Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Eastern Kentucky @ Tennessee Martin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
EKU travels to Martin to take on the Skyhawks at 1pm Saturday. EKU is 3-0 for the first time since 1992. Martin has stumbled out of the gate at 1-2 with their only win being over NAIA Cumberland (TN). However, UTM came into Roy Kidd Stadium and beat the Colonels last season and have most of their team back. This should be a good one. Predictions?
RICHMOND, Ky. – After three weeks of playing non-conference opponents, the Eastern Kentucky University football team straps up for an Ohio Valley Conference game this Saturday at UT Martin. Game time is set for 1 p.m. ET.

Saturday's game can be seen on ESPN3.

Since #Dean Hood# took over as head coach of the Colonels in 2008, Eastern Kentucky (3-0, 0-0 OVC) and UT Martin (1-2, 0-0) are two of just three OVC teams that have recorded at least 30 league victories.

The Eastern Kentucky run defense has been particularly stout in 2014. The Colonels have held each of its first three opponents under 100 yards rushing and rank fourth nationally (FCS) in rushing defense (49.3 yards per game).

Eastern is 22-2 all-time against UT Martin, but the Skyhawks tallied a 16-7 victory in Richmond last year. In that game, UTM rushed for 215 yards versus the Colonels and held EKU to a season-low 80 yards on the ground.
http://Www.ekusports.com
I'll take the COLONELS by 12.
Just saw that the line has UT Martin a +2 1/2 point favorite, with that being said I still take the Colonels by 9. They have a very powerful offense that is getting better each week and a young but fast defense.
Shondue Wrote:Just saw that the line has UT Martin a +2 1/2 point favorite, with that being said I still take the Colonels by 9. They have a very powerful offense that is getting better each week and a young but fast defense.

If they've got UTM listed as +2 1/2 that means they're the underdog.
EKU by 10
Walt Longmire Wrote:If they've got UTM listed as +2 1/2 that means they're the underdog.

They are listed as -2 1/2 which would make them a favorite by 2 1/2 points.
Shondue Wrote:They are listed as -2 1/2 which would make them a favorite by 2 1/2 points.

I was confused, you had a + on your original post.
I think the Colonels will prevail 31-24.
Walt Longmire Wrote:I was confused, you had a + on your original post.
Just trying to shortcut instead of writing it out. You going over tomorrow?
Shondue Wrote:Just trying to shortcut instead of writing it out. You going over tomorrow?

I'm on my way back from Pennsylvania. We're heading there as soon as I get back. You?