Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Christopher Columbus FL/Highlands Predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who do you think wins and why?
I think it will be a long night for Highlands.
Let's go KENTUCKY!!!
UK1fan Wrote:I think it will be a long night for Highlands.

Think you might be right, a lot of Highlands fans are pounding their chests a little too much after the Cov Cath win. That was a very bad team they thumped and I am still not sure how good Highlands is. Still see some weakness on this team and not ready to crown them Champs yet.
Is this game on tv?
Hard to predict this games when you have teams coming from so far away. Last years game against a Florida team proves that; they were predicted to be a great team and hand HHS a loss only for it to be a very lopsided win for the birds. I have a feeling this team this year will be better than UC was, but think the hype might be a little too much again. I will say it is fun playing these teams because you get to see some new faces and just do not know what to expect.

After seeing some (very little) film of the team, I like HHS chances if they come out to play from the start and have limited TO's and penalties.
Just be careful... History suggests Christopher Columbus may show up to play this game in West Indiana

(insert rimshot)
I know nothing about the Florida team to make a prediction on the outcome. I am pulling for Highlands to make a statement win.

Represent Kentucky young men.
Highlands will win this game/
Is this the same Christopher Columbus High from Miami that's ranked 4th in in Florida's Class 8A? If so, WOW!!!!
Bloody Harlan Wrote:Is this the same Christopher Columbus High from Miami that's ranked 4th in in Florida's Class 8A? If so, WOW!!!!

The poll I saw had them ranked 6th or 7th in Class 8A. Yes it is the CC from Miami.
Columbus was ranked #5 in 8A and #15 overall before Central High School blew them out. However, Central high school has been neck and neck with Booker T. Washington high school in the national polls. A couple polls had Booker T. as the best team in the nation earlier in the season and Central's was right behind them. Their both top 5 in the nation in most all the polls. Central's only loss was to Booker T. 21-20, and Central is the only team that has beaten Columbus. I think after the loss to Central it knocked Columbus down to #8 in 8A, but being ranked in the top 20 in the state of florida is a pretty big deal. Highlands will have their hands full. I hope they can send them back him with a loss?
My 2nd cousin is the coach at CCHS. Chris always has his teams ready to play but is usually the 2nd-3rd best team that Miami has. It is Miami's comparison to Louisville's Trinity. Both are catholic schools....
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:My 2nd cousin is the coach at CCHS. Chris always has his teams ready to play but is usually the 2nd-3rd best team that Miami has. It is Miami's comparison to Louisville's Trinity. Both are catholic schools....

So come on, where is the inside scoop about what the team is like this year. Are they going to be the real deal or over blown expectations like last years FL. team? Are you coming to the game?
Has about 1400-1500 students...It's known for a baseball school. Usually has one of the top baseball teams in America. It's the only private school in 8A. Alonzo Highsmith went there, Brian Griese, Mike Shula and Cristobal (Bama's O-Line coach) all played there. There were a few more that he told me but I can't remember them right off.
Their weight room is D1 status.. It was overwhelming....
They were young last year...Seems like they had a winning record though. I know they got beat first round of the playoffs. Of course their schedule isn't your typical Kentucky schedule. Teams in South Florida is a talent pool for NFL players.
I'm impressed with the rep that this CCHS has and some of the names you dropped on here. I'm a Kentucky homer though and you won't see me write this very often on here. Go Birds! Good luck to Highlands.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Their weight room is D1 status.. It was overwhelming....

saw a picture of it, it is sweet!
Good luck to the Birds, go Kentucky.
UK1fan Wrote:I think it will be a long night for Highlands.

How about a long afternoon? Can someone confirm the game is at Highlands and starts at 1:00 pm EST and also post a webcast link if one is available?
Many thanks. I'm going with the Birds 35-28.

MaxPreps has Highlands ranked at 202 and CC AT 240 nationally.
The schedule on Highlands-bluebirds.com and the high school's website both list a 1 PM Eastern start time for the game.

Audio webcast would be here:

http://www.ihigh.com/highlands/

No video webcast.
FTH at home. Florida team probably freezing to death in this weather.
Tied up at 7 right now.
FSU WR Jesus Wilson is CC grad!