Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Madison Southern Vs Southwestern @ the Res
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Southwestern dodged a bullet against NL, can they keep from getting run over by the Damien Harris Train? SL/MS game gives them some hope it want turn into a loooong night for the Warriors...:yikes:
Southwestern in an upset 27-21
Good win against NL, may be able to upset MS. Trap game for MS?
This is a trap game...I'll say Southern squeaks by in this one.
36 to 30...the thing nobody is talking about is that Southern had a good lead on South Laurel and the Southern starts throwing the ball and getting cute. DUMB move and about got them beat. They should have handed the ball off to others if they were worried about Damien carrying to much...run the damn clock out and win. Quit trying to be cute, if you keep doing that SW will have a chance to win the game. One other note and not sure if he heard it, but a group of State Police officers who played at Southern could be heard yelling at Southern's staff saying "run the damn clock." Next thing you know South Laurel took the lead. Do that again and SW will win.
There's no reason southwestern shouldnt be able to score on Mad South. Stopping Mad South, however, will be a tall task.
Southwestern has a really good shot at this one. SL showed that MS can be beat and how to go about it to some extent. If MS coaches run Harris and nothing else southwestern will win this game. SW is by far the best team that MS has played this year. No team is going to completely shut Harris down.

IMO I just think southwesterns defense will find a way to pull this one out. I wouldn't call it an upset either. IMO southwestern has just as good of a team.
Southwestern is not bad at all. Huge up front, good athletes on the outside.
Southerns defense is terrible plus harris hardly touches the ball. Have college coaches talked to their coaching staff about limiting Damien's touches?
Lesson learned last friday for Mad South. They wont slip in this one. Mad South 38- 20 . SW a team on the rise.
Southwestern
Southwestern will make this a good game but will fall a little short. MS- 40-32
Still too much Damien Harris.

Entertaining game.. one I think that Southwestern can win... but in the end Harris does his thing again.

Madison Southern 40
Southwestern 34
Hard to bet against Harris. Hope he becomes a UK Wildcat. 42-27 M.Southern.
panther nation Wrote:Southwestern has a really good shot at this one. SL showed that MS can be beat and how to go about it to some extent. If MS coaches run Harris and nothing else southwestern will win this game. SW is by far the best team that MS has played this year. No team is going to completely shut Harris down.

IMO I just think southwesterns defense will find a way to pull this one out. I wouldn't call it an upset either. IMO southwestern has just as good of a team.

I agree. take Harris away from Southern and Southwestern has the better team.
Should be a great game, I'll give the edge to Madison Southern.

Madison Southern - 41

Southwestern - 27
SW will make a game of it, but in the end they can't score with MS. 34-28 Mad. Southern.
Just play ball and quit getting cute. I've seen every game this year and Southern let Dunbar make a comeback, and about got beat to South Laurel. They get a lead and start throwing the ball.
Mad Southern BIG
Mad. South 45 SW 19. Harris 5 Tds
30-24 Madison Southern.
SW by 3
Darin Phillips from East Carter is completly underrated and he might round up more yards than Damien Harris.

[Image: oaklandraiders.jpg]
Give Harris the ball and block. Should be an easy scheme. MS should squeak by in this one. They are much better defending the run than pass. SL and Whitley gave them fits throwing the ball.
This game last year was the worst loss Southwestern had. Their entire offensive output was basically Harris putting up close to 300 yards rushing. However, I think the difference in southwestern this year is remarkable. I think Harris still gets 200+ against them but SW pulls it out
This will be one of the better games of the week..... to close to call
How big of a factor will this weather be on the game tonight?
Football1987 Wrote:Darin Phillips from East Carter is completly underrated and he might round up more yards than Damien Harris.

[Image: oaklandraiders.jpg]

Your right about Darin he is a total powerhouse and brings the pain. He might not be as fast as Damien but he makes up for that with his strength.
Harris will be the difference as he is in most games 250 plus and 5 touchdowns........southern wins a close one