Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 43 Harlan County 14 final
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final from the deep dark hills....

Granny Bear is awesome!!!!!!
Harlan County is trying to hard to fit in with the rest of district 8.

They are going above and beyond.
Good win eagles, HC had some good drives in the game. They have a tough schedule but and it will make them better for playoff time. They have a good team and people will see by the end of the year. I look for them to be tough in the future
Another great team effort by the young (but rapidly growing) Golden Eagles.

The defense is coming along very well. Kids are making big plays on both sides of the line. We expected this to be our first big test on the road against a good team, and the kids did everything you could hope to see out there tonight.

How good can they be if they all stay healthy? Hard to see a ceiling if they keep their heads on straight and keep working hard and stay hungry. This team is exciting. Period.
Congratulations Johnson Central on your victory!! It was a PERFECT night for football, and I enjoyed meeting Pulp Fiction and ind_brown1977 at the game. Pulp thinks I'm awesome simply because of my cake!!
Wink

I felt like I was back in high school tonight; met 4 men under the bleachers!
Confusednicker:
Hate to do any gloating in this thread. Harlan County folks on here seem like nice people. Sorry, guys. Sounds like you all have a lot of youngsters out there and a bright future also.
We just have to stay positive and get better week by week. We will by far play the toughest game of our tough schedule next Friday night. If our kids can stay positive through next week I believe our next game will decide the district championship with Letcher. Why is that important? Well it means we will play at home throughout the playoffs.
bear claw Wrote:We just have to stay positive and get better week by week. We will by far play the toughest game of our tough schedule next Friday night. If our kids can stay positive through next week I believe our next game will decide the district championship with Letcher. Why is that important? Well it means we will play at home throughout the playoffs.

What makes you so sure?

Im not sure all four teams aren't evenly bad. :biglmao:
District 8 might not combine for 10 wins Confusednicker:
Diogenes Wrote:Another great team effort by the young (but rapidly growing) Golden Eagles.

The defense is coming along very well. Kids are making big plays on both sides of the line. We expected this to be our first big test on the road against a good team, and the kids did everything you could hope to see out there tonight.

How good can they be if they all stay healthy? Hard to see a ceiling if they keep their heads on straight and keep working hard and stay hungry. This team is exciting. Period.

Bryce Skaggs and Conner Ratliff are doing a phenomenal job leading the rushing attack. At one point Bryce had 180 yards on 5 carries. They aren't the bruising backs that they have had the past few seasons but there is much more speed in my opinion. Also surprised at how well the defense has played to this point starting 6 sophs, 1 freshman, 3 juniors and a senior. Like you said, health and the ability to continue to up their game each week is key.
Lynch47 Wrote:Bryce Skaggs and Conner Ratliff are doing a phenomenal job leading the rushing attack. At one point Bryce had 180 yards on 5 carries. They aren't the bruising backs that they have had the past few seasons but there is much more speed in my opinion. Also surprised at how well the defense has played to this point starting 6 sophs, 1 freshman, 3 juniors and a senior. Like you said, health and the ability to continue to up their game each week is key.

They're small, but they have the raw speed we haven't had in a while. And then this year we have Slone and Rice as the big, powerful traditional Central-style fullbacks to help open holes for them. You throw in Workman, who looks great running and throwing, and this could be one of the best backfields we've seen. I love how unselfish they appear to be, too. Not worrying about who gets all the carries is a huge bonus. Team first.
Congrats to Eagles.
Congrats to the Eagles on the W. Hang in there Black Bears!
Congrats Eagles
This thread will be kinda short-lived, I suspect. Nobody on our side wants to rub it in, and nobody on the other side wants to hear about it, and the other side is generally too classy to deserve hearing about it. I did get to see photos of the Harlan County complex. Gorgeous field. And - even more importantly - heard the school itself was nice as well. Best of luck, Bears. I'm sure this game will be a total throw down the next couple of years. I hope it keeps happening.
Granny Bear Wrote:Congratulations Johnson Central on your victory!! It was a PERFECT night for football, and I enjoyed meeting Pulp Fiction and ind_brown1977 at the game. Pulp thinks I'm awesome simply because of my cake!!
Wink

I felt like I was back in high school tonight; met 4 men under the bleachers!
Confusednicker:
That's why I think your awesome too Granny. Lol.
Honestly didn't expect this, but JC picked us apart. Gotta learn suck it up and move on. Glad the Black Bears never gave up fought to the end that's a good sign! Good to see Bobby Huff back out there! Had some good drives that could have gave us some momentum but JC prevailed. The only penalty I remember was on JC in the 2nd quarter at least the Bears didn't hurt themselves. Hope All the JC buses and fans make it home safely that's not a fun drive.

