Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard Vs. Paintsville
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
its pay back time bulldogs.
tigers by 14
put a hurting on em paintsville!
hillbilly Wrote:I hear that Hazard had a couple of defectors after the Phelps game? Anybody got info on this? Could make this game more interesting.

i heard this also.... this could be BAD news for the bulldogs come friday
Paintsville did have a ton of dropped passes in the first meeting, kind of reminded me of the Paintsville-Hazard game of 2004 when Hazard dropped a ton of passes. With Cantrell back, it helped offensively a ton against Pikeville. Although, Cantrell and Walker were back in the secondary defensively it wasn't the greatest pass defense I've seen but the run support was much improved. Paintsville also will get Patrick Butcher back this week, who had surgery earlier in the year on a finger he compound fractured in practice earlier in the year. Although, from what I've seen this week in practice and earlier in the year Cantrell and Butcher will play a OLB/Rover type position that makes three more secondary type players than they had in the first meeting. GO TIGERS, let's get this one back. How bad do you want it? I want to see a district championship match up of the Maroon and Blue. Ignore this stuff about defectors, get focus and be ready to play whoever walks on the field this Friday.
Ignore this stuff about defectors, get focus and be ready to play whoever walks on the field this Friday.[/QUOTE]
Why wouldn't you want to know if a couple of their starters quit. You need to know the prsonnel of the team you are playing. I'm not 100% sure if they quit but I heard from a [retty reliable source that 2 starting LB quit. Could be the difference in the game for either team.
if hazard did lose a couple of players then this game could be better then i first imagined. iI have a feeling that this game could be a great one.
do they play this friday w/ cavs and panthers
Thats right they will play at hazard.
football_fan Wrote:Thats right they will play at hazard.

playing at hazard is always tough, this in my opnion, will decide along w/ what players are returning to this game, and what players wont be returning.
All in all from what i hear from both sides, im going w/ paintsville by no more then 14
The Blue Blur Wrote:Why wouldn't you want to know if a couple of their starters quit. You need to know the prsonnel of the team you are playing. I'm not 100% sure if they quit but I heard from a [retty reliable source that 2 starting LB quit. Could be the difference in the game for either team.

It's that that I wouldn't want to know, I know you need to know the personnel you're playing against. But more or less, sometimes this kind of stuff gets to kids and cause mind games. So pretty much what I'm trying to say, this is just a rumor and hasn't been confirmed. So up and play, whoever comes on the field Friday night. Don't make it where you have chance to beat them because some key players are missing, play to win no matter if those players are there or not. Don't get wrapped up in the mind games.
hm never thought of that! nice thinkin
The Blue Blur Wrote:It's that that I wouldn't want to know, I know you need to know the personnel you're playing against. But more or less, sometimes this kind of stuff gets to kids and cause mind games. So pretty much what I'm trying to say, this is just a rumor and hasn't been confirmed. So up and play, whoever comes on the field Friday night. Don't make it where you have chance to beat them because some key players are missing, play to win no matter if those players are there or not. Don't get wrapped up in the mind games.

I agree...I'm still gonna go with Hazard ..... 35-14
I don't think Paintsville will be able to stop the passing attack of Hazard, and, also, their lack of numbers will wear them down in the second half. I look for a rematch of two weeks ago at Pikeville.

Hazard 34
Paintsville 21
go thinking , me too but ill will go 42 - 6
hazard
It may a closer game than it was last time. I'll give the edge to Hazard as of right now.
IRISH4 Wrote:Honestly, do you smoke crack?....lol. If JC only put up 50 some points on Paintsville then there is no way Hazard will neither. Hazard still may win, but not as much as the first game. It'll be a good game though.

Well I know Johnson Central could have dropped triple digits on them also...Not saying Hazard is near Johnson Central but Hazard NEVER shows mercy to anyone when they have the chance.
hazard wins big
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Well I know Johnson Central could have dropped triple digits on them also...Not saying Hazard is near Johnson Central but Hazard NEVER shows mercy to anyone when they have the chance.

Well I don't think Hazard will have that chance, they are in the same shape as Paintsville if not a little worse. It's rumored that Hazard has had several starting LB's quit the team which would open up more oppertunities for the run game with Daniel Pugh, Shane Cantrell(didn't play the first game due to injuries), and Kyle Subblett. Paintsville on the other hand has a few players back that didn't play in the first game. I was at the Apple Bowl and I don't know if JC could have posted triple digits, there was a running clock...which means it runs non-stop in the second half. The only way triple digits would've happend is if Paintsville would have just gave JC the ball back after several plays and not put a defense out on the field....and they weren't that stupid.
Goodluck to both teams like to see an upset here but it will be tough....I still dont know who to pick on this one here im going to say Hazard by 1 TD
I have a feeling this game is going to be alot better than everyone first thought, along with the other district game at Pikeville.
Hazard 52 - paintsville 27
im gonna take paintville on this one 28-21
Paintsville has an excellent chance in this one. The Pikeville game will be a huge rout.
mods - 2nd week in a row I've been locked out of an event on a Friday.
Is this usual, or just some bug that likes me?
Pages: 1 2