Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The Pagentry and the Theatrics of High School Football
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's no secret that I am a huge JC fan... and just as big of an Old School Pro Wrestling fan (1985-1992)

For most towns in Kentucky... and you all know it's true, the biggest events are Friday Night Football games, Funerals and Festivals.

As the title of this thread I love The Pagentry and the Theatrics of High School Football. Each teams different pre-game warm-up, their entrance to the field, the different cheers each team has...

It's like each team is their own pro wrestler and the fans are their "Hulkamanics", "Stingers" or "Members of the YES Movement"

Does anybody else feel the same way... or am I just crazy?
I-RT-24 Iso Wrote:http://www.ihigh.com/school7174/video_926506.html

I wish the JCTV staff could use the actual music that was playing that night.....
but I bet the GoPro they were using had to much background noise.

By the way.... I do the music for the JC football games.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I wish the JCTV staff could use the actual music that was playing that night.....
but I bet the GoPro they were using had to much background noise.

By the way.... I do the music for the JC football games.

We know...haha. You have made that fairly clear over the past few years.
DALE Wrote:We know...haha. You have made that fairly clear over the past few years.

:headphone
Pulp Fiction Wrote:It's no secret that I am a huge JC fan... and just as big of an Old School Pro Wrestling fan (1985-1992)

For most towns in Kentucky... and you all know it's true, the biggest events are Friday Night Football games, Funerals and Festivals.

As the title of this thread I love The Pagentry and the Theatrics of High School Football. Each teams different pre-game warm-up, their entrance to the field, the different cheers each team has...

It's like each team is their own pro wrestler and the fans are their "Hulkamanics", "Stingers" or "Members of the YES Movement"

Does anybody else feel the same way... or am I just crazy?[/QUOTE]

Football Funerals and Festivals!! :lmao:

YOUR'RE CRAZY!! And yes, I feel the same way. Nice not be crazy alone!!

[quote=DALE]We know...haha. You have made that fairly clear over the past few years.

How many times has he said that???

Listen, I get chills every time I hear Brad Paisley blasting over our speakers. I love it, and don't feel that I need to explain that to ANYBODY!! I love mountain football!!!
I'm a bit of a traditionalist, but understand the power of music to create mood.

Cons ....I know most schools play some songs during warms ups but this new deal where everyone has a sound board and plays music in between every play and timeouts so that you can't hear yourself thing or talk to the people you came to the game with I'm out on. plus if it's so loud I have to talk loud or directly in your ear I'm out. It takes away from the family atmosphere that all high school sport should be.

Pros I really enjoy bands, team songs, and Pump up music.... when I was a freshmen Bell co use to come to the field to Iron-man played by the band with a drum set and electric guitar it was pretty awesome .. I do enjoy fights songs and some warm up music but lets not kill the atmosphere of high school football by overdoing the music
Granny Bear Wrote:[quote=Pulp Fiction]It's no secret that I am a huge JC fan... and just as big of an Old School Pro Wrestling fan (1985-1992)

Does anybody else feel the same way... or am I just crazy?[/QUOTE]

Football Funerals and Festivals!! :lmao:

YOUR'RE CRAZY!! And yes, I feel the same way. Nice not be crazy alone!!

How many times has he said that???

Listen, I get chills every time I hear Brad Paisley blasting over our speakers. I love it, and don't feel that I need to explain that to ANYBODY!! I love mountain football!!!

Not enough GB..... Not Enough.

Too bad I'm not a Harlan Co. fan GB, I could make some serious clips for Harlan Co. as much as "Harlan County" is popular media.
I think it would be a cool idea for teams/schools to have theme nights at their home games.... And yes, I know everybody wouldn't do it, but just think of the options.

Example: Have the students that could & would dress in costumes (Super Hero's, Old School Pro Wrestlers, TV/Movie characters, Zombies) or whatever they chose to do.

Example: If a team is playing with a mascot such as "The Hornets".... have the fans bring home made, larger than average fly swatters and cans of Raid.

Example: If a team has a recruit being scouted by a big-time D1 school, have the fans wear the colors and have signs form that schools rival.

And yes, some of the haters on here will say that is being disrespectful and that shows no-class...... and to those people, you're probably the type of person that would print off what I say on here and show it the head coach of your team like your doing something special. And don't give me the lines of "We Are Better Than That" or "We Dont Want To Win That Way".... cause both of those lines are crazy. You and I both know their are teams you want to beat no matter the cost. Doesn't matter if it's on bad referee calls... their star player is out... you send over old food to their locker room so they all get sick.... everybody has that team they hate and want to beat. I know for JC... we want to beat Belfry, Ashland and Paintsville in every sport we play against them.

