Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How Would You Rank 1A? (Week 3)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
1. Mayfield

2. Frankfort
3. Williamsburg
4. Beechwood

5. Pikeville
6. Raceland
7. Russellville

8. Hazard
9. Campbellsville
10. Fairview

11. Lou. Holy Cross
12. Paris
13. Ludlow
14. Bellevue
15. Paintsville
I would have Beechwood ahead of the burg. I would also have Russellville a bit higher. Holy Cross also is better than Campbellsville and Fairview. I think Fairview is better than Campbellsville.
As of right now

1 Mayfield
2 Frankfort
3 Williamsburg
4 Pikeville
5 Beechwood
6 Raceland
7 Russellville
8 Hazard
9 Campbellsville
10 Paintsville

And yes I think pikeville is very worthy of the 4 spot right now because they have 3 solid wins. Beechwood has been down since the end of the 2011 and tradition alone has carried them alone. Yes they are Beechwood but not the powerhouses they have been but an above average team just like everyone else except mayfield. Beechwood is 0-2 they compete fairly well against the Ohio school in there first game and was dominated in there 2nd game by Dixie. It tells me they have quite a ways to go to be in the top 3 where they will ne ranked.
I suspect you will change that in a few weeks. They always start off this way against the big schools. They figure things out by using them games. They will rebound.
bac2369 Wrote:As of right now

1 Mayfield
2 Frankfort
3 Williamsburg
4 Pikeville
5 Beechwood
6 Raceland
7 Russellville
8 Hazard
9 Campbellsville
10 Paintsville

And yes I think pikeville is very worthy of the 4 spot right now because they have 3 solid wins. Beechwood has been down since the end of the 2011 and tradition alone has carried them alone. Yes they are Beechwood but not the powerhouses they have been but an above average team just like everyone else except mayfield. Beechwood is 0-2 they compete fairly well against the Ohio school in there first game and was dominated in there 2nd game by Dixie. It tells me they have quite a ways to go to be in the top 3 where they will ne ranked.

Here i go again agreeing with bac2369 except williamsburg should be #2 and Hazard #6 Raceland #8....well maybe i didn't agree with bac2369 Confusednicker:
In there next 4 games two of those should be wins and the other two are toss ups. So if they win those two and lose the Franklin County and Cov Catholic games then I expect Beechwood to win out and finish the regular season at
6-4. We also should get a fair assessment since Franklin county plays beechwood and Frankfort in back to back weeks.
64SUR Wrote:Here i go again agreeing with bac2369 except williamsburg should be #2 and Hazard #6 Raceland #8....well maybe i didn't agree with bac2369 Confusednicker:

I give credit to where it's deserved. Raceland playing Ashland tough with two D1 players with legit speed is worthy. But the other games were warm ups and they took care of business like they were suppose too.
1. Mayfield

2. Frankfort
3a. Williamsburg
3b. Pikeville
5. Beechwood

6. Raceland
7. Russellville
8. Hazard

9. Fairview
10. Campbellsville

11. Lou. Holy Cross
12. Paris
13. Ludlow
14. Bellevue
15. Paintsville
^Pikeville and Williamsburg better than Frankfort IMO...
OldJacket Wrote:^Pikeville and Williamsburg better than Frankfort IMO...

Tell us why you think that?
Pikeville is really good this year. Coach Mac has them rolling. Should finish 9-1....Only loss being Belfry. Sucks that they are in an awful district.
Because he is from Williamsburg.
1. Williamsburg
1a. Mayfield
3. Pikeville
4. Frankfort
5. Raceland
6. Russellville
7. Hazard
8. Holy Cross (Louisville)
9. Bethlehem
10. Beechwood

A whole lot of teams have passed up beechwood over the past few years. The name alone won't help them this year. Williamsburg has done a lot and I feel like have passed up or possibly even with Mayfield. Holy Cross is going to surprise some people and Pikeville will most likely lose only one game this year. Teams should really fear Raceland watching how they played with Ashland. They could upset anyone. I added Beechwood but I'm not sure their even worthy of #10? Coming off an 8-5 season when everyone else on this list except Holy Cross is coming off double digit wins from last year.

Wink
Wins are harder to come by win you play quality opp.
baseball1974 Wrote:1. Williamsburg
1a. Mayfield
3. Pikeville
4. Frankfort
5. Raceland
6. Russellville
7. Hazard
8. Holy Cross (Louisville)
9. Bethlehem
10. Beechwood

A whole lot of teams have passed up beechwood over the past few years. The name alone won't help them this year. Williamsburg has done a lot and I feel like have passed up or possibly even with Mayfield. Holy Cross is going to surprise some people and Pikeville will most likely lose only one game this year. Teams should really fear Raceland watching how they played with Ashland. They could upset anyone. I added Beechwood but I'm not sure their even worthy of #10? Coming off an 8-5 season when everyone else on this list except Holy Cross is coming off double digit wins from last year.

