Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sycamore (OH) 34 Ryle 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sycamore played a good game. I was impressed with there Young QB & RB combination.

Ryle gifted them the score almost by turning the ball over 6 times in the first half. They really defeated themselves with stupid turnovers and penalties.

If you take away the horrid amount of turnovers I believe there D played well and believe they will play decent in NKY play. This Sycamore team would beat most of NKY's finest.

Ryle played alot better in the second half taking better control of the ball and moving the ball on offense. As a Raider fan I am disappointed but saw improvements in areas that have killed us so far this year. Sycamore left there varsity in till the 4th at which point they had half Varsity half JV. Ryle scored on two beautiful passes from Soph QB O'Hara.
I have watched alot of Ryle football in my time in Union and do believe there best option at QB is the Soph. Throws a great ball and you can tell that a few TDs gave him the confidence others lack. He in my eyes is the best option to win as your other QB has had 3 chances and has been unsuccessful. He has had the time in the pocket that ppl complained about last year. He is a senior and hopefully can gain playing time at another position but I believe the Soph is the best option to win and will be your starter for the future. Start now.

Ryle has played 3 stout teams. Cooper game was 12 - 3 and have proved to be a solid team. Scott County is arguably the best in the State & Sycamore is a school I would say is on a higher level than anyone under the top 4 in NKY. I look forward to Conner as that will begin our real identification for the Raiders.
TNT-MB1 Wrote:I have watched alot of Ryle football in my time in Union and do believe there best option at QB is the Soph. Throws a great ball and you can tell that a few TDs gave him the confidence others lack. He in my eyes is the best option to win as your other QB has had 3 chances and has been unsuccessful. He has had the time in the pocket that ppl complained about last year. He is a senior and hopefully can gain playing time at another position but I believe the Soph is the best option to win and will be your starter for the future. Start now.

Ryle has played 3 stout teams. Cooper game was 12 - 3 and have proved to be a solid team. Scott County is arguably the best in the State & Sycamore is a school I would say is on a higher level than anyone under the top 4 in NKY. I look forward to Conner as that will begin our real identification for the Raiders.

I like your posts and enjoy your optimism but sadly I have to disagree. Tonight the only bright spots came against JV and freshman players for sycamore. Further I would argue that the team they played tonight is at best average. I agree that the sophy gives us the best chance to win but we appear to have a myriad of things to correct. Team speed is definitely an issue along with game planning. I saw nothing different from first to second half except a more deliberate attempt (feeble) at running the ball against a JV freshman defense. The reality is that we are not good at the moment. The positive is that we can and will get better with hard work and dedication by both players and the staff.
Raiderforlife Wrote:I like your posts and enjoy your optimism but sadly I have to disagree. Tonight the only bright spots came against JV and freshman players for sycamore. Further I would argue that the team they played tonight is at best average. I agree that the sophy gives us the best chance to win but we appear to have a myriad of things to correct. Team speed is definitely an issue along with game planning. I saw nothing different from first to second half except a more deliberate attempt (feeble) at running the ball against a JV freshman defense. The reality is that we are not good at the moment. The positive is that we can and will get better with hard work and dedication by both players and the staff.

I agree with most of this but I saw a change of pace at the end I am hoping the HC learns from. You do that in the first half and don't have 6 turnovers that game is a close one. The game film will tell more when I watch it later this weekend but there are bright spots there when they hasn't been in a year or two.

Also I would say remember the competition this has been against. Speed might of been an issue vs Scott County & Sycmaore but it looks comparable against Cooper. SC & Sycamore have better athletes lets just say it like it is.

I expected to start the season 1-2 as most did but Cooper has surprised everyone but the northern half of Union this year.

