Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The Al Jazeera America at the Harlan County vs. Johnson Central football game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On 9/19 at the Harlan County vs. Johnson Central football game.... there was a camera crew from Al Jazeera America.

This was mentioned in the JC vs. HC football thread. But I think this deserves it's own thread in this forum.

No matter what there actual purpose was for being there..... I know they recorded the pre-game prayer and the post game prayer between the teams.

Matthew ch. 10 (KJV)
32: Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

Mark ch. 8 (KJV)
38: Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Luke ch. 9 (KJV)
26: For whosoever shall be ashamed of Me and of My words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when He shall come in His own glory, and in His Father's, and of the holy angels.

Romans ch. 1 (KJV)
16: For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Granny Bear can give us more info on the whole situation.....

But I feel the need to post these verses. Not for the camera crew in Harlan County situation.... but in our everyday lives.

Please.... TAKE A STAND!!!!!! Don't let the "fear" or "worry" of political correctness alter your eternal destination. Political correctness IS NOT GOING TO GET ONE SOUL IN TO HEAVEN!!!!! I'm sorry we live in a time where everything everybody else does seems to offend people.
They were there doing a story about coal jobs...
How can you be so sure? Why would they intrude on a football game, when they were specifically told to not attend that game?

I'm afraid this is just going to be more negativity. You see my signature??? Let me share with you the whole picture before I cropped it.
[Image: zakandaljazeer_zpsb4003446.jpg]

See, she knows how to do it without being intrusive. You should've seen her stepping OVER ball players that were kneeling to pray so that she could film them from inside a prayer circle......what does have to do with coal jobs??

I just don't get it. I'm trying really hard not to be sarcastic or rude about this myself, but this felt like an invasion.
Granny Bear Wrote:How can you be so sure? Why would they intrude on a football game, when they were specifically told to not attend that game?

I'm afraid this is just going to be more negativity. You see my signature??? Let me share with you the whole picture before I cropped it.

I just don't know why on earth everyone has to get tore up about a reporter doing their job.

WYMT films in the players huddles all the time and it's not an issue.

I think these guys are based in the Middle East and that has everyone spooked.
I could be wrong...
but I doubt it.
These guys were also at the Black Gold parade on Friday.
I don't think you are wrong, just incomplete.

It really does freak me out a little to know that a Muslim based TV crew comes to Harlan County, against the specific wishes of the school board, to film a football game. Then you get this woman who strolls between the band and their director with the camera very close to their faces, while they are playing the National Anthem. Then she films very close like that during opening prayer and during the prayer circle.

In all my years of going to ballgames, I have NEVER seen WYMT do that. And besides WYMT is our local TV company!

So yes, the fact that they are based in the Middle East as you put it, does freak me out a little, but that's not the entire story.
If Al Jazeera was named FOX News...

We wouldn't be having this conversation.
I admit that I wouldn't be as freaked out initially, but I doubt seriously that Fox would be that brazen and intrusive. Also, Fox news isn't Muslim based, so you're basically comparing apples to oranges.

You side stepped my questions/comments regarding the negative exposure we have received in the past. Donning a media pass doesn't give you carta blanche as much as you seem to support them.

I can understand the parade; I don't understand the game.
I personally couldn't imagine what it's like to live in fear from things that are different all the time. Must be exhausting.
Granny Bear Wrote:How can you be so sure? Why would they intrude on a football game, when they were specifically told to not attend that game?

Why were they told not to attend the game? They have just as much right to be there as anyone.
Granny Bear Wrote:I admit that I wouldn't be as freaked out initially, but I doubt seriously that Fox would be that brazen and intrusive. Also, Fox news isn't Muslim based, so you're basically comparing apples to oranges.

You side stepped my questions/comments regarding the negative exposure we have received in the past. Donning a media pass doesn't give you carta blanche as much as you seem to support them.

I can understand the parade; I don't understand the game.

I side-step nothing.

#1) Al Jazeera is NOT "muslim-based" - whatever that means.
They are a news organization. They report NEWS. Go to the Al Jazeera America website and read the stories. It isn't muslim propaganda. It's NEWS.

#2) We have definitely received negative exposure in the past from major networks, but it's because poverty and unemployment are a bigger issue here than they are in other places. If someone comes down here and does a story about it - I would pray that they go to Coal Miner's Stadium to see everyone out and about and film kids praying and playing the Star-Spangled Banner.

This is purely people getting freaked out because these guys are based out of the Middle East. They are not muslim-based - they simply started in the Middle East and now have another entity in the United States.
Read this story and tell me how "muslim-based" you think these guys are.

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/20...rikes.html
I've read all of your links and many more. That's basically all I did for the entire weekend. I will never change your mind and you will never change mine.

I didn't start this thread but I am now finished with it.
http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/20...ights.html

The story shot at this game has now been published.
^I had no idea that Harlan County had lost that many players from last years team to this one. Can you confirm that Granny?
Spud6 Wrote:^I had no idea that Harlan County had lost that many players from last years team to this one. Can you confirm that Granny?

They've obviously lost a lot. It's evident looking at the sidelines and seeing them compete.

However, I find it hard to believe 20 kids aren't there because of parents moving for work.

It's not out of the realm of possibility though. Especially with all of these job fairs around here with only jobs that require relocation.

After reading the story this morning it is about the coal industry decline and effects on the community. No religuous agenda from what I read.
zaga_fan Wrote:If Al Jazeera was named FOX News...

We wouldn't be having this conversation.
If Al Jazeera was named FOX News, we would not be wondering about their motive. Muslims want the freedom to practice their religion in American public schools but they don't want Christians, Jews, or members of other religions to be able to do the same.
^ C'mon now...
You of all people should know better than to say crap like that.
zaga_fan Wrote:^ C'mon now...
You of all people should know better than to say crap like that.
The truth is not allowed here?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The truth is not allowed here?

Al Jazeera is not muslim slanted.
zaga_fan Wrote:Al Jazeera is not muslim slanted.
That is a matter of opinion. IMO, Al Jazeera is very biased toward Islam. Like CAIR, they are on a mission to make Islam appear tolerant, but they are not fooling me.