Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rate the 16th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
who is everyones to 5 teams in the 16th region

Russell

Elliott

Rose Hill

Ashland

Morgan and Fairview Tied

This Looks about right to me any one of these teams could be cutting down the nets in morehead with the right amount of luck what is everyone elses opinions
1. Russell

2-5 Everyone else
I think Rose Hill may be rated too high "pre-season" considering their season last year. Going 14-13 and losing first round of districts. I know Morgan County got beat first round, but they went 22-4. They diserve being "pre-season" Top-5. But that's just my opinion on pre-season. I think you should rate teams by their success the season before. Then they'll determine how they should fall in the rankings by seasons end. But that's just me!
I think Russell will win it also
Russell was an embarassement to the 16th Region last year. The went into the tournament 18-13, and scored a whopping 27 points against Graves County.

I believe the region will look like this:

1. Elliott County
2. Russell
3. Rose Hill
Russell was an embarassement to the 16th Region last year. The went into the tournament 18-13, and scored a whopping 27 points against Graves County.

1. Elliott County
2. Russell
3. Rose Hill
1 Russell

2 Elliott

3 Ashland
airball3 Wrote:Russell was an embarassement to the 16th Region last year. The went into the tournament 18-13, and scored a whopping 27 points against Graves County.

1. Elliott County
2. Russell
3. Rose Hill

And who was your team I doubt your team would have done any better.:redboxer: Graves County did beat some good teams in their run they were not as bad of a team as you make them sound. I believe them beating a good South Laurel team speaks for that.
SEHUNT00 Wrote:I think Rose Hill may be rated too high "pre-season" considering their season last year. Going 14-13 and losing first round of districts. I know Morgan County got beat first round, but they went 22-4. They diserve being "pre-season" Top-5. But that's just my opinion on pre-season. I think you should rate teams by their success the season before. Then they'll determine how they should fall in the rankings by seasons end. But that's just me!

That may be a good approach, but these aren't all the same teams coming back. Morgan lost some key players, Ashland should be better and Rose Hill is young but big and talented. Of course the season will sort it out, it always does.
IMO the preseason top 5 should be:

1 - Russell
2 - Morgan
3 - Rose Hill
4 - Elliott
5 - Ashland

That is just MO based on the teams' performance of last year, their coaches, what they lost and what they might have gained. We'll see how it goes.
1.(Tie)Russell & Ashland
3.Elliott County
4.Rose Hill
5.Rowan County(Just because they have Matt Daniel back, I like his game)
Moe Wrote:1.(Tie)Russell & Ashland
3.Elliott County
4.Rose Hill
5.Rowan County(Just because they have Matt Daniel back, I like his game)
How can you rank Ashland ahead of Elliot County when they beat you last year and you lost a lot more than they did? Seems to me you have to Rank Elliot higher than Ashland until you beat them
Let's see how good Elliott is without Weddington's rebounding.
Russell is going to be beast this year. They lost nothing to gradation plus they got a new kid who will make a nice addition to the Vanhoose, Blair, and Gill collection.
airball3 Wrote:Russell was an embarassement to the 16th Region last year. The went into the tournament 18-13, and scored a whopping 27 points against Graves County.

1. Elliott County
2. Russell
3. Rose Hill

If Russell Was a embarrasment what does that say about all the teams in the region that didnt go to RUPP!!!!!!!!!!