Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mayfield 47 Paducah Tilghman 21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Close game for 3 quarters then the Cardinals turned it on.
May field has got to cut down the penalties, and turnovers. This team would be almost unstoppable if they can do that.
They still look pretty darn good with them. This young team will grow and those things will stop before district play.
How much rushing yards did mayfield have?
Mayfield sort of rushed at will. I think in excess of 450 yards easy.

Tilghman is woefully undersized and outmanned at nearly every position. They are playing a 5-4 outside LB, that's five feet four inches tall, not a defensive set. I think if PT's QB had any time at all, he could put up some pretty impressive stats.

Unfortunately, time is something he does not have.
He had lots of time back there. For God's sake our boys were getting tired chasing him. He just couldn't get an open rec. he would then run it for a good gain or throw it out of bounds.
I am gonna try to give you some stats. These are what I can get from the Sun, since they have quit giving a stat line. I got this from the story instead.

MHS Rushing
Bright 25 carries for 193 yds and 3 td's
Tyler 14 carries for 107 yds

MHS passing
Arnett 11-13 for 4 td's and 1 int

MHS receiving
Kennemore 98 yds and 3 td's
Bacon unknown except for 1 30 yd td

PT top rusher
Sherrill 5 times for 79 yds

PT passing
Dunigan 11-22 and 2 ints
Good win for The M!

Anytime you beat the Blue Tornado it is a good night!
I think PT is better than some think
Trajon Bright had those great stats on his birthday. He turned 15.
mysonis55 Wrote:MHS Rushing
Bright 25 carries for 193 yds and 3 td's
Tyler 14 carries for 107 yds

MHS passing
Arnett 11-13 for 4 td's and 1 int

MHS receiving
Kennemore 98 yds and 3 td's
Bacon unknown except for 1 30 yd td

PT top rusher
Sherrill 5 times for 79 yds

PT passing
Dunigan 11-22 and 2 ints
Does anybody defense out west this year....Just sayin. :Sad04:
64SUR Wrote:Does anybody defense out west this year....Just sayin. :Sad04:

I have a feeling you will find out.Confusedhh:
Everyone is talking about the game that Bright had and they should but I have to give a shout out to the offensive line. We had a starter missing last night and #58 Charles (can't remember his last name)stepped in and played a heck of a game. This kid didn't even play ball last year and here he is making a great contribution. The line did a great job tonight and made some big holes for our backs to run. Great job boys.
Charles Jackson. He used to be a gamer for that junior bunch. I'm glad to see him back. Word from those close to the action is that the coaches think he could take just about anyone's spot on the line. I saw the older Brimer submarine for a few solid stops last night as well.
I think tilghman will open some eyes in the playoffs. They are not a bad team. Just the victim of tough scheduling. Plus they are getting better, and better.
I'm interested in how they do against little brother this week.
I finally got a stat line. The Messenger still carries one. I just wish that I didn't have to wait until. Monday to get it.

Mayfield
Rushing 334 yards
Passing 167 yards
Total 501 yards
First downs 18
Fumbles- lost 4-1
Penalties 9-60

PT
Rushing yards 144
Passing yards 110
Total yards 254
First downs 9