Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top Ten 1a games of the week ending 09-27-14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I had to dig a little deeper this week to put together a good list for you all. We are starting to get into the district play area for most teams and the games will start to become more lopsided during the next few weeks. This still appears to be a pretty good list of 1a games and I hope you all enjoy.

1) #8 Raceland 1a @ #8 Lawrence Co 3a
Just by the title in this one, it looks to be a great game. Raceland enters this game with an impressive 4-1 record and a Lit rating of 96.5. The Rams average a game score of 41-19 this season. They will be in unfriendly territory this week though. Lawrence Co comes in with an unblemished record at 5-0, with a Lit rating of 85.6. They average a game score of 44-23 this year. This should be a great game.

2) Bethlehem 1a @ #11 Campbellsville 1a
This game here could do a lot to shake up the bottom half of the top ten in 1a. This because the winner will be on the verge of making an entry into the top ten. Bethlehem comes into this one with an impressive 3-1 record and a Lit rating of 73.5. They average a score of 39-17 per game this year. Campbellsville has opened a lot of eyes this year in 1a. They come in with a record of 2-2 and a Lit rating of 85.2. They average a score of 26-23 this year. This too should be a great game.

3) #3 Pikeville 1a @ #8 Middlesboro 2a
The title alone should tell you this will be a key game this week as well. The Panthers appear to be a clear favorite but are traveling in this one. The Panthers come in off what is easily their most impressive win in years. They come in unblemished at 5-0 with a Lit rating of 112.6. They average a score of 47-23 per game. The Yellow Jackets are no slouch either and may have a lot to say about this. They too come in with an unblemished record at 3-0-1 and a Lit rating of 95.5. The Jackets average a game score of 29-8 this year.

4) Franklin-Simpson 4a @ #4 Russellville 1a
This too should be a great game between two successful programs. Franklin-Simpson comes in with an impressive record of 3-1 and a Lit rating of 100.1. They average a game score of 30-20 this year. Russellville appears to the eye to be a very athletic group that lacks discipline. They come in unblemished at 5-0 on the year with a Lit rating of 89.5. They average a game score of 40-14 this season, but will be playing without #7 this week, due to being ejected Saturday.

5) Berea 1a @ Ludlow 1a
This looks to be a very good game as well between two teams on a very similar path this year. Berea comes in with a record of 3-2 on the year and a Lit rating of 40.0. They average a game score of 22-27. Ludlow comes in at 3-2 as well and has a Lit rating of 44.7. They average a game score of 23-22. This will be a good one to watch.

6) Lex Christian Acad 2a @ #5 Frankfort 1a
This appears to be another great game between two sound programs with a similar start to their seasons. LCA comes into this one at 3-1 with a Lit rating of 86.7. The Eagles average a game score of 32-21. Frankfort also comes in at 3-1 on the year with a Lit rating of 104.6. They average a game score of 34-19. This is always a good one.

7) 2a Gibson Co, Tn @ Fulton Co 1a
This could be a good border battle here. Both teams appear to be on a similar course this year as well. Gibson Co comes in with a record of 1-4. They average a game score of 26-42. Fulton Co comes in with a record of 1-3. The Pilots average a game score of 8-34. This game will mean a lot to the winner.

8) Caverna 1a @ Breckinridge 4a
This looks to be another good matchup for the Colonels of Caverna. Caverna is off to a surprising start and is showing signs of improvement. The Colonels come in at 3-2 on the year. They have a lit rating of 48.2. The Colonels average a game score of 27-32 this year. Breckinridge Co comes in with a perfect record at 0-5. They average a game score of 3-49. This is a good chance for the really small school Colonels to put one on a big school team.

9) Claiborne, Tn 2a @ #13 Pineville 1a
This looks to be another good border war. Claiborne comes into this one with a disappointing 1-3 record in need of a win. They average a score of 14-25 per game. Pineville comes in on the cusp of breaking into the top ten in 1a. They have an impressive record thus far at 3-1 on the year. They also average a game score of 34-15. It will be interesting to see if the Tn team can match up.

10) East Ridge 3a @ #12 Fairview 1a
This looks to be a good game with two teams on a similar course as well. East Ridge comes into this matchup at 2-3 with a Lit rating of 38.0. The average game score if 19-23. Fairview comes in off a disappointing loss to 1a power Hazard. Fairview enters with a record of 2-2 and a Lit rating of 80.8. The Eagles average a game score of 36-31. This should be a good chance for another 1a victory over a larger school team.

Well there you have it. I hope you all enjoy this week in 1a and support your teams.
Lord help us pikeville at the #3 Spot Mysonis55....Pikeville fans will be crying..:Sad04:
64SUR Wrote:Lord help us pikeville at the #3 Spot Mysonis55....Pikeville fans will be crying..:Sad04:
We actually don't care where we are on this list, at least most of us don't. I read it for entertainment and appreciate the time 55 puts into it.
Thank you PHS. I don't put them in order of how they should be ranked as a team. It is just how I see the top games developing for that week.
mysonis55 Wrote:Thank you PHS. I don't put them in order of how they should be ranked as a team. It is just how I see the top games developing for that week.
Good deal. Although I will say, after seeing some of the whining going on, the PHS-Middlesboro game might be #2 due to the potential meltdown Borough fans would have if Pikeville destroys them again. Heck, it would make the Williamsburg orange jerseys on the sideline in the sun excuses look sophomoric. Lol
That was a classic post, I will never forget the orange jerseys and the sunny side.
I will never forget a yellow jacket wearing orange.they could learn a lot from Middlesboro.
I hope we have another great week in 1a.
Thanks for the post 55 that took A lot of research.
Thank you. Digging deep.
mysonis55 Wrote:Thank you. Digging deep.

:Hole::Hole::Hole:
I hope none of us have any injuries, and play to the best of our abilities.
It seems much quieter this week.