We enter a competition level lower than we started with so I remain optimistic and believe they still have a chance to win some games. We have a Rookie HC and a new offense which is already a hard step but to do it against such stiff competition makes it harder and I'm hoping this entire staff and team has learned from it. Still hoping for 5 wins or more :insane: <(hope not) here but I'd say if we lose to Conner :flush: I might not be posting for a while. :HitWall:
Sycamore 34, Ryle 14
Sycamore held Ryle scoreless until the fourth quarter.
Sophomore quarterback Jake Borman totaled 89 yards and two scores off 10 rushes. He finished 3-for-7 for 41 yards and a score through the air.
Senior defensive back Hunter Temulty had a 42-yard interception return for a touchdown in the second quarter.
Sycamre, ranked No. 7 in the Enquirer's Division I area coaches' poll, remains unbeated and will travel to Trotwood-Madison on Friday at 7 p.m.
S-Borman 6 run (Locke kick)
S-Temulty 42 int return (kick fail)
S-Bawazir 24 pass from Borman (Locke kick)
S-Borman 31 run (Locke kick)
S-Bonner 35 run (Locke kick)
R-Arnwine 83 pass from O'Hara
R-Arnwine 20 pass from O'Hara

Rytlewski 8 attempts 32 yds 2 INTs 1 fumble

OHara 118 yds 2 Tds
Seriously, both quarterbacks decisions were bad. Ohara had plenty of opportunities with varsity. Ohara has put up numbers with varsity offense vs. third string, done nothing in varsity reps in first halves. That said don't have a clue what the decision is at QB? Again in the first half the O coordinator or HC makes ridiculous play calls that could have kept game respectable. 4th and 2 and that's the best we've got after running the ball into scoring position. I hope coaches meetings address this ASAP. 2 weeks in a row we could have kept things respectable! Turnovers were brutal, glad to see D didn't quit after watching all of them.
Another loss to a very good team. It's always interesting to walk around at halftime or after a game when your getting your a$&es kicked with turnovers at every turn and listen to parents. Always entertaining to hear sophomore parents talking about their kids should be on the field since the seniors can't do anything. Tread lightly parents, we haven't had an easy game yet, yes we have self imploded a lot, that said if you think because Tommy was a freshmen super star or JV wonder please don't assume that will translate to success on Friday night. There isn't anything comparable to Friday night and Saturday morning, the game is played at a much slower less physical level. If your boys were standing out on the field they would be seeing time in a Friday game. There is a reason you don't see big numbers of underclass men starting on Fridays, because very few are ready mentally or physically. It's really easy to think what has taken place is the full body of work, let this team play in district and I believe things will start getting better and salvage a season.
Be Happy Wrote:Another loss to a very good team. It's always interesting to walk around at halftime or after a game when your getting your a$&es kicked with turnovers at every turn and listen to parents. Always entertaining to hear sophomore parents talking about their kids should be on the field since the seniors can't do anything. Tread lightly parents, we haven't had an easy game yet, yes we have self imploded a lot, that said if you think because Tommy was a freshmen super star or JV wonder please don't assume that will translate to success on Friday night. There isn't anything comparable to Friday night and Saturday morning, the game is played at a much slower less physical level. If your boys were standing out on the field they would be seeing time in a Friday game. There is a reason you don't see big numbers of underclass men starting on Fridays, because very few are ready mentally or physically. It's really easy to think what has taken place is the full body of work, let this team play in district and I believe things will start getting better and salvage a season.
As a fan who wants the very best for every young man on the team I am often conflicted with wanting to see the good while having to acknowledge the bad. They did not loose to a very good team. They lost to an average and potentially below average Ohio team. The only truly good team was Scott. While it is good to see Cooper playing well they are not a good team they are average.

I am less worried about them winning than I am concerned about them being physically and mentally sound. The team does not look healthy. They have the defeated walk. They look as though they are always waiting on the other shoe to fall and if any adversity hits they checkout.

