Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #1 Mayfield @ #14 Graves Co
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright it's time for the annual Battle of the Birds. It has been since 2007 for the Eagles last win. To further the lack of success, this year if the Cardinals win this varsity match up it will be another sweep of the Eagles on the year. The Eagles come in as a tough running team with a record of 1-2. Those 2 losses come in a close one on the road at Franklin Simpson and a two score loss two 3a power Paducah Tilghman. Mayfield comes in 2 points away from being undefeated at 3-1. The only loss coming on the road to 6a McCracken Co. This is a rivalry game of sorts and you never know how those will go. So who do you have in this one, and why?
Graves looks one-dimensional with the QB situation they have on their hands and spells disaster against a good high school defense. I say Mayfield wins 2+ TD's easy even with the rivalry factor.
Graves is too slow.

Mayfield by 20+
Joey Marshall, Cody Crider and Dillon Reed are fast.
This one should be over pretty quickly and give the yungins' a chance to play.
Sure they are, but Crider was the only one effective against Tilghman, if Graves throws the ball, we know what the key targets are, there aren't enough targets to keep us guessing. And I don't see lots of passing when you have a ground game like that. It will be more of what Murray did to us, eat clock up.
Mayfield by 28.
I hope we are fired up like we were for the Mustangs.
I'm worried about Mayfield.....Just saying. Confusednicker:
Don't be worried 64, we are still Mayfield.
14???? Marshmallow.
On a down year they still aren't that soft.
Why worry 64? They will win going away.
Blowout!!!!
pjdoug Wrote:14???? Marshmallow.

Troll
Old school running team that will work the clock. This will lower the score.
Problem is Graves cant move the ball, it is either big gain or no gain. If they cant move the ball sure cant control the clock. Running clock in the 3rd.
Mayfield by 35:popcorn:
It will be closer than you think. Graves fared well against Murray. Big rivalry game. Don't think it will be a blowout.
I hope big blue is right.
Ghostofjoey Wrote:It will be closer than you think. Graves fared well against Murray. Big rivalry game. Don't think it will be a blowout.

That's what Graves says every year.
Since Gregory took over here are the scores, last time Graves beat Mayfield was Rogers last year at Graves, 2008. Coaching means a lot in rivalry games.
2013- 49-21
2012- 56-28
2011- 21-7
2010- 43-18
2009- 28-13
We haven't put a running clock on the new coach yet. We have come close but something always prevents it.
This is a recruitment game for Mayfield......:biglmao:
We don't have to recruit 64. Tradition brings them.
64SUR Wrote:This is a recruitment game for Mayfield......:biglmao:

There's some truth in thatConfusedinglepar:Thumbs::yum::eyeroll::biggrin:
Killer in the Sun Wrote:Troll

:Thumbs:
mysonis55 Wrote:We don't have to recruit 64. Tradition brings them.

if tradition is the word you like to use Confusednicker:
It is a well proven word here. I understand the "tradition" isn't so good there in Whitley, so quit trying to but our chops. We have 19 trophies in the case here. How many you got there?
mysonis55 Wrote:It is a well proven word here. I understand the "tradition" isn't so good there in Whitley, so quit trying to but our chops. We have 19 trophies in the case here. How many you got there?

like I said. if tradition is the word you like to use.
Pride, tradition and excellence are the words we like to use around here. People can say what they want about why the formerly blue and grey clad kids come here, but our coaches do not recruit. They don't even do that in school. If the kid doesn't show up for practice they don't go looking for them.
Graves by 1
Pages: 1 2