Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: New players at Perry Central
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I heard today that perry central had five transfers fron New York. Has anyone else heard anything and if so what are their names and how good are they?
They also got 2 from Nigeria and 1 from the Sudan who is 7'2" with a 46 inch vertical.
This Knott County fan just heard the news.

46 inch vertical.. Riiigghhtt...
pcc the next cordia?
Going to make it even funnier when Buckhorn beats them again.
[YOUTUBE="Knott County Reacts"]YersIyzsOpc?t[/YOUTUBE]
That child needs some help.
I dunno if this is true or not...
but if these kids are just rolling in and joining the team then it's the same shenanigans that got the death penalty over at Cordia.

Maybe since these guys won't be put up in their own private apartments next to the school it will end better...
but I won't believe anything until I see it.
That's the new outreach post for underprivileged kids, Rhodes is their new assistant and Sally Struthers will be there later this evening to start a new feed the children program. Go Pcc lol.
I dont care who PCC gets, beating a team like Knott Central will be a monumental task. Not that Knott is so athletic or anything but that group has been playing together for such a long long time. Gonna be hard for anyone to beat them. Dont know if you could take the best in the region and combine them and still beat Knott. Good luck Commodores, hope you can pull it off.
So where will the Perry County kids go?
Perry has already added Whitmore (Breathitt) and Blair (Buckhorn). I don't understand why Perry would want to add anymore players!
Perry returned Beverly, Tobler, Hill, Turner, Neace, Pray and had Dunn and Lawson coming up.
It's called: end of the bench
Perry Central has a bigger recruiting budget than Cordia had.
I loved it when they got on here and bad mouthed Cordia. You would have thought that they had never ever played a kid that had started preschool in the Perry system. The only difference is MONEY.
[quote=The_Rock]I dont care who PCC gets, beating a team like Knott Central will be a monumental task. Not that Knott is so athletic or anything but that group has been playing together for such a long long time. Gonna be hard for anyone to beat them. Dont know if you could take the best in the region and combine them and still beat Knott. Good luck Commodores, hope you can pull it off.[/QUOTE

Hazard beat them last year and if perry added what they say then Knott won't beat them. They barely beat perry in region last year without adding anyone. Knott is still #1 in the region but that may be short lived.
This is getting to be ridiculous!
BREAKING NEWS:.........

HAZARD KENTUCKY - It is rumored that Billy Gillespie will be the next head coach at Perry Central High School. He has recently purchased a liquor store in the area, and he is looking for a good halfway house to move into. He has also, through help from the board of education, remodeled the equipment room on campus to make room for the new players on campus. It is outfitted with several bunkbeds, PlayStation, a common place toilet, as well as received several donations of MRE's(Meals Read to Eat) that should last the players the entire school year. This arrangement will also work towards any and all transportation issues that may arise with the new crop. Get ready, "BillyBall" is coming to Hazard.

In a related story, the Perry County Tourism Board is meeting with several community leaders to discuss bringing a new educational choice for the students in Perry County. They are adamite this is in no relation to the athletic programs of Perry County. The new name of the school in question has already been approved to be, "East KY New York Preparatory Academy."
hitter Wrote:I heard today that perry central had five transfers fron New York. Has anyone else heard anything and if so what are their names and how good are they?

If this is true, I don't see how they are going to get by with this. Also, Whitmore who was Breathitt's best returning player left Breathitt to attend PCC. IMO, it doesn't matter who Perry brings in, because the regional championship will once again belong to KCC.
Cat Daddy Wrote:If this is true, I don't see how they are going to get by with this. Also, Whitmore who was Breathitt's best returning player left Breathitt to attend PCC. IMO, it doesn't matter who Perry brings in, because the regional championship will once again belong to KCC.

I'd wait before I crowned them so soon. They barely got by Hazard last year in the region tournament. The played Hazard three times. Hazard beat them once and the other two games Knott won by a single basket both games. Now Hazard did lose five seniors I think? I think Knott lost three off their team. If Perry gets the breathitt kid and even just one or two others, then they will absolutely be able to beat Knott. They have a good enough coach to make that work. Not too mention there are a couple teams in the region that can upset Knott in a post season situation. Their the #1 team in the region and will most likely stay in that spot all year. However, they are capable of being beat come tourney time. Hazard almost upset them last year during the tourney. They have a bad tendency in certain situations to "play down" to their competition. Most teams that are head and shoulders above the rest can usually pull out those games regardless. However, they may not be that above everybody else as you may think? They are the beat team in the 14th no doubt about it. But the teams below them can still upset them and I don't think they'll repeat this year. There is more than one team that has made great improvements and if Perry has the new players this year then they are another team added to that list.
I would have loved to have seen Knott in a good holiday tournament this year though? There are so many and it would have given them some awesome competition to prepare them down the line. Between the Republic Bank at Lex. catch, the LIT in Louisville, the KABC Hall of Fame Tournament, King of the Bluegrass, Toyota Classic, ect.

