Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BGR Regional Power Rankings- CKY/Lex Metro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. Scott County
2. Lafayette
3. Boyle County
4. Bryan Station
5. Henry Clay

Game of the Week:
Lafayette @ Dunbar
Lafayette above Boyle Co?
mysonis55 Wrote:Lafayette above Boyle Co?

Boyle is a mystery still.

That Danville game hurts Boyle's credibility a little..meanwhile Lafayette has convincing wins over Central and LexCath and took Scott County to the final horn.
Lafayette is for real. Best Fayette County schools have been in ateast 10 years.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Boyle is a mystery still.

That Danville game hurts Boyle's credibility a little..meanwhile Lafayette has convincing wins over Central and LexCath and took Scott County to the final horn.

How did the Danville game hurt Boyle's credibility? Just curious. Because they didn't win by 40? Boyle County handled Danville pretty easily if you ask me and Danville doesn't have a bad team by any means so that's why I ask.

Regardless I do agree with your ranking. Just not the logic.
E's Army Wrote:Lafayette is for real. Best Fayette County schools have been in ateast 10 years.

Did you mean Fayette County Public school? Because in that time span you mentioned give or take, Lexington Christian and Lex Catholic has won several state championship. 3 straight state 4A semi's, not to mention maybe just a little more than 10 years ago PLD went on to the state championship. So just to clarify what you meant by the best Fayette County has had.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Boyle is a mystery still.

Louisville Central is down. Lexington Catholic is down. Not as dominant as they were. have you seen their record for the season? Yeah I give them props for playing Scoot County tough, but to say they are ahead of Boyle County and to call them a mystery? No way! Scott Co #1, Boyle County #2 and then the rest..
BoyleCounty Wrote:How did the Danville game hurt Boyle's credibility? Just curious. Because they didn't win by 40? Boyle County handled Danville pretty easily if you ask me and Danville doesn't have a bad team by any means so that's why I ask.

Regardless I do agree with your ranking. Just not the logic.

Danville is a "good" but not great team. Danville is in that range of teams in the 7-12 range in 2A. Boyle is considered to be the clear 3rd best team in 4A and a State Title contender.

It took Boyle a full 4 Quarters to put Danville away.

A team expected to win the 4A State Title should be able to handle a team many think is in about the third tier of teams in 2A with somewhat relative ease, especially at home.

If Danville was considered on the same level as DeSales, Caldwell County, or even CAL this year a hard fought 17 point win would be OK... they are not.

It also doesn't help that Boyle has had some questions already concerning their offensive firepower and to only put up 24 against Danville only reinforced those concerns. Especially when a team like Corbin..not noted for being an offensive juggernaut can put up 28 on the Ads on the road.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Danville is a "good" but not great team. Danville is in that range of teams in the 7-12 range in 2A. Boyle is considered to be the clear 3rd best team in 4A and a State Title contender.

It took Boyle a full 4 Quarters to put Danville away.

A team expected to win the 4A State Title should be able to handle a team many think is in about the third tier of teams in 2A with somewhat relative ease, especially at home.

If Danville was considered on the same level as DeSales, Caldwell County, or even CAL this year a hard fought 17 point win would be OK... they are not.

It also doesn't help that Boyle has had some questions already concerning their offensive firepower and to only put up 24 against Danville only reinforced those concerns. Especially when a team like Corbin..not noted for being an offensive juggernaut can put up 28 on the Ads on the road.

So you are basing Boyle's ranking solely on the Danville? Boyle County ran wild on Danville. Boyle used 9 minutes of the clock on one drive against Danville. The game plan wasn't to get in a track meet with Danville, the game plan was to beat them down with the ground game and IMO it worked. Were they sloppy on some drives in that game? Sure, but this team is still improving by the game. I'm not ready to say they are expected to win the state title like you say but I guess you consider them a contender.