If things continue the way they are going the coaches will have to make some very tough decisions. Do you continue to play your upperclassmen in blow out games or do you start to prepare next years players to get them game experience? I understand that there is no easy or correct answer to that question but it must be asked and answered by the staff and the parents will just have to accept their decision. I think the parents need to take a giant step back and just support their kids as parents. After all if they had the qualifications and skills to be high school coaches they would be high school coaches.
Really, do you honestly believe playing our district games will be blowouts? I'm pretty sure there is quite a few of "next years players" already on the field. Most of the so called offensive skill positions are underclass men. By the other shoe do mean offensive turnover or horrible play calling? At this point in the season I put a lot of where we are on the coaches, you have to have the athletes to run certain offenses and it's quite apparent that we don't. Nice to read your opinion, basically saying quit on the boys and look to next year, that will truly help their mental state for sure. Two thumbs up! Like you said, I'm gonna take a step back after reading that.
If any adversity hits? This program has been full of it for years. I guess I see something different on the defensive side of the ball. Minus the Scott county game the defense has played fairly well considering the varsity offense has scored 3 points in 3 games. The score at sycamore is a little deceiving when you throw a pick 6 and 2 other turnovers on our end of the field. 21 points with maybe 50 yards of offense. Just for curiosity I'd love to see the time differential that offense and defense have been on the field. I hope Conner game is the true start to our season so the coaches don't consider giving up on the boys like your tough decision comment. Let's go boys have a good week of prep and be ready to go for a WIN.
I am guessing Daddy ball is to blame? Maybe? Oh yeah Woolf is the only parent, and Little Woolf is really solid on defense.
Be Happy Wrote:Really, do you honestly believe playing our district games will be blowouts? I'm pretty sure there is quite a few of "next years players" already on the field. Most of the so called offensive skill positions are underclass men. By the other shoe do mean offensive turnover or horrible play calling? At this point in the season I put a lot of where we are on the coaches, you have to have the athletes to run certain offenses and it's quite apparent that we don't. Nice to read your opinion, basically saying quit on the boys and look to next year, that will truly help their mental state for sure. Two thumbs up! Like you said, I'm gonna take a step back after reading that.
Once again reading proves to be not so fundamental for some. What I said was that IF they continue to have blowouts THEN the coaches will have difficult decisions to make. That's not giving up that's being proactive if you want to continue to coach at any school. In fact great coaches are always making sure they are getting their next group of players as many reps as possible before they are called upon to stop- that's called player development. Despite what you think the best player development occurs while playing the game not watching.
The program has an opportunity to recover but they must start winning. You clearly believe the coaches are to blame but the only constant at this point are the players. The HC is and has been a winner. His system has been very effective in other programs.
In addition the last time I checked all football teams should be able to run the ball, catch the ball, throw the ball, kick the ball and tackle. Good football teams are able to do 4 of the 5 at a high level and Great teams are able to do all 5 at a high level.
Raiderforlife Wrote:Once again reading proves to be not so fundamental for some. What I said was that IF they continue to have blowouts THEN the coaches will have difficult decisions to make. That's not giving up that's being proactive if you want to continue to coach at any school. In fact great coaches are always making sure they are getting their next group of players as many reps as possible before they are called upon to stop- that's called player development. Despite what you think the best player development occurs while playing the game not watching.
The program has an opportunity to recover but they must start winning. You clearly believe the coaches are to blame but the only constant at this point are the players. The HC is and has been a winner. His system has been very effective in other programs.
In addition the last time I checked all football teams should be able to run the ball, catch the ball, throw the ball, kick the ball and tackle. Good football teams are able to do 4 of the 5 at a high level and Great teams are able to do all 5 at a high level.
Before they called upon to start-
I do find it funny that people in Union wanted a coach that would throw the ball and not run it every play and now that they have that they don't have the athletes to throw. Never ceases to amaze me how many arm chair QB's there are in this world. Ryle has good athletes, a good defense and a developing offense. Folks this will not be instant success, but in time and as the system has had a chance to be mastered and the QB's developed then they should be fine. They have 2 winnable ball games in a row before they head into districts. Also for all those people who think you have to Pass the ball all the time to be successful didn't watch the Scott County game nor watch Belfry beat 6A Henry Clay. It is and always will be about execution. Hopefully they will get back on the winning side soon. A lot of great young men at Ryle and I wish them a lot of success the rest of the way.
Think there's some daddy's coaching fresh,jv with players?
Thanks for the reading/comprehension lesson. So now our new HC and OC ARE classified as proven winners? We must be drinking from different koolaid buckets because neither one has won anything with the HC title. In your earlier article you mentioned not caring about winning? Most recently you said we must start winning. Winning is always the goal at this level isn't it? No I don't believe the coaches are completely to blame, obviously the players have to execute. But in any sport you must have the athletes to run different offenses and defenses. Clearly the preseason and start to the season have shown that against good teams the hurry up offense throwing all the time has been a struggle. Tough to watch. Can it improve? God I hope so. I have watched every game and quite a bit of practice and most underclassmen have had the chance to play on Friday night and? Nothing standing out. That said I wish nothing but good things for this staff/ team and we keep getting better and start winning this week.
What has the HC won ? He had a QB going to play at the next level didn't he at LexCath? I thought this was his first HC gig, which would mean he's 0-3 best I can tell. So assuming the unthinkable happens and he makes those tough decisions he will be in that Great coaches class? I hope he has a great career at Ryle but to date he's been a career assistant. I truly hope the offensive part of the HC takes over and tweaks some things to match the players we have our roster. I think the most athletic QB we have is the one that played Saturday. More decisive, not as slow in his decision making. Would love to see him get some reps in practice. Good luck
WHAT I SEE Wrote:What has the HC won ? He had a QB going to play at the next level didn't he at LexCath? I thought this was his first HC gig, which would mean he's 0-3 best I can tell. So assuming the unthinkable happens and he makes those tough decisions he will be in that Great coaches class? I hope he has a great career at Ryle but to date he's been a career assistant. I truly hope the offensive part of the HC takes over and tweaks some things to match the players we have our roster. I think the most athletic QB we have is the one that played Saturday. More decisive, not as slow in his decision making. Would love to see him get some reps in practice. Good luck

