Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Why won't the local schools schedule the Union Raiders 7th and 8th grade teams?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We've been getting ducked like a 40 year old boxing champ trying to hold on to his belt. Can't get a local game to save our lives. Why?
Call Coach Jon Fletcher at Hazard. He dodges nobody. He'd be playing an high school schedule if he could.
warmachine Wrote:Call Coach Jon Fletcher at Hazard. He dodges nobody. He'd be playing an high school schedule if he could.

Only a four our distance there, lol.
Middle School coaches are notorious for only playing people that they think they can beat. Which leaves a select few teams to play each other because they cant find anyone else.
johnnyd Wrote:Middle School coaches are notorious for only playing people that they think they can beat. Which leaves a select few teams to play each other because they cant find anyone else.

Its not a coaches issue, its a league issue. Why would you want to play anybody from the NKY League. I know so that you guys have less travel, but there is no competition for you guys from anyone in that league.
plantmanky Wrote:Only a four hour distance there, lol.

sounds like a region 4 playoff game
SuperFan Wrote:sounds like a region 4 playoff game

Fair enough, I walked into that one.
I can't believe that there is no competition in NKY. What's that say about our area? Hopefully we can get some games in ohio next year. closer than cambellsville. and pulaski, corbin.
Fear the Nation Wrote:I can't believe that there is no competition in NKY. What's that say about our area? Hopefully we can get some games in ohio next year. closer than cambellsville. and pulaski, corbin.

Considering that the NKY area still plays pee wee ball with weight limits, only allowed to run one defense, no blitzing or stunting, what could you learn by playing them.

Would be nice if you guys could get a game with Cov Cath again though.
What's unions record this year for both teams?
8th is 5-2 & 7th is 6-1
I've heard a lot of county teams will only have those 7 games in by the win/loss turn in date on the 25th, did most county schools get started late? I know your suppose to have played 8 games minimum for playoff consideration.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:I've heard a lot of county teams will only have those 7 games in by the win/loss turn in date on the 25th, did most county schools get started late? I know your suppose to have played 8 games minimum for playoff consideration.

Wayne would be in that boat if we didn't play on the 25th. We had a weather cancellation that took one of our games and then we play one game after the 25th.
The NKMSAA has about 18 teams that are all closer probably than your closest away game (you played a couple in the pre-season Battle AT The Summit), but as plantmanky has said they play by pee wee rules like 165 lb. running back limits, and a bunch of other defense/offense ristrictions. That being said I still don't understand why you can't find a practice game with any of these schools or maybe a game for your 7th grade in the NKYFL
Tichenor Middle School played the Union Raiders 8th grade at battle of the summit.Beat them two scores to zero.Ten play ten play fromat.Tichenor would love to play them in a real game.