Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 28 Southwestern 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
UGLY game for Belfry... Pirates cost themselves 100's of yards and points with penalties.

Keaton Taylor with a great game.

Pirates take a knee at the 5 at the end... pretty dominating win. LOTS to work on though.
Southwestern is much improved and Doan is tough... he broke free for a 77 yard TD run and SW had success driving in spurts.

Belfry with around 425 total yards.

Cole Bentley with a monster game defensively. Taylor rushes for around 170 and also has a long pass on his lone attempt.
If not for Belfry shooting themselves in the foot it could have been a lot worse. Seems like the D kept SW offense pretty much in check. K. Taylor had an awesome game. 12 carries 169 yards. And I believe 46 yards passing. D line played great. Horton Whitt and Bentley could be the best D line in 3A. Heard their names all night on the radio. And of coarse Haywood shows just how classy he is. Could have punched in another score but took the knee. Way to go pirates. Good game. On to Pikeville next week.
BELFRY
41 carries, 381 yards
Taylor 12 carries, 169 yards 1/1, 46 yards
Hatfield 14 carries, 91 yards
Wellman 6 carries, 28 yds
SW has a bright future.
Doan is a stud and the Edwards kid is the real deal as a Freshman
Ugh.
Good win.
A W is a W. On to the next one. Hopefully eliminate some mistakes/penalties.
Winning a "Bad" Game 28-7..I'll take it :biggrin:
Belfry left at least two scores on the field. Very sloppy game for Belfry or sloppy called game, I wasn't there so the finger points to the pirates. Belfry did dominate the game, need to work on cleaning up silly penalties and get prepared for a solid Pikeville team next week. Congrats Bucs!
Belfry doing what Belfry does. Winning.
Good Job Belfry!
Southwestern played us well. I think we left points on the board with some penalties (some that I wasn't sure about) and I think the score is a little closer than the game indicates, but SW is MUCH improved. Doan is a great back. I was a little frustrated on the trip home that we made some mistakes, but last year we beat a 2 win SW team by 11, and this year we beat a way better team by 21. So I can't complain - on to the next one.

Great job up front, btw, Belfry!
Belfry, was just what we thought they would be,BELFRY!! Game was not as close as the score indicates. Pirates are the favorites to repeat as CHAMPS if they can avoid any let down, would not be shocked if the go undefeated. Clean up some of the mistakes with the flags(poorly called game,was there) nothing should stop you but yourselves. Good win Pirates...
^ Most if not all of the illegal procedure penalties were legit. A couple of the others were questionable.

Southwestern really competed on the defensive front. Hatfield was just the difference. He is absurdly good, and because Southwestern had to sell out so hard on the fullback, Taylor was able to break some long runs. Taylor really showed how much of a weapon he can be keeping it - much more than Warren theast two years. Not saying Warren don't have other strengths.

#61 for Belfry "looks" like he should play for the Miami Dolphins. Wow, if that kid dedicates, he has the frame.
Belfry was their own worst enemy last night. The line on both sides showed their dominance had it not been for the penalties. Belfry also had a new weapon evolve last night. Taylor showed he has an awesome ability to run the ball and did a great job.