Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mason County @ Russell 10/10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts/Predictions
This one should be for the District Championship.:rockon: Although we can't afford to overlook anyone.
I think Russell takes this one in defensive battle.
Big game for the Devils at the Hank. Russell has to take better care of the football if they hope to take back the district title. The royals seem to be a little down this year but they will be no slouches when they come to Flatwoods next Friday. Dave Buchannon is a great coach and always has the royals ready to play especially against Russell. This is not the Russell though of the last 5 years. The offense, aside from the turnovers, seems to be gaining continuity and a better understanding of coach Maynard's offense. Defense seems to be making strides each week to especially against the pass.

Prediction: The new look Red Devils get a statement win and reclaim the district title for the first time in 7 years. The fans in Flatwoods have been waiting a long time for a statement victory saying that Russell is on it's way back. But it won't be easy Mason gives the Devils all they want.

Devils: 28

Royals: 24
Should be close. Think Mason may take the W though 30-21.
Russel is beginning to gel. They win by 7
Russell 35

Mason County 21
Going with the Devils & Coach Maynard at home in a slight upset.
Going with Russell in 2 OT. 38-36
Does anyone know if Timmy Hammond will play Friday or how bad his injury was?
Timmy Hammond has a torn Mcl will miss the rest of the regular season this was what I was told by his Dad
Unsure of how serious it is but have heard Daniel Mell will be filling in his spot. Mell isn't as big or strong but gives his all. I have all the confidence in Daniel.
Coach Maynard has got the Devils playing better every week.
brk5 Wrote:Timmy Hammond has a torn Mcl will miss the rest of the regular season this was what I was told by his Dad

Feel bad for him if this is true.He didn't get to play much last year for some reason. Sad for a kid to end his playing days with an injury.
That's awful to hear Timmy is a great kid and his father Tim is a really good guy hate to hear it cause these kids have worked so hard. The good thing for the Devils is Mell is about as good a backup as they come. Mell may not be as big or strong but there will be no drop off in physicality or heart. Mell has had trouble at times grasping the new system but the kid is decent size n will stick his nose in there and is not lacking when it comes to effort as well. He comes from a good lineage his older brother Drew was three year starter for Ivan, and captain on that 2005 team that won it all, along with being an all-state performer that year.