Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Damien Harris Record Chase
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I may have missed it, but I haven't seen any mention of the records that Harris is potentially chasing this season. My calculations may be off be he has an outside if not legitimate shot at breaking the state records for points scored, total td, rushing td and rushing yards.

Total Points record is 837 with Harris setting on 670 career points and 7th on the list after the game friday.

Total TD record is 138. Harris has 111 and sits 4th on the list.

Rushing TD record is 120. Harris has 103 sits 5th on the list.

Rushing yardage record is 8633. Harris has 6228 and sits 17th on the list.

If Southern were to make it deep into the playoffs, he has a shot at breaking all of those records, especially with a few games even close to Fridays performance.
If Madison Southerns Coaches let him carry the ball 40 times he could have broken every record in the book in his first two games this year.
I think he will get Career TD's and rushing TD's just based off of play. I agree that he could break the others but I really think after talking with some of Southern's coaches that that is not a concern whatsoever for Damien or the Southern staff. Gut...I think you are 100% correct he could have killed it the first couple of games but Damien's coaching staff is handling his touches beautifully and not overworking him. I really do think Damien will be fresh for the playoffs, and that's what matters. Good info NothingTrivial!!!
Should be interesting to see how close he comes to some of these...People also forget that Damien as a freshman did not get a ton of carries because his coaches were smart and didn't just feed him over and over when even then he was the best player on the team.
Mommies and Daddies everywhere should take note. Too many parents think their child should get MORE touches, shots, PT etc. because they are a "star". Or the because of the lack touches, shots, PT, etc. their child isn't seen as a star when they rightfully should be. This is a great example for those parents. If their child is indeed a star, then they will make the most of the time they get and people will notice. Those parents who do have a "star" player don't have to toot the child's horn, because others will notice.
^^^

Not to defend those type of parents...but Harris is more than a "star".

Harris is the type of player who comes along once every 15-20 years in the State of Kentucky
EKUAlum05 Wrote:^^^

Not to defend those type of parents...but Harris is more than a "star".

Harris is the type of player who comes along once every 15-20 years in the State of Kentucky

My point is that if a real star can live with and thrive with less - then others should be as excepting... My point stands, if you're good enough to be a "star" coaches, recruiters, fans... will notice and won't have to have it pointed our for them.
He will not get enough carries to break records. But he is the real deal.
He may or may not break those records, but he is still going to go down as maybe the best back the state has ever seen. Time will tell for sure but he is the total package of size and strength. Sure would be nice to see him suiting up in Commonwealth next year, and not coming out of the visitor's locker room, lol.