Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: North Laurel Vs Southwestern at the RES 9/26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
3-1 Jags vs 3-2 Warriors. Warriors looking to skin the Jags to move to 4 wins on the season. Who gets their 4th win first?:redboxer:
This game is on the 26th, title says 27th. I'll take SW at home 27-13.
true, maybe get a mod to change the date.
North is the underdog in this one, however, I like our chances with a good defensive effort!

NORTH is on the RISE
North Laurel 17
Southwestern 14

One of my homer pick....just saying. :Cheerlead
Gimme NL

20-13
North Laurel keeps getting better and better, Coach Black good luck to you.
Jags 27 SW 26
Southwestern by 7
I hope the latest in a long line of coaching distractions doesn't hurt the SW player. They have worked too hard for that.
jim rome Wrote:I hope the latest in a long line of coaching distractions doesn't hurt the SW player. They have worked too hard for that.

do tell
Actually looking forward to how this one plays out. Should be a dandy.

This is an important game. You don't want to be the 4 seed out of this district.

I am thinking
Southwestern 28
North Laurel 20
Southwestern 28-6
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Actually looking forward to how this one plays out. Should be a dandy.

This is an important game. You don't want to be the 4 seed out of this district.

I am thinking
Southwestern 28
North Laurel 20

Playing Damien Harris instead of Riley Hall won't make much difference lol
pjdoug Wrote:Playing Damien Harris instead of Riley Hall won't make much difference lol

Riley Hall has better team mates.
jim rome Wrote:I hope the latest in a long line of coaching distractions doesn't hurt the SW player. They have worked too hard for that.
If you're going where I think you're going with this I suggest you let all the facts play out before you run your mouth on a football board. Keep it about football
Truth_Hurts Wrote:If you're going where I think you're going with this I suggest you let all the facts play out before you run your mouth on a football board. Keep it about football

I agree totally. It's been several years now since their former head coach stepped down and any recent arrests/allegations will be resolved in due course. Most current SW players didn't even play for the guy, anyway.

I like the Warriors in a surprisingly easy game:

SWHS - 34

NLHS - 13
The commonwealth journal was sure not letting the facts play out. I didn't know the guy was a coach at SWPC.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Actually looking forward to how this one plays out. Should be a dandy.

I am thinking
Southwestern 28
North Laurel 20

The four seed wont matter.
Im not sure why Pulaski and Madison Southern were brought up, there in the same district as these two, and if you got the four seed, you wouldn't see Pulaski again until the region final.

The four seed will have to face the one seed out of district 8 which is Harlan County, Whitley, Perry, and Letcher.

I wouldn't be surprised if district 7 swept district 8 this year.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Riley Hall has better team mates.

he does but 3 or 4 wont make much difference was my point.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The four seed wont matter.
Im not sure why Pulaski and Madison Southern were brought up, there in the same district as these two, and if you got the four seed, you wouldn't see Pulaski again until the region final.

The four seed will have to face the one seed out of district 8 which is Harlan County, Whitley, Perry, and Letcher.

I wouldn't be surprised if district 7 swept district 8 this year.

I'm not sure why they were brought up either. I guess I forgot 7 plays 8 Confusednicker:. a swwep wouldn't surprise me either.this is a terrible year for 8
Truth_Hurts Wrote:If you're going where I think you're going with this I suggest you let all the facts play out before you run your mouth on a football board. Keep it about football
Here is a fact for you..N.Laurel wins this game by a couple of scores.
jim rome Wrote:Here is a fact for you..N.Laurel wins this game by a couple of scores.

Weren't you the poster who said Wayne County would win by "a bunch of points" last week as well?
Southwestern
North is a lot better than I ever dreamed they would be this year, but I would still favor Southwestern at home in a close one. The Warriors were much better than their record a year ago, getting a good football man like French has really solidified them. And to me getting the three seed does matter to some degree, because even though Harlan Co. is way down, I think they will still win that district, and do you really want to go there for your opener? But it really only matters for the first week, because unless Harris gets injured somewhere along the line, it's basically a guarantee that it will be PC and Southern in the regional title game.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Weren't you the poster who said Wayne County would win by "a bunch of points" last week as well?
Werent you the poster who thought Belfry would walk over Pikeville? I think we both were a little biased last week.
jim rome Wrote:Here is a fact for you..N.Laurel wins this game by a couple of scores.

Sounds like you are trying to make poster board material for swpc.
Gitback Coach Wrote:I agree totally. It's been several years now since their former head coach stepped down and any recent arrests/allegations will be resolved in due course. Most current SW players didn't even play for the guy, anyway.

I like the Warriors in a surprisingly easy game:

SWHS - 34

NLHS - 13

I think they were talking about the arrest this week of a star player's parent, not the former head coach.
Walt Longmire Wrote:I think they were talking about the arrest this week of a star player's parent, not the former head coach.

Thank you for clarifying. Didn't this coach also have 2 DUI's on record when they hired him? I just don't understand the hiring process anymore. Look at PC basketball, the 2 kids from New Mexico had a dad that was going to be an assistant coach and was not allowed because of a background check. So using this logic some schools in the county system have to background check coaches some don't or what is the rule? I know DUI's stay on your record for a while, so was this just overlooked or swept under the rug.
That's a different coach. This one was a coach at Somerset last year, before coming to SW this year.
Pages: 1 2