Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyd County @ Russell 9/19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts/predictions
I hope Russell comes out and plays as hard against Boyd as they did against Ashland and doesn't play down to the competition.
Well I hope to see the same Devils Greenup and Ironton saw, if it's the Devils that came to Ashland it'll be a long night for my Lions. Russell looked good tonight.
I think the Devils will be ready for this game.
Told you Russell would play lights out against Ashland. They won't play that hard against Boyd but should beat Boyd by many scores. 42-14
Russell takes this one with ease.
I hope coach Maynard uses the same offense that he used at Ashland. I've seen Boyd play 2 good offenses and Boyd did well against the run, especially between the tackles. Not to say Boyd would win, but it would play to their strengths and let them keep it respectable.
Always_A_Lion Wrote:I hope coach Maynard uses the same offense that he used at Ashland. I've seen Boyd play 2 good offenses and Boyd did well against the run, especially between the tackles. Not to say Boyd would win, but it would play to their strengths and let them keep it respectable.

Not sure I understand what you are trying to say. Maynard is not going to change the offense for Boyd. He may throw in some variations that may work against any Boyd's weaknesses. Please explain.
I was just saying that the offense Russell ran against Ashland plays to Boyd's strength on defense. Russell should still win but it would narrow the margin a bit. Boyd still would need to work out how to get points on the board, and that will be the problem for them. Boyd has improved alot since coach Gillum took over, but they have a long way to go. Boyd isn't good yet but they are improving. Russell should win this game, but even against a lesser opponent, if you play to their strengths it keeps things closer. That's all I was saying. Russell should still win by 3 TD's.
Russell should be so confident in themselves with that big win in Putnam Stadium. Conley is something else too. Russell wins this win by 3 touchdowns.
The devils win this one.
Russell by 14.
Russell 38
Boyd Co 18
Russell 49
Boyd County 13

:yawn:
Devils by 3 TD's.
The line is coming together on both sides of the ball for the Devils. I'll take the Devils by a lot.
Russell 42

Boyd County 14
Russell
Conley was a player against the Tomcats and I think he is just starting to scratch his potential. Another huge game for him individually and Russell pours it on Boyd County, 44 to 12.
Russell 49
Boyd County 21
Russell just too much for the Lions.

Russell 40
Boyd County 14
Russell needs to come out hard and not let up. They are good enough to beat anyone left on their schedule but not that overpowering that they can ease up or overlook anyone. They are beginning to come together.
Rapidly improving Red Devils roll over under-manned Lions.
Russell 38
Boyd Co. 9