Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Damien Harris at UK?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does the big UK win over South Carolina last night, have Damien Harris leaning toward coming to Lexington to play?
I hope so. Last nights game had to help the cause.
If Harris tore his ACL, he will have to commit very soon or schools will start pulling offers..
Don't be surprise that Damien commits this week...
I have said all along Harris will be in Lexington next fall. Writ it down.
Harris is a special talent. However, don't be surprised if be doesnt get but a few carries a game next year. UK has one of the best RB corps in the nation. Kemp, Williams, Clemons, and Heard could start in most programs around the country. Harris will the that dude in time. I just hope fans around the country are educated and realize that with everything, there must be a process.
with last night's win four star cornerback Jordan Griffin committed to Kentucky. I expect others to follow,especially if Kentucky can pick up another big win like this to take them up a notch.
Pantherfan59 Wrote:Harris is a special talent. However, don't be surprised if be doesnt get but a few carries a game next year. UK has one of the best RB corps in the nation. Kemp, Williams, Clemons, and Heard could start in most programs around the country. Harris will the that dude in time. I just hope fans around the country are educated and realize that with everything, there must be a process.

RB corps got even more strong last night with the Dowell twins committing.
Pantherfan59 Wrote:Harris is a special talent. However, don't be surprised if be doesnt get but a few carries a game next year. UK has one of the best RB corps in the nation. Kemp, Williams, Clemons, and Heard could start in most programs around the country. Harris will the that dude in time. I just hope fans around the country are educated and realize that with everything, there must be a process.

Don't forget Horton he really moved the chains lastnight.
The day of one back getting 25 carries game in and game out is over. Most good teams divide their carries up. They also throw it to multiple people. Harris is special but he won't be the only guy getting touches.
UK1fan Wrote:Don't forget Horton he really moved the chains lastnight.
IMO Horton is slow reacting and doesn't run north and south consistently. While JoJo Kemp was gaining yards in big chunks last night Horton was struggling to gain much of anything.
I think he lands at commonwealth. With good recovery/rehab, imo he could be a great 3rd down back as a freshman. UK is on the rise. Imo, in the next 2 years, if not this year, we could see ourselves in a major bowl game.
Did Damien actually tear his ACL? I heard he was gonna be back in the next game.
Strikeout King Wrote:Did Damien actually tear his ACL? I heard he was gonna be back in the next game.

I haven't heard about an ACL. I heard he had ice on his knee and would probably play next game,but I don't know.maybe a Southern fan will let us know Smile
E's Army Wrote:The day of one back getting 25 carries game in and game out is over. Most good teams divide their carries up. They also throw it to multiple people. Harris is special but he won't be the only guy getting touches.

I like the ideal of using more than one,keeps them fresh(doing it here at Arkansas State)..go Cats
Man, that is an awesome group of backs to have if he signs with UK! We would have a back in at all times that could potentially break off a big run and it has been a very long time since UK has had that kind of depth.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I think he lands at commonwealth. With good recovery/rehab, imo he could be a great 3rd down back as a freshman. UK is on the rise. Imo, in the next 2 years, if not this year, we could see ourselves in a major bowl game.

You are 100% correct Scotty! We are an eyelash of being 5-0, 3-0 in the SEC, with wins over South Carolina and at Florida, if not for a terrible no call in the swamp. Those are the kind of records and starts to seasons that rightfully have fans talking about big bowl games, like you mentioned earlier sir. However, 4-1 is pretty nice too.

:worthy:
The Dowell twins are expected to be DBs.
FBALL Wrote:The Dowell twins are expected to be DBs.

one is currently safety and wide receiver and the other is running back in high school? they have the build to be good players,but do they have the speed?
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I think he lands at commonwealth. With good recovery/rehab, imo he could be a great 3rd down back as a freshman. UK is on the rise. Imo, in the next 2 years, if not this year, we could see ourselves in a major bowl game.

I don't get the rehab thing. have you heard an injury report on him?
That was more of a what if of situation. I haven't heard anything positive or negative on an actual tear.
Like I posted before the season started....

If Mr. Harris wants to come to UK, he will.
If he wants to go somewhere else, he will.... and there's nothing Stoops, Matt Jones, Lorenzen, Neal Brown or anybody can do about it.

Let Mr. Harris enjoy the recruiting experience.... let him be a home-town hero.

I was right beside him this past Saturday at the Catwalk...... I don't know his family, but he had about six people with him. The crowd was chanting his name.... DA-MIEN... HAR-RIS... DA-MIEN... HA-RRIS...

I think there is a good shot he comes to UK for a couple reasons....
- He will be close to home. You don't come on a recruiting visit with your family if you don't want them to be at all you your home games.
- He can start as a true freshman. Say what you will, and yes... I know UK has a stable of RB's. But I think he will get the chance to be a starter as a freshman.
- He will be playing in the SEC.
He will, be at UK count on it, if he doesn.t want to come because of completion then we probably don't need him.
The biggest thing about Damenion right now is, we need Kentucky talent to stay home. Ky boys coming to UK means more to HS football than anything you can imagine.
If Harris were at UK now, Imo he would be the number 2 RB behind Heard, but still getting plenty of carries
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:That was more of a what if of situation. I haven't heard anything positive or negative on an actual tear.

I thought we might hear an update on him by now
I did too. I like that he has stayed low profile through all the hype. Kid has massive tallent but seems to have the head on his shoulders to match.
The big game is Friday. I think if the #1 running back in the country tore his ACL, we would have heard something by now. They're trying to keep Pulaski County guessing. I think he will be ready to go Friday! I don't think it will matter. I got PC by 14.
adopted purple Wrote:The big game is Friday. I think if the #1 running back in the country tore his ACL, we would have heard something by now. They're trying to keep Pulaski County guessing. I think he will be ready to go Friday! I don't think it will matter. I got PC by 14.

I was told that if ESPN wasn't coming that Damien would not play at all. His ACL is not torn but he is pretty sore. This may piss some Pulaski Co. folks off, but the only reason ESPN is coming is because of Damien and that is all. If he didn't play there would be NO PUB for this game at all. I spoke with Tommy Luiginbill Sunday and he said ESPN was concerned.
FarristownFlyer Wrote:I was told that if ESPN wasn't coming that Damien would not play at all. His ACL is not torn but he is pretty sore. This may piss some Pulaski Co. folks off, but the only reason ESPN is coming is because of Damien and that is all. If he didn't play there would be NO PUB for this game at all. I spoke with Tommy Luiginbill Sunday and he said ESPN was concerned.
true but.. In order for that to happen Pulaski had to give up a home game so it's a raw deal for PC fans if that game is not televised
FarristownFlyer Wrote:I was told that if ESPN wasn't coming that Damien would not play at all. His ACL is not torn but he is pretty sore. This may piss some Pulaski Co. folks off, but the only reason ESPN is coming is because of Damien and that is all. If he didn't play there would be NO PUB for this game at all. I spoke with Tommy Luiginbill Sunday and he said ESPN was concerned.

Yes and No.

Totally agree this all 100% comes down to Damien Harris.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Madison Southern's program or prowess.

ESPN also has no interest in featuring Pulaski County.

BUT... the reason they chose this game is it appeared Pulaski County was the best competition and most meaningful game to choose from on Madison Southern's schedule. If ESPN is going to broadcast a game they are hoping it is one that is competitive and has starters playing for all 4 Quarters.
Pages: 1 2