Wink
All are entitled to their opinion but BW at 10 is laughable.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:All are entitled to their opinion but BW at 10 is laughable.

If you really believe that then you need to get out and watch more football. Every team on this list finished ahead of beechwood last year. Not just on their record but in the playoffs too. Holy Cross got to the same round and probably would've advanced if not for Mayfield. I know its hard to swallow but beechwood is at the end of this list and all it takes is a sleeper team to pop up and they could be completely out of the top 10? I don't like it either but its just how it is. Beechwood is no longer feared. They use to be feared by several 6A programs as well, but if they don't decide to do something quick their going to turn into a homecoming or senior night team.

There's definitely a "rash' going around in beechwood. Everybody be careful. Hahahaha sorry bad joke
I really think you are underestimating them. We still expect it to be either Beechwood or Frankfort in the semi finals. We also expect whoever wins that to be one of the toughest opponents we will play all year if we get that far.
mysonis55 Wrote:I really think you are underestimating them. We still expect it to be either Beechwood or Frankfort in the semi finals. We also expect whoever wins that to be one of the toughest opponents we will play all year if we get that far.

I could be very wrong. I am simply going off of a foundation that should flow over to this year with other schools. If that happens then yes beechwood will be towards the bottom. But its high school and anything can happen. They could take more pride in the name on the jersey and win out? Who knows right now?

1 Mayfield
2 Frankfort
3 Williamsburg
4 Pikeville
5 Beechwood
6 Raceland
7 Russellville
8 Hazard
9 Campbellsville
10 Paintsville

I like it.. Well done..
mysonis55 Wrote:I suspect you will change that in a few weeks. They always start off this way against the big schools. They figure things out by using them games. They will rebound.

It's not rebounding.. It's all of a sudden playing Holy Cross, Bellevue, Ludlow and Dayton.. Playing those teams always seem to have that affect of figuring things out.. Truth of the matter is, they're not very strong in the trenches and when they play teams that are, they get beat. They aren't the Beechwwod team of the 90s and early 00s.. What's happened, I have no idea, but, it's not even close and anyone who can't see that, simply aren't looking..
I sure hope our boys are not as overconfident as you guys are if we face them.
I think beechwood has been mayfields toughest opponent in 1a the last few years. 2010, and 2012 in particular, so I don't understand why everyone thinks they are that bad. if they was on the east side of the bracket they would have been in finals a couple of times in the last few years.
killbilly usmc Wrote:I think beechwood has been mayfields toughest opponent in 1a the last few years. 2010, and 2012 in particular, so I don't understand why everyone thinks they are that bad. if they was on the east side of the bracket they would have been in finals a couple of times in the last few years.

I'm not saying their horrible but if the other teams on the list are coming off double digit wins and have 16+ seniors, and they went as far or for the majority farther than beechwood in the playoffs, then how can you justify ranking them higher than those teams?

As far as where you are on the bracket, most teams can say that..
play beechwoods schedule ,and your team wouldn't win as many. Last year beechwood played Frankfort tough, and Frankfort was a lot better than Williamsburg. There were 4 teams on the west side better than the burg. Most years I wouldn't say that, but last year I think the west was unusually strong overall.
mysonis55 Wrote:Wins are harder to come by win you play quality opp.

Your intelligence amazes me!!!!!!!!!
This is exactly why I would like to see the old consolation game. How do you think it would have went between Frankfort and Raceland last year?
Frankfort, Russellville, and beechwood would have beat the bejesus out of raceland or Williamsburg 55.
killbilly usmc Wrote:play beechwoods schedule ,and your team wouldn't win as many. Last year beechwood played Frankfort tough, and Frankfort was a lot better than Williamsburg. There were 4 teams on the west side better than the burg. Most years I wouldn't say that, but last year I think the west was unusually strong overall.

With the exception of a couple eastern schools the rest of them play just as hard. This list will change week to week. Losing out of the gate like that isn't a great sign. This isn't the beechwood of old where half of your win consisted of showing up. Use to other teams would know you all were next on the schedule and they'd immediately get discouraged. Now teams know they can beat beechwood and you're going to get everyone's A game every week. They can do it but I'm just going off right now and how its looking.
So that's why we get everyone's best shot anymore, they know they can beat us. I guarantee you we get everyone's best game each time we play them.

1 Mayfield
2 Frankfort
3 Williamsburg
4 Pikeville
5 Beechwood
6 Raceland
7 Russellville
8 Hazard
9 Campbellsville
10 Paintsville

looks about right.
Pages: 1 2 3