Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pike Central @ Prestonsburg Sept. 17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thoughts and Predictions
Pburg 81-78.
Prestonsburg 52
Pike County Central 28

Pike Central want be able to stop the run attack of P'burg. And P'burg will be able to stop some of Pike Central pass attack.....I think Confusedmoke:
PBurg wins up front. PBurg by 14.
Correction: Date of Pburg game is 9/19 not 9/17
Was wondering why they were playing in a Wednesday!!
Brancher1978 Wrote:Correction: Date of Pburg game is 9/19 not 9/17

Not going to affect my score. Confusednicker:
Should be a good game . I'll take p.burg at home 32-28
Should be a helluva game.

I'll take Prestonsburg by 12.
Pike Central by 1:trolldad:
Prestonsburg 36
Pike Central 21
Pike Central 48
Pburg 26
Prestonsburg....
Central 42
PBurg 36
Prestonsburg
Should be all offense all night, but the Blackcats will get a few stops.

Blackcats-63

Hawks-42
I am thinking Pburg by 10-12

Wouldn't be surprised one bit for both teams to score over 40
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I am thinking Pburg by 10-12

Wouldn't be surprised one bit for both teams to score over 40

I'll be disappointed if the scoreboard lights up like that. This Prestonsburg defense is far ahead of last year's and the Blackcats are running the ball effectively and more often. Both of these lend to fewer possessions by both teams.

Not sure how Pike Central compares to last year's team, but from all accounts, are still a primary passing team. It'll be the first passing squad P-burg has faced.

Should be an entertaining game !!
This is going to be a great game. I think that Prestonsburg pulls it out though in the end simply because it's at home.

Prestonsburg 48
Pike County Central 36
I agree with oneijoe. This years defense at this point in the season is far ahead of last years. We did have two blown coverage assignments in the Pikeville game that led to touchdowns. I think the coaching staff has probably worked on that this week and will not be a problem. Also as oneijoe said we are running the ball more this year, and effectively, which will limit Pike Centrals possessions.

This will be our best opponent since the Pikeville game. I think the Blackcats come out and make a statement in this one.

Prestonsburg 35
Pike Central 14
The Frasure kid ran well against Powell better than Clay . Ousley kid has surprisingly improved on his running this year. Seems to do better job running behind blockers and finds the hole. Has had several big runs with limited attempts. Marcum has also ran well in games played. He missed Powell County does anyone know why? If P'burg starts to utilize Marcum and Ousley more could be interesting to see how teams will play defense against P'burg. We also have to utilize all of our receivers as well. Too many weapons not to use them. It makes defenses stay honest and not key on 1 or 2 offensive threats. Keep up the hard work players and coaches and keep improving and we will see the results on down the road.
Brancher1978 Wrote:The Frasure kid ran well against Powell better than Clay . Ousley kid has surprisingly improved on his running this year. Seems to do better job running behind blockers and finds the hole. Has had several big runs with limited attempts. Marcum has also ran well in games played. He missed Powell County does anyone know why? If P'burg starts to utilize Marcum and Ousley more could be interesting to see how teams will play defense against P'burg. We also have to utilize all of our receivers as well. Too many weapons not to use them. It makes defenses stay honest and not key on 1 or 2 offensive threats. Keep up the hard work players and coaches and keep improving and we will see the results on down the road.

Agree. We have several weapons. If we use them all it will be hard to prepare for defensively.
Hawks- 35
Blackats- 28
Blackcats win by 14. This will be a good test for the P-burg secondary after the Pikeville game, to see how coverage has improved.
Prestonsburg 35
Pike Central 21
Prestonsburg's running attack will take it's toll on Central late. Could be a high scoring game. Blackcats by two scores.
PC show us what you have, Williamsburg fan pulling for you.
Pike Central seems to be taking on the personality of Thacker now. I see this being a closer game than some anticipate. They do have some athletes at Pike Central, who can run with the Pburg WR's. But I think the difference is likely to be the scrambling of Jarrell and running of Frasure. Pburg by 10, since Derossett seems to have finally remembered he has a kicker.

Had to throw that last one in for ya, #1 Blackcat Fan. :biglmao:
topnotch Wrote:PC show us what you have, Williamsburg fan pulling for you.

That one hurts topnotch. :ChairHit:

PHSForever Wrote:Pike Central seems to be taking on the personality of Thacker now. I see this being a closer game than some anticipate. They do have some athletes at Pike Central, who can run with the Pburg WR's. But I think the difference is likely to be the scrambling of Jarrell and running of Frasure. Pburg by 10, since Derossett seems to have finally remembered he has a kicker.

Had to throw that last one in for ya, #1 Blackcat Fan. :biglmao:

I am not going to say anything he missed both attempts last game. If I'm not mistaken that's the first two he missed on the year though. He can nail them he has proven that all but last game. He just needs to have confidence in himself.
Pages: 1 2