Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence County@East Carter 9/19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I like the dogs in this one.
LC must improve their defense this game. I would challenge the defense to not allow EC any 1st downs in the first half. If the LC defense does not improve they have no chance against Raceland, Sheldon, Pike Central, Belfry or Prestonsburg. Of the 18 coaches LC has, surely one of them can coach fundamental defense. LC leads 3a in scoring but also in points allowed. Is it to much to ask to wrap up when tackling? Is it to much to ask for a pass defender to look back for the ball? Is it to much to ask that every player swarm to the ball on every play? The line and linebackers are struggling against the run. The secondary has no clue on pass defense. The defense needs to help the offense.
Lawrence by a bunch. But this is not the game for them to figure things out. East is really struggling. They have some young guys with potential to be playmakers, but they need some older guys to become more headstrong in the leadership department.

LC 50
EC 18
Lawrence County 52

East Carter 17
I don't think we will need the kids who got ejected in this one! East Carter is just (nothing personal) horrible! This will be the perfect game to work hard with the defense and figure some things out! If they don't figure some things out on defense then the last few teams on our schedule will have their way with us! Belfry is probably playing their best football in 10 years right now and the kids have said all year that they took a picture of the scoreboard last year after the last Belfry game determined to be competitive with em this year. Well if we don't find some defense by 8/17 they will wish the scoreboard was like it was in 2013 because if we were to play Belfry right now I think they would name the score something like 60-0 because they would drive it down our throat all night and our offense would never see the field. I think Belfry is just that good right now. I know we have a lot of season to go and we will get better but so will Belfry. I would give anything to see this defense start clicking! I don't think we should worry about putting up big numbers or anything like that in this game just work on the defense please!
Do-double-gg Wrote:I don't think we will need the kids who got ejected in this one! East Carter is just (nothing personal) horrible! This will be the perfect game to work hard with the defense and figure some things out! If they don't figure some things out on defense then the last few teams on our schedule will have their way with us! Belfry is probably playing their best football in 10 years right now and the kids have said all year that they took a picture of the scoreboard last year after the last Belfry game determined to be competitive with em this year. Well if we don't find some defense by 8/17 they will wish the scoreboard was like it was in 2013 because if we were to play Belfry right now I think they would name the score something like 60-0 because they would drive it down our throat all night and our offense would never see the field. I think Belfry is just that good right now. I know we have a lot of season to go and we will get better but so will Belfry. I would give anything to see this defense start clicking! I don't think we should worry about putting up big numbers or anything like that in this game just work on the defense please!
agree 100%
dawgbyte02 Wrote:LC must improve their defense this game. I would challenge the defense to not allow EC any 1st downs in the first half. If the LC defense does not improve they have no chance against Raceland, Sheldon, Pike Central, Belfry or Prestonsburg. Of the 18 coaches LC has, surely one of them can coach fundamental defense. LC leads 3a in scoring but also in points allowed. Is it to much to ask to wrap up when tackling? Is it to much to ask for a pass defender to look back for the ball? Is it to much to ask that every player swarm to the ball on every play? The line and linebackers are struggling against the run. The secondary has no clue on pass defense. The defense needs to help the offense.

This is about the most true statement I have seen on BGR all year! We have way to many athlete's in this defensive backfield to be playing like this. I still think our D line is the main problem. I'm no coach but I have got to see a few good defensive teams this year and in my day and they all have one thing in common, "a good defensive line". When your defensive line gets little to no push or penetration it puts all the work on your secondary. I think our leading tackler on the defense is a safety and that is never a good thing on a defense.
This one is already over . I predict LC will keep it classy on a young EC team . LC 55 EC 15
Lc if they have enough players left after khsaa reviews the film should know by Tuesday. Offense cannot continue to turn the ball over 3 amd 4 Times per game and expect the defense to keep bailing them out. I think they have really come together as team since fairview.
LC big.
dawg fan Wrote:Lc if they have enough players left after khsaa reviews the film should know by Tuesday. Offense cannot continue to turn the ball over 3 amd 4 Times per game and expect the defense to keep bailing them out. I think they have really come together as team since fairview.

^This! I think the rule is that if you leave the sideline during an altercation, even if you don't throw a punch or anything, it is an automatic ejection for one or two games. Now if the KHSAA even reviews the film is another story.
I for one hope they do, even if we do lose some people for 1 or 2 games I would love to see the spotlight put on some of the ref's in Kentucky high school sports because it's getting bad and this crew did a horrible job.
I also think that if they review the film and see what some of the Breathitt players were doing then 1 or both of the LC players who were ejected before the bench clearing will be reinstated. I'm guessing coach Short will be on the sideline friday. I know that after the Breathitt player kicked #11 Dalton in the back of the leg Dalton almost instantly reacted in swinging at the player. That is something that would hold up in a court of law of being allowed to defend yourself.
LC 49-EC 18 after this game the real season starts for LC.
EC shock the LC faithful and win by 6!
Anyone got video of fight or link. I know the Breathitt and Pike Central fight is on youtube and paints a pretty plain picture. So, video would give a pretty good definition of what took place.
Crossbones Wrote:Anyone got video of fight or link. I know the Breathitt and Pike Central fight is on youtube and paints a pretty plain picture. So, video would give a pretty good definition of what took place.

