't look comfortable coaching. I could be wrong and hope I am but I don't see this working good for JBS.

I know I will take some heat for this post because everyone thinks if your a great person or player then you'll be a great coach.
But on a good note, I guess I can post it now.

Luka (PG) that sat out last year for Hazard is enrolled at JBS. This has nothing to do with Coach Justice tho, Luka was enrolled there 2 weeks ago.

Luka had to go to a private school but his F-1 Visa expired at Hazard in Oct. Thats the only reason he went to JBS.
What about the other two foreign exchange students at Hazard?
Great news if this is true!! Elisha will be fine, everyone has to start somewhere. Hope everything work out for him!!!
What happened to Dalton?
JBS is now my sleeper team in the 14th. :worthy:
This is awesome!
Feels like yesterday he was making news a lot for his strong play for his high school team, just goes to show you how time flies. Congratulations to Coach Justice and best wishes for a successful coaching career!
HDE Wrote:What about the other two foreign exchange students at Hazard?

JBS....I think :yikes:
only one of the foreign players went to jbs. One of them went to 22 ft academy and the other went back home. And jbs is not private per say. They get some money from the state
UK#24 Wrote:I don't think its a great hire. I spoke with some coaches from Valley and they all agree that Justice ain't ready to be a head coach. I watched him coach Valley this summer and he didn't look comfortable coaching. I could be wrong and hope I am but I don't see this working good for JBS.

I know I will take some heat for this post because everyone thinks if your a great person or player then you'll be a great coach.

You spoke to the wrong people if you spoke to the coaches, or should I say coach, there is only one still remaining. Hicks has wiped out his staff twice since taking the job. Rowe quit, he begged Napier to convince J Justice to move to football, he let Little go, and now Elijah who has only been there since April is gone. And Elijah loved Valley more than Life, so for him to leave says a whole lot. That team has been practicing since the season ended last year and even has practice during school hours. Hicks has convinced the players and the Principal that this is legal. Players are also told not to play other sports with the exception of players who played those sports before he arrived. He also actively recruits, (which that was known from Greenup). The list goes on. Most of the players are miserable but are afraid to say anything to anyone about it, or know that complaints they or their parents give to Napier are quickly told to Hicks who calls them out on it and embarrasses them, alienates them, or worse cuts their time. Its a sad situation. I asked Elijah but he would not comment on it. But IMO it is far more likely that he could no longer be apart of that program. The players he coached this summer loved him and said it was great to have a coach who really listed to them, was far, and was there for them not coaching glory. They also thought it was cool that he could work and go through drills with them. Elijah not only played for but studied under Booher and Patino who were both excellent coaches, so I have nothing but confidence that he will be more than sucessfull at JBS and run and lead a first class program there and do it in the right way.
I remember the JBS team that won region years back.
The Garrison kid was a complete monster.
So the Hazard exchange students went to JBS?
Ballers Wrote:So the Hazard exchange students went to JBS?

Only one went to JBS. One went back home and the other went somewhere else.
Justice will do a wonderful job at JBS. Basketball smart and a classy kid. When u play under and study under coaches like pitino your bound to do a great job. Good luck at JBS Mr. Justice. Welcome to the 14th.
Where does JBS fit into the 14th this year. Is their recruiting budget large enough to compete?
David School Wrote:You spoke to the wrong people if you spoke to the coaches, or should I say coach, there is only one still remaining. Hicks has wiped out his staff twice since taking the job. Rowe quit, he begged Napier to convince J Justice to move to football, he let Little go, and now Elijah who has only been there since April is gone. And Elijah loved Valley more than Life, so for him to leave says a whole lot. That team has been practicing since the season ended last year and even has practice during school hours. Hicks has convinced the players and the Principal that this is legal. Players are also told not to play other sports with the exception of players who played those sports before he arrived. He also actively recruits, (which that was known from Greenup). The list goes on. Most of the players are miserable but are afraid to say anything to anyone about it, or know that complaints they or their parents give to Napier are quickly told to Hicks who calls them out on it and embarrasses them, alienates them, or worse cuts their time. Its a sad situation. I asked Elijah but he would not comment on it. But IMO it is far more likely that he could no longer be apart of that program. The players he coached this summer loved him and said it was great to have a coach who really listed to them, was far, and was there for them not coaching glory. They also thought it was cool that he could work and go through drills with them. Elijah not only played for but studied under Booher and Patino who were both excellent coaches, so I have nothing but confidence that he will be more than sucessfull at JBS and run and lead a first class program there and do it in the right way.

