Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: School pay to play other teams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Question is do high teams pay or have contracts to play other teams? If so how much is it usually to invite a team to play ?
Depends usually $3,000 to $5,000 and this is done in contract form. If a team cancels on another they pay the fee. It assures that games do get played. Contracts usually happen every two years.
Bowling Green paid $5,000 to cancel their game with Blackman Tn. this year.
^
I think that's the same that Whitley paid to get out of two different games.

From the looks of it, it was a smart move.
Every varsity contest has a contract and a forfeit fee. Sometimes larger schools or bowl organizations like the Pike County Bowl will give a stipend to other visiting schools.
If all the local cable companies and stations keep covering the games, I think it will be hard for teams to get the gate to pay the visiting teams. I think the schools are gonna have to start charging all these companies that want to film. This because everyone wants to set at home and watch instead of coming and buying a ticket.
mysonis55 Wrote:If all the local cable companies and stations keep covering the games, I think it will be hard for teams to get the gate to pay the visiting teams. I think the schools are gonna have to start charging all these companies that want to film. This because everyone wants to set at home and watch instead of coming and buying a ticket.

I think this will be a big problem in High School sports (in near future) with the ability to stream with 4G and LTE most local TV stations can stream the games live with a very inexpensive camera and Iphone. High Schools will start to consider a broadcasting fee when this starts drawing away ticket buyers. I know our Community access channel is already doing game of the week between the 3 local high schools for live TV.....so you can stay home and watch Bell vs Middlesboro this week on TV or online Live its impressive but it will most certainly steal money from sports programs. especially when weather starts getting cold or on rainy nights