I can see it on Hudl but I cant post it. I have no idea how to post just the bad stuff that went on because Hudl has a lot of practice and future opponent film and stuff like that. I tried to do it in the test threads but when I did the link showed everything so I had to delete it.
Imo cecil has been trying to build depth on the defense all year by playing so many kids in starter minutes. but now we are getting to the point where we need to go with the 11 thats going to start. the meat of schedule is approaching and the defense needs to click. It's hard to watch a defense give up big play after big play when you know they're better than that.
I agree. The Raceland game (even though it don't matter in the big picture) will probably be an up and down war again this year, but you still want to win it for the players to feel good going into district play. Sheldon Clark is still down just a little but not as bad as a lot of us were thinking and they are getting better with each game and that is a good thing IMO. Pike Central is a team I just can't figure out. I was expecting that team to be very stout this year but I think having a new coach and system is the x factor for that team and they just have't made as much noise as I expected but I still expect a close game like last year. Belfry is just Belfry and in no way do I think we are ready for that team yet. Prestonsburg (just like Raceland) don't mean anything but you want to win going into the playoffs. IMO the last 4 teams we play can beat us and beat us bad if we don't get the defense in line and bring our A game.
Ive watched almost every game this season and part of the problem is poor tackling. i lost count how many times the defense has hit the ball carrier in the backfield and failed to make the solid tackle. These kids work hard i understand but stop going for the big hit and wrap up lol.
In the pound Wrote:Ive watched almost every game this season and part of the problem is poor tackling. i lost count how many times the defense has hit the ball carrier in the backfield and failed to make the solid tackle. These kids work hard i understand but stop going for the big hit and wrap up lol.

Yep I will take a well wrapped tackle and drag the man down over a big hit all day long. I'm not impressed with a big hit unless it's the fold em like a lawn chair kind lol. I still think the D line isn't getting enough push and that is putting extra pressure on the linebackers and defensive backs. Those linebackers need some holes to get in and put some pressure on the QB. I am also to this point of the season still seeing a lot of players standing and watching someone else make the tackle instead of jumping in to help and that has burned this team a few times this year. IMO every problem this defense is having is very easy and quick to fix but they got to find a way to get these kids motivated. I see a lot of fire on the offense and guys jumping up and chest bumping on big plays and stuff like that so I would like to see some more fire on this defense. I still believe that this defense could catch fire and get on a run but I think a few personnel changes need to be made.
LC should win easy. After this week the hard part of the schedule starts with Raceland, PCC, Belfry, and Prestonsburg. Hopefully loading up the end of the schedule like this works better than last year.
The Dawgs
East Carter is horrible, this will be a running clock game for Lawrence County.
This game is already over.
Look for #17 Chaffins to take Daltons spot this week. Chaffins a very good athlete who is just a step slower than Dalton. Look for #24 Shaffer, TE, to be starting on defense at LB. Very solid up the middle, wraps up good. Had several stops in 2nd half of Breathitt game. 1st half should be all LC with 2nd half being liberal subs. I would challenge the defense to score more points in the 1st half than the offense. I would challenge the offense to have zero turnovers.
I hope this week that they start to play the best defensive lineup they have and get em all playing time together. I believe (like it or not) that Kiser needs to be on defense. The kid was a beast in the defensive backfield last year and they are going to need him the rest of this year. He is smart, quick and hits hard and wraps up and is probably the best on the team at reading an offense IMO. I still don't think that the 2 kids who were ejected before the bench clearing should be out, but I was thinking that it would be for 2 games but it will only be for 1 game so they will be good to go for the Raceland game.
One last thing I would like to add is about the kicking game. Cane we please stop giving the other team the ball at mid field or worse all night. It is very obvious that we have not worked on the kicking enough to put the ball where we want and try to get those angles like we want like they been trying all season. Just kick the dang thing as high and far as you can and put some faith in the team to make the tackle and if they can't then that is another problem. Or just squib kick the thing as hard and far as you can but we have got to make some poeple go the full leingth of the field from time to time so our defense aint in a hole from the get go. I think Lawrence County has given the opposing team the best field position average of any team in eastern Kentucky.
LClion4life Wrote:This game is already over.

Ouch....
ec 43-8
Do-double-gg Wrote:I hope this week that they start to play the best defensive lineup they have and get em all playing time together. I believe (like it or not) that Kiser needs to be on defense. The kid was a beast in the defensive backfield last year and they are going to need him the rest of this year. He is smart, quick and hits hard and wraps up and is probably the best on the team at reading an offense IMO. I still don't think that the 2 kids who were ejected before the bench clearing should be out, but I was thinking that it would be for 2 games but it will only be for 1 game so they will be good to go for the Raceland game.

Agree Kiser is one of the best on defense but its like a double edge sword, you can't take a chance on getting him hurt in playing a lot of defense. He is a great QB and definitely can't be without him in that position either. I would rather have him as QB than on defense. It would be hard to play on both sides. He definitely could handle it but a lot of risks involved.
Pages: 1 2