None of this is true. I really wish that people would not get on here and make up lies. It just makes you sound like you have an axe to grind with Coach Hicks. I will start by saying that his players don't like him, They Love him. He is a good Christian man and yes he does work his players very hard but that is what a coach is supposed to do. I am very close to this situation. Coach Hicks did not go to Mr. Napier and try to get rid of Jonah Justice. Jonah wanted to coach football and that is that. Coach Hicks and Elisha are close friends and will always be close friends so don't try to make it into something that is not true. He encouraged Elisha to take the job. He did not want to lose him but he thought it was a good opportunity for Elisha. Coach Hicks does more things for his players than any other coach that I have ever seen or heard of. The only coach that he got rid of is Donovan Little and anyone that was around the program really understands why he got rid of him. You can ask any teacher at Shelby Valley High School about Donovan Little and all of them would give you the same response. He is the worst teacher in the building and he is very unethical.
SV Wildcat 4 Life Wrote:None of this is true. I really wish that people would not get on here and make up lies. It just makes you sound like you have an axe to grind with Coach Hicks. I will start by saying that his players don't like him, They Love him. He is a good Christian man and yes he does work his players very hard but that is what a coach is supposed to do. I am very close to this situation. Coach Hicks did not go to Mr. Napier and try to get rid of Jonah Justice. Jonah wanted to coach football and that is that. Coach Hicks and Elisha are close friends and will always be close friends so don't try to make it into something that is not true. He encouraged Elisha to take the job. He did not want to lose him but he thought it was a good opportunity for Elisha. Coach Hicks does more things for his players than any other coach that I have ever seen or heard of. The only coach that he got rid of is Donovan Little and anyone that was around the program really understands why he got rid of him. You can ask any teacher at Shelby Valley High School about Donovan Little and all of them would give you the same response. He is the worst teacher in the building and he is very unethical.

