Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How Would You Rank 4A? (Week 3)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. Covington Catholic
2. Highlands

3. Boyle County
4. LexCath

5. Johnson Central
6. Owensboro

7. Franklin-Simpson
8. Ashland
9. North Oldham
10. Collins
11. Knox Central
12. Mercer County
13. Warren East
14. Madisonville-North Hopkins
15. Spencer County
Looks pretty good, I would leave out the "gaps" though!
JC is good this year..... a lot of younger players are stepping up and playing better than most outsiders expected.

#5 is respectful... but until we are tested, I really can't buy-in to the #5 spot.

After we play our next three games on the road... then I will say if the #5 spot is legit.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:1. Covington Catholic
2. Highlands

3. Boyle County
4. LexCath

5. Johnson Central
6. Owensboro

7. Franklin-Simpson
8. Ashland
9. North Oldham
10. Collins
11. Knox Central
12. Mercer County
13. Warren East
15. Spencer County

Collins that low?? Boyle better than Lex Cath?
I thought Lex Cath's awesome QB from last year was a senior this year?

As for Cov Cath and Highlands... The Colonels do look better at this point in time.... Can't wait for that game it will be an old fashioned Birds and Colonels brawl.
There really should be a nickname for the Highlands vs Cov Cath game like the Blue Bowl or something.
Looks pretty solid to me.
Id leave out the gaps too and put Lexington Catholic ahead of Boyle County for now.
Franklin Simpson is really playing well. They are young, but very aggressive. The young players are really stepping up.
Where is the Rock?
E's Army Wrote:Where is the Rock?

We have to earn it. Take care of the games we should and beat Knox and we'll slip in.
birdman44 Wrote:Collins that low?? Boyle better than Lex Cath?
I thought Lex Cath's awesome QB from last year was a senior this year?

As for Cov Cath and Highlands... The Colonels do look better at this point in time.... Can't wait for that game it will be an old fashioned Birds and Colonels brawl.
There really should be a nickname for the Highlands vs Cov Cath game like the Blue Bowl or something.

Start the season one week later.
Call the first meeting of the season the Pre-Game, and the second would have the be played one day early and be of course, The Turkey Bowl.
E's Army Wrote:Where is the Rock?

We got to beat someone first. I like the direction we are headed but We haven't proven anything yet.
Based on what I have seen in the scores and SOS this could be wide open this year. IMO I am thinking that Boyle might be best. Will know more after they play Anderson Co. this week. I also think Owensboro might be best of the West and host BG this weekend. Not saying they are going to win but could be measuring stick.
BoyleCounty Wrote:Id leave out the gaps too and put Lexington Catholic ahead of Boyle County for now.

Mighty kind of you sir to mention that, considering Lex Cath and Boyle Co had been a rival in their district and will be again when they move down to 3A. In all fairness, Lex Cath did loose to BG and a tough LHS who gave and probably should have beaten Scott Co. It's generous to say but looking at 7-3 or 6-4 for the Knights and perhaps another show down with Boyle Co in the regional final.
I would slide Johnson central in 4 spot
EKUAlum05 Wrote:1. Covington Catholic
2. Highlands

3. Boyle County
4. LexCath

5. Johnson Central
6. Owensboro

7. Franklin-Simpson
8. Ashland
9. North Oldham
10. Collins
11. Knox Central
12. Mercer County
13. Warren East
15. Spencer County

Looks pretty solid. Just to bad that Covington Cath, FT Highland, Lexington Cath and Boyle Co will be moving on to a different class next season. Those 4 are/ were the staple of that class.