Agreed and I hope he injects himself more in the offense.

Defense has Beene great and you can't 100% fault them when you have 6 offensive turnovers giving the other team great position.

The best QB that still plays QB is OHara.

Do not want to be negative as we have some winnable games coming up and I hope we crush our opponents.
Don't know if going to a younger QB is the answer when the flood gates open up so fast on that line. I think we have installed a new offensive play called "sack". We finally get the run game going and we pass 75% of the time. I was hoping to see a little more balance. When your starter is officially 5 carries 53 yards and unofficially because of a penalty 6 carries for 88, You would think we would use that a little more to help sustain drives and get the opportunity to take some shots down field to Arnwine. JMO, It's easy to monday QB.
Gotta hold onto the rock though. Between INTs and fumbles it doesn't matter if you have 10 seconds. QBs have had plenty of time and still taken a sack because of their indecision and WRs running lazy routes. Balance would be great but, it's seems to be evident by the play calls inside the 5 it's about the no fun and gun. JMO
If Ryle loses to Conner this week, the ship has sunk at Ryle.

If Ryle barely beats Conner, there is alot to be concerned with at Ryle, as that might be the only win for the year.

If Ryle wins with purpose (lets say 2 scores or more) then Ryle might be putting it together.
Wake up southern boy! Where are you?
First off Talent wise Ryle should win by 3 or more scores

Secondly the receivers need to win at the top of their routes. No separation

Thirdly the QB can't hold on to the ball, make a decision and live with it.

I do feel that if they run the ball more it will take some of the pressure off the QB's and receivers. Plus if they can avoid the 3 and outs the defense will be even better. I will say that the HC and the OC have a lot to prove BUT I don't think the body of work can be judged in just 3 games, none of which have any bearing on the playoffs or district.

What is that old saying about everybody is great until they get punched in the face. Well that is 7 on 7 in my eyes. Until you put that O-line up there and a bunch of angry defensive players blitzing and coming after you, well it is just smoke and mirrors. I look for the Raiders to win and win big, BUT I will agree with Plantman on this one.. If they lose, the ship may be gone on Saturday when they all wake up.
You Raiders fans will find out how bad it is when SK pounds Ryle by 40 plus this year.
Be Happy Wrote:Think there's some daddy's coaching fresh,jv with players?

I think both the Freshman and J.V. Are undefeated. Go figure.. And I am awake most of the time.
UK1fan Wrote:You Raiders fans will find out how bad it is when SK pounds Ryle by 40 plus this year.
Where did you come from? This post isn't about SK. Yes they are good, but posts like this just says your a zit popping teen, that has no clue and just wants to start something, or a Ryle football player took your girlfriend years ago and your still mad.:devilflam
That a boy! Welcome back
Not sure that the flood gates are open in terms of the online as much as the QB holds the ball to long. Having said that the receivers appear to be running incorrect routes. Several times I noticed that there were two receivers in the same area of an intended pass. Maybe that's the play but it looked odd. In any case all of that causes timing issues that often result n sacks. Just more data that suggests that balance is the key to Ryle being a factor in the District.
Southernboy Wrote:Where did you come from? This post isn't about SK. Yes they are good, but posts like this just says your a zit popping teen, that has no clue and just wants to start something, or a Ryle football player took your girlfriend years ago and your still mad.:devilflam

:blabbermo