Nice try coach Hicks but it is very true. They don't love you they fear you. And sorry but it's time someone stood up and finally told the truth. Ask Braxton Tibbs how hard he was recruited. Ask the right parent and others if they were asked to keep a player in their home for a season. Come to school at 2pm and watch a practice during school hours. Ask the players what their "workouts" consisted of this summer up to now. I heard with my own ears "let him run cross country, I'll start _______ in his spot. And you should know that when you call a parent to tell them why their son can't play soccer, they don't text their friends the KHSAA edited version of what happened. So we should probably just wait until the KHSAA gets some videos, forwarded texts, and other documents this month, before telling people what is and is not true. And please stop pushing the point that you are a good christian man in every post or conversation about yourself. Christian men live it they don't tell it and they don't spend sundays fishing and telling dirty jokes and they sure don't encourage players to miss prayer meeting and sunday night service because "god understands we have work to do" or hold it against them if they put god first anyway. Elijah is a good christian man and he don't have to always be saying it for you to know it. I'm glad he got out from under your mess. And stop telling people he cancelled the game, it was mutually agreed that you all should not play.
Given time he will be a great coach.
I agree. Elisha will do a great job. He will be an extremely hard worker.
So, JBS has the two big kids from the summer and the guard from Europe, through Hazard? They only had about seven players at KBA this summer. Who else plays?
An obvious narc inspired post.
David School Wrote:You spoke to the wrong people if you spoke to the coaches, or should I say coach, there is only one still remaining. Hicks has wiped out his staff twice since taking the job. Rowe quit, he begged Napier to convince J Justice to move to football, he let Little go, and now Elijah who has only been there since April is gone. And Elijah loved Valley more than Life, so for him to leave says a whole lot. That team has been practicing since the season ended last year and even has practice during school hours. Hicks has convinced the players and the Principal that this is legal. Players are also told not to play other sports with the exception of players who played those sports before he arrived. He also actively recruits, (which that was known from Greenup). The list goes on. Most of the players are miserable but are afraid to say anything to anyone about it, or know that complaints they or their parents give to Napier are quickly told to Hicks who calls them out on it and embarrasses them, alienates them, or worse cuts their time. Its a sad situation. I asked Elijah but he would not comment on it. But IMO it is far more likely that he could no longer be apart of that program. The players he coached this summer loved him and said it was great to have a coach who really listed to them, was far, and was there for them not coaching glory. They also thought it was cool that he could work and go through drills with them. Elijah not only played for but studied under Booher and Patino who were both excellent coaches, so I have nothing but confidence that he will be more than sucessfull at JBS and run and lead a first class program there and do it in the right way.
"narc" post in response to this message.
SV Wildcat 4 Life Wrote:None of this is true. I really wish that people would not get on here and make up lies. It just makes you sound like you have an axe to grind with Coach Hicks. I will start by saying that his players don't like him, They Love him. He is a good Christian man and yes he does work his players very hard but that is what a coach is supposed to do. I am very close to this situation. Coach Hicks did not go to Mr. Napier and try to get rid of Jonah Justice. Jonah wanted to coach football and that is that. Coach Hicks and Elisha are close friends and will always be close friends so don't try to make it into something that is not true. He encouraged Elisha to take the job. He did not want to lose him but he thought it was a good opportunity for Elisha. Coach Hicks does more things for his players than any other coach that I have ever seen or heard of. The only coach that he got rid of is Donovan Little and anyone that was around the program really understands why he got rid of him. You can ask any teacher at Shelby Valley High School about Donovan Little and all of them would give you the same response. He is the worst teacher in the building and he is very unethical.
An obvious sycophant. Proof's in the puddin'. Play ball.
David School Wrote:Nice try coach Hicks but it is very true. They don't love you they fear you. And sorry but it's time someone stood up and finally told the truth. Ask Braxton Tibbs how hard he was recruited. Ask the right parent and others if they were asked to keep a player in their home for a season. Come to school at 2pm and watch a practice during school hours. Ask the players what their "workouts" consisted of this summer up to now. I heard with my own ears "let him run cross country, I'll start _______ in his spot. And you should know that when you call a parent to tell them why their son can't play soccer, they don't text their friends the KHSAA edited version of what happened. So we should probably just wait until the KHSAA gets some videos, forwarded texts, and other documents this month, before telling people what is and is not true. And please stop pushing the point that you are a good christian man in every post or conversation about yourself. Christian men live it they don't tell it and they don't spend sundays fishing and telling dirty jokes and they sure don't encourage players to miss prayer meeting and sunday night service because "god understands we have work to do" or hold it against them if they put god first anyway. Elijah is a good christian man and he don't have to always be saying it for you to know it. I'm glad he got out from under your mess. And stop telling people he cancelled the game, it was mutually agreed that you all should not play.

This is Coach Hicks. I will make one post and one post only. This post is about Elisha Justice taking the head coaching job at JBS. Me and Elisha are good friends and will always be good friends. When Elisha told me about the job I told him that I thought it would be a good opportunity for him and his wife. I am excited for him and I know that he will work extremely hard and do a good job. I hate to see him go but I did not want him to pass on a good opportunity.
I really wish that people would not get on here and bash people because it always trickles down to the kids. If you do not have anything good to say about someone then don't say anything. I am real easy to find. I am either at my house or at the gym. If you want to bash me PLEASE have enough guts to come do it face to face.
I will close by saying that JBS will be a contender in the 14 this year. Good Luck Elisha.
Pages: 1 2