Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Its Official...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just found out my health insurance has now gone up for the 2nd straight year. We got our plans in the mail for next year and my deductible raised from 2600 to 2800 and my weekly payments went from 15 to 18 dollars.

It is now official that I can almost get insurance cheaper by going lone wolf and doing away with my companies insurance plan. Sad part is, its anthem, which has obviously become a disgrace.

Thank you Obamacare. Before this shit stated I had a 2000 deductible and paid only 12 dollars a week. I was told because of the new laws my company was no longer allowed to reimburse me for anything as well. Meaning that 500 they use to give us when we met our deductible is no longer allowed by law.

Im going to inform my employer tomorrow that I will no longer be using health insurance. From now on when I go into a doctors office I will tell them I don't have insurance (they charge less if you do this anyway) or I will simply lie and tell them my name is Tito Martinez and I do not yet have a valid drivers license or am here legally.
Divorce your wife, both of you move to Mexico, re=enter America illegally. Mr. & Mrs. Gut will then be eligible for two tons of free stuff, including a pre-paid cell phone!!
You are bitching about 18 dollars a week? Do you realize I pay more a month, than you do in a year?
TheRealVille Wrote:You are bitching about 18 dollars a week? Do you realize I pay more a month, than you do in a year?

Why does that have anything to do with me at all?
Maybe your union should do better.
My work was doing much better before this ACA shit. The reason my insurance is even that low is because my company takes the brunt of the insurance cost.

Exactly how much do you pay a month and whats your deductible? I highly doubt you pay a 1000 dollars a month for insurance.(18x52=936) If you count my deductible im paying 4000 out of pocket per year if I go that high.
I think its absurd that somebody my age, in perfect health, who take no meds needs to have insurance that cost me 4000 a year before the insurance company will pay anything.

Oh, and when I started working for this company a decade ago, my health insurance was a PPO plan where I paid $1.63 a week, had a 20 dollar copay and paid 10% of any medical bills. It was the perfect insurance for me. This is the reason im a little pissed. My insurance has increased by almost 3000%.
Granny Bear Wrote:Divorce your wife, both of you move to Mexico, re=enter America illegally. Mr. & Mrs. Gut will then be eligible for two tons of free stuff, including a pre-paid cell phone!!

I wouldn't need to worry about insurance cost if I divorced my wife. Id have enough money to buy an insurance company Confusednicker:
Just got my notice from Anthem this week...It is going to cost me $3,000.00 per month on my employees over what it did last year...Anybody who says this stuff is working does not have the first clue other than what they hear from one of Obama's press conferences where he is lying though his "if you like the plan your on....." teeth. Try living in the real world with this stuff every single day and fight what you're up against, and then we'll see how much support you'll have for this clown, his cronies, and his policies.
And on just me personally, it is going from 1,100.00 a month to 1,400.00 a month and I have $5,000.00 deductible...

So I don't want to hear anyone bitching about what they are paying and I SURE DONT want to hear anybody tell me about how great Obama care is.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Why does that have anything to do with me at all?
Maybe your union should do better.
My work was doing much better before this ACA shit. The reason my insurance is even that low is because my company takes the brunt of the insurance cost.

Exactly how much do you pay a month and whats your deductible? I highly doubt you pay a 1000 dollars a month for insurance.(18x52=936) If you count my deductible im paying 4000 out of pocket per year if I go that high.
I think its absurd that somebody my age, in perfect health, who take no meds needs to have insurance that cost me 4000 a year before the insurance company will pay anything.

Oh, and when I started working for this company a decade ago, my health insurance was a PPO plan where I paid $1.63 a week, had a 20 dollar copay and paid 10% of any medical bills. It was the perfect insurance for me. This is the reason im a little pissed. My insurance has increased by almost 3000%.
When I'm working, I pay 6+ bucks an hour., at least 250.00/week, just for 40 hours, which I rarely work. I'm usually working overtime. When I'm not working, I pay 500.00 a month. My deductible is 350.00 a year/per person. If a family member doesn't go to the doctor, my deductible isn't contingent on their deductible, meaning if I'm the only that sees a dr that year, my 350.00 deductible is all I'm responsible for. It pays 80/20%. Anything over 10k is paid at 100%. It pays for any medical, including eyes, prescriptions.
^Plus, the more I work, the more I put into my hour bank, meaning I could be off work for up to a year, and still be covered, with no monthly payments, before the 500.00 month kicks in.
TheRealVille Wrote:When I'm working, I pay 6+ bucks an hour., at least 250.00/week, just for 40 hours, which I rarely work. I'm usually working overtime. When I'm not working, I pay 500.00 a month. My deductible is 350.00 a year/per person. If a family member doesn't go to the doctor, my deductible isn't contingent on their deductible, meaning if I'm the only that sees a dr that year, my 350.00 deductible is all I'm responsible for. It pays 80/20%. Anything over 10k is paid at 100%. It pays for any medical, including eyes, prescriptions.

With insurance that high how can you possibly be pleased with the ACA? The only people its helping are those who don't work.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:With insurance that high how can you possibly be pleased with the ACA? The only people its helping are those who don't work.
It has nothing to do with the ACA. We are self insured. The younger people pay the brunt of it, and the favor gets returned as they get to be the older ones. The cost is factored into my total package. It's paid for in the benefits part of my package. I still take home 30 bucks an hour, but as a package, my company probably pays me closer to 45-50 bucks an hour.
Bob Seger Wrote:Just got my notice from Anthem this week...It is going to cost me $3,000.00 per month on my employees over what it did last year...Anybody who says this stuff is working does not have the first clue other than what they hear from one of Obama's press conferences where he is lying though his "if you like the plan your on....." teeth. Try living in the real world with this stuff every single day and fight what you're up against, and then we'll see how much support you'll have for this clown, his cronies, and his policies.

Bob Seger Wrote:And on just me personally, it is going from 1,100.00 a month to 1,400.00 a month and I have $5,000.00 deductible...

So I don't want to hear anyone bitching about what they are paying and I SURE DONT want to hear anybody tell me about how great Obama care is.

This is only the beginning of sorrows. The liberal ideologues who wrote the law in the first place are still at it, adding page after page of new regulations. ObamaCare is a monster that will choke the life out of our free system of enterprise, which was once the apple of the world's eye. Nobody can afford it and the more it's fully implemented the more those who have been supporting the darn thing will have to hang their heads.
TheRealVille Wrote:It has nothing to do with the ACA. We are self insured. The younger people pay the brunt of it, and the favor gets returned as they get to be the older ones. The cost is factored into my total package. It's paid for in the benefits part of my package. I still take home 30 bucks an hour, but as a package, my company probably pays me closer to 45-50 bucks an hour.

Would you not be more benefited by buying your own personal insurance?
If you factor in what my company pays, my pay probably goes up to around 30. Democrat or Republican, it doesn't matter. Insurance prices are ridiculous. There is no way we should pay this much for health insurance.