Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence Co. the New Beginning!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well this is a new year and a new start for all these young guys. I for one cant wait to see them get started. They have a few guys back from last year that played alot and should be ready to compete in the district.

There will be some surprises this year and all I can say is wait and see these guys.

Coach Anderson will have his boys ready to play.
Who in your opinion is the best young player on this team???
Just have to set back and wait on the show to begin.
Who is returning for this lawrence county team?
I watched lawrence play 2 last year once at paintsville and once at johnson central, and i know that the Shawn Thompson graduated but what about his younger brother or i think it is his brother, the point guard. Is he back again or was he a senior also?
Coach Anderson has done wonders with this program in the past few years....Dawgs will go 18-4 this year
fanmanbball Wrote:I watched lawrence play 2 last year once at paintsville and once at johnson central, and i know that the Shawn Thompson graduated but what about his younger brother or i think it is his brother, the point guard. Is he back again or was he a senior also?

Chandler Thompson is who your talking about and yes he is back he was only a soph. last year, and from talking to Coach A he has improved leaps and bounds and is going to be a big leader this year. Plus throw in there some great surprises and they just might be a lot better than last years team.
i know the schedule calls for a DEC 2nd open day for the dawgs is there a game or scrimmage b4 that?
They had a very nice 8th grade team last year. Will any of those freshmen see time?
Only time will tell if they see any action.
Who is LC's big man this yr Carter?
They won't have much IMO
Meade Wrote:They won't have much IMO

we'll see on DEC. 5 when they play the Cardnials of Sheldon Clark
Yea we will but neither of those teams are getting out of the first round of districts. Sheldon Clark will win both games against Lc but they won't be able to hang with paintsville and central
Meade Wrote:Yea we will but neither of those teams are getting out of the first round of districts. Sheldon Clark will win both games against Lc but they won't be able to hang with paintsville and central

I would'nt hold my breath if I were you, they will be just fine.
Meade Wrote:Yea we will but neither of those teams are getting out of the first round of districts. Sheldon Clark will win both games against Lc but they won't be able to hang with paintsville and central

Well i thought that lawrence beat sheldon clark by more than twenty in a little summer game, And if i am not mistaking sheldon clark still had the crum kid.
fanmanbball Wrote:Well i thought that lawrence beat sheldon clark by more than twenty in a little summer game, And if i am not mistaking sheldon clark still had the crum kid.

You are mistaken the crum kid now goes to Johnson central. I was unaware that SC played LC over the summer . But if LC beats JC or Paintsville in a varsity baketball game i will delete my BGR account. Sheldon Clark, Magoffin County, and Lawrence County will have a battle for the number 3 spot in the 57th IMO
Chandler is Shawns cousin and the only ones not coming back are Shawn Thompson, Kyle Bradley and Mitch Copley. They have a freshman playing Joel Baldwin who is good.
SCHS lost 4 key players May, Crum, Johnson and Lomeli.
Lawrence will beat Sheldon Clark this year....They got the better team and coach.
B-BallMOM Wrote:Chandler is Shawns cousin and the only ones not coming back are Shawn Thompson, Kyle Bradley and Mitch Copley. They have a freshman playing Joel Baldwin who is good.
SCHS lost 4 key players May, Crum, Johnson and Lomeli.
Lawrence will beat Sheldon Clark this year....They got the better team and coach.

Who was is Lomeli? Sheldon Clark still has Hensley, Goble, Shimko, Porter, Danny hinkle, and now have Daniel Harless who is a true athlete. These teams are an even match-up I look for Sc to be a little bit off at the start of the season due to so many basketball players playing football. I don't know of any players on Lc's squad.
Meade Wrote:Who was is Lomeli? Sheldon Clark still has Hensley, Goble, Shimko, Porter, Danny hinkle, and now have Daniel Harless who is a true athlete. These teams are an even match-up I look for Sc to be a little bit off at the start of the season due to so many basketball players playing football. I don't know of any players on Lc's squad except for that brewer kid and he isnt much.

This is no place to mention a kids name and then talk down on him/her they just might have an account as well.
They are all good athletes and the brewer kid is awesome.

Seems you don't knw as much about SCHS as you thought.
Lomeli was the kid from Mexico who had to leave mid season or so due to sickness in his family he was very tall and an exceptional player.
B-BallMOM Wrote:They are all good athletes and the brewer kid is awesome.

Seems you don't knw as much about SCHS as you thought.
Lomeli was the kid from Mexico who had to leave mid season or so due to sickness in his family he was very tall and an exceptional player.

His name was Juan Carlos. I goto SCHS and he was in my history class. I was there when he found out about the sickness in his family. So YOU don't know as much about SCHS as you think. How many points did the brewer kid average last year?
He is more of defensive guy then a scorer.
I see, who is going to be the scorers for LC this year i really don;t know much about them
Meade Wrote:His name was Juan Carlos. I goto SCHS and he was in my history class. I was there when he found out about the sickness in his family. So YOU don't know as much about SCHS as you think. How many points did the brewer kid average last year?

Well in the 57 district 2006 tournament book that I am sitting here looking at it says his name is Juan Lomeli, and I also graduated from SCHS but I live in Louisa now, so I know a bit about both schools.Rolleyes
I was in his freaking history class so i guess your book is wrong. You never did answer my question about who is going to be the scorer for Lc. Better yet who is going to be getting rebounds scoring and so on. I know very little about them. I'm not on here to argue with you.
Meade Wrote:I was in his freaking history class so i guess your book is wrong. You never did answer my question about who is going to be the scorer for Lc. Better yet who is going to be getting rebounds scoring and so on. I know very little about them. I'm not on here to argue with you.

HEY CHILL OUT your the one arguing I'm just having a conversation. I'm sure the book is right, maybe he didn't go by his full name, I don't know just stating the facts. LC will have great scores by Thompson, Wilks, Pelfry, Carter and Baldwin will do wonderful also they will have Carter under the rim Brewers talents also and some hidden talent I'm sure. No Hate just Love for the DAWGS.
who
Meade I am 100% sure that LC beat Sheldon Clark Over the summer because i watched the game. They also played a team from North Carolina or South Carolina one. And yes the crum kid was at Sheldon Clark. Some key standouts for lawrence was thompson,wilks, and brewer....And i am not trying to argue because i personally don't like LC because i was born and raised in paintsville.
Well i know for a fact that the crum kid now goes to Johnson Central. He may have played summer ball with the cards but he is now a golden eagle and proud of it. I haven't heard any of the news from sheldon clark's summer basketball action so I am kind of behind on the times. My opinion was based strictly on last years teams but i guess that means nothing for this years squads.
Pages: 1 2