Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Betsy Layne @ Prestonsburg 9/26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thoughts or Predictions
Pburg 40
BL 14

They will dismantle the bobcats from the beginning and it won't ever b close.
Prestonsburg should have no trouble in this one.

Prestonsburg - 48

Betsy Layne - 13
PBurg by 18.
Im going P-burg by 21..
Betsy Lane holds on to the victory with a +3 touchdown margin.
The Prestonsburg/Pike Central game thread has disappeared.

I think a mod is playing games... Confusednicker:
oneijoe Wrote:The Prestonsburg/Pike Central game thread has disappeared.

I think a mod is playing games... Confusednicker:

No, it's still there just got bumped down to Page 2.
Pburg should win this one easily.

Pburg 48

B.Layne 12
Prestonsburg 42
Betsy Layne 14

:popcorn:
The Blackcats should have this one!

Prestonsburg by 21!!
Mr. Pike Central Wrote:No, it's still there just got bumped down to Page 2.

Thanks... I had searched "Prestonsburg" and the thread didn't come up. Was kind of weird.
This one could get real ugly.
Blackcats rule
If the Bobcats do not come out ready to play and be in for an absolute war, then this one will get ugly. But I have faith that Betsy Layne will be well prepared from a great week of practice and be eager to go into Prestonsburg and lay it all on the line.

Go BOBCATS!
Can't see Betsy Layne keeping it close this year, but maybe next year is their year to finally take down Prestonsburg.

Blackcats win by 3 touchdowns
I see Betsy Layne starting strong the fading by the 2nd quarter. P-burg by 28 or more.
Blackcats big..and can't wait to see them in hazard October 3rd for my first game of the season.
Betsy Layne-18

Prestonsburg-59
If the Blackcats come out firing on all cylinders it will be a running clock by halftime.

Prestonsburg 56
Betsy Layne 13
Has Betsy Layne ever beat Prestonsburg?
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Has Betsy Layne ever beat Prestonsburg?

Yes, once in 1986.
Westside Wrote:Yes, once in 1986.

Betsy Layne was coached at that time by.....John Derossett (alumnus and current HC of P-burg). He was only 3 years out of EKU and Betsy Layne was his first head coaching job.

(can't believe it's been THAT long ago...whew)

a bit of trivia - that's the only time Prestonsburg has lost to another Floyd Co. team, though Wheelwright in 23 meetings earned 1 tie.

Westside Wrote:Yes, once in 1986.

I thought it was 84, but you could be right because I'm not positive.
oneijoe Wrote:Betsy Layne was coached at that time by.....John Derossett (alumnus and current HC of P-burg). He was only 3 years out of EKU and Betsy Layne was his first head coaching job.

a bit of trivia - that's the only time Prestonsburg has lost to another Floyd Co. team, though Wheelwright in 23 meetings earned 1 tie.

No, Betsy Layne was coached by Jack Hall when they defeated the Blackcats. DeRossett coached a team that took Pburg to overtime but Pburg won.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:I thought it was 84, but you could be right because I'm not positive.

No, it was 1986.
oneijoe Wrote:Betsy Layne was coached at that time by.....John Derossett (alumnus and current HC of P-burg). He was only 3 years out of EKU and Betsy Layne was his first head coaching job.

Coach Derossett didn't coach the Bobcats until around the early to mid 90's.
Westside Wrote:Coach Derossett didn't coach the Bobcats until around the early to mid 90's.

duh... you guys are right !! NO WONDER it didn't seem that long ago. Confusedhh:Confusednicker:

I have pretty good P-burg records, but not Betsy Layne records.
I think he started coaching in 96'...
Blacksmith Wrote:I think he started coaching in 96'...

It was around 1993 or 1994 because I had a class with James DeRossette at PCC. We sat together in a biology class and I remember him talking about the Bobcats not having any speed lol. I had left PCC by the fall of 94.
Pages: 1 2