Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who's Next to Turn It Around?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I like success stories. I read often on this and other boards where someone will say a particular team will never be a winner. I'm enjoying Johnson Central's run. On a lesser plane is Knox Central, slowly but surely moving up. Jenkins is a great story, only a short time removed from totally cancelling football to making the playoffs. Clay County is making strides.

My list of formerly or currently downtrodden teams to watch is:

Knox Central
Whitley County
Letcher County
Clay County

Struggling teams that are not showing much improvement but I'm starting to see a move toward future respectablity are McCreary County and Knott Co. Central.

What do you think? Any others?
Look for Lawrence Co. to have some better days coming soon. Jr. high teams in that area are lookin good. If JC dont get them, which comes with winning!
I'll definately agree with your list... I am sstill not sold so much on the Clay County program as much as this wave of talent they are having.. I feel of the listed teams that LCC has the most upside, followed by Knox Central.

Whitley County is an odd situation because the entire program in general has been peaks and valleys... Whitley will go through years of being an elite team only to fall to a cellar dwellar the next season.
rainout Wrote:Look for Lawrence Co. to have some better days coming soon. Jr. high teams in that area are lookin good. If JC dont get them, which comes with winning!
With the new proposals passed by the KHSAA Johnson central better get them before their 8th grade year or else they would be deemed ineligible for a year because they didn't attend the JCHS feeder program.

Personally, I think before LC can get back to the level that we all remember them than some other major changes are necessary that has nothing to do with player personnel.
I can't get used to the idea of Lawrence as a downtrodden team. When I first saw them play in '99, they were outstanding. I can't believe how they've fallen on hard times.

Whitley has always had numbers and the new 6 class system should be a boon to them.
Estill Is Improving And Expect To See Great Teams In The Future!!!!
Estill was tough a cpl of yrs ago, nice running game!
Yea...Gone Back To That...Watch Out For Them Next YEAR
Belfry.. they may be strong again here in a few years lol
I can't believe I forgot Lincoln County in mentioning teams come back to the top
Sheldon Clark.. Their middle school team won the conference.. And Youth league is in the playoffs
Clay County, Magoffin County, Pike Central

Those are the only teams I really see turning there programs around in the next few seasons.
Jenkins is VERY CLOSE!!!! I really do believe that. They need to get an IN-SCHOOL weightlifting Program there, because if not, they are a head below everyone else and always will be..They need some backing from someone!