Don't get me wrong they got lucky to have gotten to play the best teams in the two tourneys they are in, but if they hadn't, then their schedule would not have been that great. The Ky Bank Challenge is not that great of a tournament anymore. I just think anytime there is a team from eastern Kentucky that has a shot to go to the state tournament and win a couple games, they should do everything they can to beef up their schedule as much as possible. Cov Cath and Hopkinsville are the best teams in those two tournaments and they got a great deal in playing them, but those other tournaments need to have eastern KY representatives if their ever going to compete past the region.
baseball1974 Wrote:I would have loved to have seen Knott in a good holiday tournament this year though? There are so many and it would have given them some awesome competition to prepare them down the line. Between the Republic Bank at Lex. catch, the LIT in Louisville, the KABC Hall of Fame Tournament, King of the Bluegrass, Toyota Classic, ect.

Don't get me wrong they got lucky to have gotten to play the best teams in the two tourneys they are in, but if they hadn't, then their schedule would not have been that great. The Ky Bank Challenge is not that great of a tournament anymore. I just think anytime there is a team from eastern Kentucky that has a shot to go to the state tournament and win a couple games, they should do everything they can to beef up their schedule as much as possible. Cov Cath and Hopkinsville are the best teams in those two tournaments and they got a great deal in playing them, but those other tournaments need to have eastern KY representatives if their ever going to compete past the region.

They are playing in the Beach Ball Classic in Myrtle Beach. Probably one of the top ten holiday tournaments in the nation! They will get all the competition the can handle!!!
baseball1974 Wrote:I'd wait before I crowned them so soon. They barely got by Hazard last year in the region tournament. The played Hazard three times. Hazard beat them once and the other two games Knott won by a single basket both games. Now Hazard did lose five seniors I think? I think Knott lost three off their team. If Perry gets the breathitt kid and even just one or two others, then they will absolutely be able to beat Knott. They have a good enough coach to make that work. Not too mention there are a couple teams in the region that can upset Knott in a post season situation. Their the #1 team in the region and will most likely stay in that spot all year. However, they are capable of being beat come tourney time. Hazard almost upset them last year during the tourney. They have a bad tendency in certain situations to "play down" to their competition. Most teams that are head and shoulders above the rest can usually pull out those games regardless. However, they may not be that above everybody else as you may think? They are the beat team in the 14th no doubt about it. But the teams below them can still upset them and I don't think they'll repeat this year. There is more than one team that has made great improvements and if Perry has the new players this year then they are another team added to that list.

Why compare this year to last year? Mean's absolutely nothing!!!
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:They are playing in the Beach Ball Classic in Myrtle Beach. Probably one of the top ten holiday tournaments in the nation! They will get all the competition the can handle!!!

Has that just recently been added? Its not on their schedule on the KHSAA website, but they only have 21 games listed with two tournaments. There isn't a myrtle beach tournament though? That would be a great one though.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Why compare this year to last year? Mean's absolutely nothing!!!

It may not technically "mean" anything but it does speak towards their beatability
baseball1974 Wrote:Has that just recently been added? Its not on their schedule on the KHSAA website, but they only have 21 games listed with two tournaments. There isn't a myrtle beach tournament though? That would be a great one though.

You'll find that the KHSAA website is not %100 accurate!
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:You'll find that the KHSAA website is not %100 accurate!

After the Bank Challenge ends on the 21st there isn't another game on the KHSAA website until January 2nd. So that is a good amount of time to go to the beach. That's great they are playing in that. That alone will help them more than anything if they win the region. The more tournaments the better prepared you are for the post season.
Well I will bet the farm on Knott Central to win the Region this year. They have their entire Core Group back and they added Johnny Basketball so they will be the favorite. Not sure what the Commodores will have but I do know they have a heck of a coach. Question is, will the gel together? And Hazard lost big Chris Hudson and the Thompson kid. Them are big shoes to fill.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:You'll find that the KHSAA website is not %100 accurate!

Scott County appears to be in it as well and its not on their schedule either. They probably don't have dates and times ready. Here are the other teams that are playing in it.....

BEACHBALL CLASSIC - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina December 26th - 31st

Bishop Gorman – (NV)
East Carteret – (NC)
Franklin HS – (OH)
Hough – (NC)
Knott County – (KY)
Mullins HS – (SC)
Myrtle Beach HS – (SC)
Northland – (OH)
North Little Rock – (AR)
Sagemont – (FL)
Scott County – (KY)