Anyone see the weirdo (foreign) film crew there? Allegedly about prayers!!!! Both teams gathered in the middle after the game for prayer wonder what will come from this bull????
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:District 8 might not combine for 10 wins Confusednicker:

that wouldn't surprise me :biglmao:
bear claw Wrote:We just have to stay positive and get better week by week. We will by far play the toughest game of our tough schedule next Friday night. If our kids can stay positive through next week I believe our next game will decide the district championship with Letcher. Why is that important? Well it means we will play at home throughout the playoffs.

Whitley County has a long way to go, but I think they have a shot at winning this horrible district this yearConfusednicker:
is larkey done
Patriot Wrote:Honestly didn't expect this, but JC picked us apart. Gotta learn suck it up and move on. Glad the Black Bears never gave up fought to the end that's a good sign! Good to see Bobby Huff back out there! Had some good drives that could have gave us some momentum but JC prevailed. The only penalty I remember was on JC in the 2nd quarter at least the Bears didn't hurt themselves. Hope All the JC buses and fans make it home safely that's not a fun drive.

Anyone see the weirdo (foreign) film crew there? Allegedly about prayers!!!! Both teams gathered in the middle after the game for prayer wonder what will come from this bull????

I heard this was an Al-Jazeera film crew from NY about post-game prayers. So you know it can't be good publicity. Definitely not what the good people of both places deserve after a hard-fought football game. Some of the hardest places in America to make a living, and THIS is what you want to come start trouble over? Seriously? Sounds like another ill-intentioned "Children of the Mountains" special all over again. Grrrr.
1/4bak Wrote:is larkey done

Guy's one of the best coaches in KY history. I wouldn't count on it. If they fire him, nobody's safe. He's saddled with a young and injury-riddled team. Bet they compete for another district title.
1/4bak Wrote:is larkey done
Should be
Diogenes Wrote:Guy's one of the best coaches in KY history. I wouldn't count on it. If they fire him, nobody's safe. He's saddled with a young and injury-riddled team. Bet they compete for another district title.

I don't think they'd ever fire him.he is probably near the end of his great career.
^^
That's exactly what it was and I'm not done with this subject either!!

They were asked NOT to be there and NOT to film. I consider what they did an invasion of privacy, and believe me, they haven't heard the last of me!! One of the Black Bear mamas was able to get a picture of their card. Soooo I have names and addresses. Confusednicker:

They want a piece of the hillbilly; they gonna get it.

I got post bombed!!!!! Confusednicker:
Those arrows were supposed to be pointing at Patriot's post!!
Granny Bear Wrote:^^
That's exactly what it was and I'm not done with this subject either!!

They were asked NOT to be there and NOT to film. I consider what they did an invasion of privacy, and believe me, they haven't heard the last of me!! One of the Black Bear mamas was able to get a picture of their card. Soooo I have names and addresses. Confusednicker:

They want a piece of the hillbilly; they gonna get it.

I got post bombed!!!!! Confusednicker:
Those arrows were supposed to be pointing at Patriot's post!!

Let 'em have it, Granny. If they want to come pray to Mecca at midfield after the game, I'm sure they're welcome. I just don't expect them to have much backup. Not in Paintsville or Harlan County.
Well, to be honest I was trying to get a couple scatter rugs we could throw down on the steps and kneel on them when they were filming, but I couldn't find any.
Granny Bear Wrote:Well, to be honest I was trying to get a couple scatter rugs we could throw down on the steps and kneel on them when they were filming, but I couldn't find any.

Why were they in Harlan County?
pjdoug Wrote:Why were they in Harlan County?

To start trouble, would be my guess. Isn't that usually the reason? Publicity, and trouble?
Diogenes Wrote:To start trouble, would be my guess. Isn't that usually the reason? Publicity, and trouble?

that's obviously the reason. I was asking why Harlan County, of all places.
Pages: 1 2 3