If your home field advantage pumps the players up, gets the fans involved and causes the visiting team to get frustrated & get them off their game plan, then I say Mission Accomplished.
You must enjoy the "Nature Boy" entrance at Belfry Pulp. WOOOOOOOOOOO
irishcard16 Wrote:You must enjoy the "Nature Boy" entrance at Belfry Pulp. WOOOOOOOOOOO

I have an idea of what I would compose if I did Belfry's music.... it would be epic.
Nothing more will ever happen until he quits coaching I'm surprised he has let them do as much as he has.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I think it would be a cool idea for teams/schools to have theme nights at their home games.... And yes, I know everybody wouldn't do it, but just think of the options.

Example: Have the students that could & would dress in costumes (Super Hero's, Old School Pro Wrestlers, TV/Movie characters, Zombies) or whatever they chose to do.

Example: If a team is playing with a mascot such as "The Hornets".... have the fans bring home made, larger than average fly swatters and cans of Raid.

Example: If a team has a recruit being scouted by a big-time D1 school, have the fans wear the colors and have signs form that schools rival.

And yes, some of the haters on here will say that is being disrespectful and that shows no-class...... and to those people, you're probably the type of person that would print off what I say on here and show it the head coach of your team like your doing something special. And don't give me the lines of "We Are Better Than That" or "We Dont Want To Win That Way".... cause both of those lines are crazy. You and I both know their are teams you want to beat no matter the cost. Doesn't matter if it's on bad referee calls... their star player is out... you send over old food to their locker room so they all get sick.... everybody has that team they hate and want to beat. I know for JC... we want to beat Belfry, Ashland and Paintsville in every sport we play against them.

If your home field advantage pumps the players up, gets the fans involved and causes the visiting team to get frustrated & get them off their game plan, then I say Mission Accomplished.

We used to dress up when I was in high school! LOL It was amazing. When we were Trojans at the old Cawood High School, there was one girl that would dress up and carry a sword on her horse. Lee County Virginia also had a general on a horse. Both were just beautiful!!!

BUT, I draw the line at sending old food anywhere....even to the opposing team!! Pulp, I am shocked!!!
Granny Bear Wrote:We used to dress up when I was in high school! LOL It was amazing. When we were Trojans at the old Cawood High School, there was one girl that would dress up and carry a sword on her horse. Lee County Virginia also had a general on a horse. Both were just beautiful!!!

BUT, I draw the line at sending old food anywhere....even to the opposing team!! Pulp, I am shocked!!!

Tell me you've seen that episode of "Coach"...
When Craig T. Nelson goes to the NFL and coaches the Orlando Breakers. They travel to a city (I forget which one) and a restaurant supplies their team with old food. The whole team gets food posioning. NO.... NOBODY FROM JC WOULD EVER DO THAT (My church fixed the pre-game meal last Saturday for JC and Mastery Charter North) THAT WAS JUST AN EXAMPLE!!!

When I get home GB, I'll post that video from Coach on your FB if I can find it.
Interesting thread !!

Considering Prestonsburg has emphasized the black school color over the past 15 years. And considering the school mascot, it'd be cool if the school would embrace the entire Halloween environment thing. There'd be LOADS of graphic, effects, and music material !!

:Thumbs:

I have ONE question about JC which maybe you could answer.... Why is the drawing on the middle of the football field and on the school sign out front a "Bald Eagle" when the school's mascot is a "Golden Eagle" ?!?

Confusedhh: Confusedhh:
I use to love the character that the old schools had..The things you dreaded and looked forward to at the same time as a player and as a fan. The DustBowl at Neon..The dark endzone at Whitesburg, the old Elkhorn City field and pretty much walking through their fans lines to get to the field. I even miss hearing the Phelps announcer telling the defense where the opponents ball was and who had it, lol. Just so many things.....
oneijoe Wrote:Interesting thread !!

Considering Prestonsburg has emphasized the black school color over the past 15 years. And considering the school mascot, it'd be cool if the school would embrace the entire Halloween environment thing. There'd be LOADS of graphic, effects, and music material !!

:Thumbs:

I have ONE question about JC which maybe you could answer.... Why is the drawing on the middle of the football field and on the school sign out front a "Bald Eagle" when the school's mascot is a "Golden Eagle" ?!?

Confusedhh: Confusedhh:

If I had a nickel......
I believe the proper music can really work to the physiological advantage as can the proper crowd participation. Good game music doesn't mean a pile a rap garbage and some old AC/DC either, but real truly properly selected music for entrance, halftime, warmups all can work together to set an atmosphere.

I know these are college but 1,2 and 5 in this video give me shivers
[YOUTUBE=" "]E9CVx_fQAqY[/YOUTUBE]

There is nothing that says a high school football game can't be as shiver inducing especially when you get big crowds like many in our state do, at least our mountain teams.