Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tornadoes on the ground in Paintsville?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm in Mississippi but are there really tornadoes in Paintsville ?
I don't know about Paintsville, but I go to school here at Morehead and live on campus. And we were implied to take shelter in the basements of our dorms on 3 different occasions. Sirens were ringing and people were running around like crazy!

Hoping no one was effected if there were one to have touched down!
Spud6 Wrote:I don't know about Paintsville, but I go to school here at Morehead and live on campus. And we were implied to take shelter in the basements of our dorms on 3 different occasions. Sirens were ringing and people were running around like crazy!

Hoping no one was effected if there were one to have touched down!

"LoL" if I was there I would be one of those who were running around like crazy! This stuff scares the crap out of me!
This according to WYMT....a tornado briefly touched down just north of Paintsville last night along with another one on Liberty Road...wherever that is.

I had 5 message boxes opened on my facebook and my cell phone was busy last night keeping up with some of BGR family in the area. It was really really nasty. Poor West Liberty was slammed twice, and these super cells just kept on training over the same area.

I understand there is some minor property damage, but I haven't heard about any damage that's serious or any injuries.

I'm very thankful those that I care about in that area, managed to ride out the storms!!!
That's not good! Wasn't West Liberty the area that got hit real hard with a big tornado in 2012? I kept thinking that was an F-2, maybe an F-3 that hit it so it would have done a lot of damage. Thoughts and prayers to the people of West Liberty (if anyone from that area posts on here, I'll be praying for you!), as well as to the Paintsville area. We have quite a few Johnson Central posters on here, so I would imagine they have been impacted and will be praying for them as well. Hope everybody is okay!
The Johnson Central peeps are who I had pulled up on facebook til midnight last night!! They are okay. BlackcatFan's sister had some minor property damage, but that's all I've heard about. It was a scary scary night in that area!!!!

Two of the strongest super cells of last night went right over West Liberty. And you are correct, that entire town was all but wiped out in 2012. One of the cells that went over them had a definitive hook in the SW corner of the storm. I don't know what, if any, damage they got. I do know that they were hit with hail, 2" in diameter. They showed a picture of that last night on WYMT.

I know that there has been a lot of controversy and hard feelings between WYMT-TV and Johnson Central folks, but let me tell you, they were on the air ALL NIGHT giving watches and warnings. They did a good job, and I appreciate them.
A few EF1 Tornados were reported throughout the Commonwealth yesterday evening. Thankfully no injuries have been reported.

In NKY, Owen County sustained damage from an EF1 tornado and 75mph straight line winds damaged buildings near Maysville.

Than less than 10 hours later skies were clear and we witnessed a lunar eclipse...
People better batten down the hatches because according to the Weather Channel this stuff was just a preview of what is coming to the eastern half of the US Sun-Tue. They say that the worst for Western Kentucky will be on Monday and for Eastern Kentucky on late Monday night into Tuesday! I think I will go hide in my hole till Wednesday! :flush:
Do you have a man cave, do-double-gg??
Confusednicker: