Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Betsy Layne VS. Shelby Valley (Nov. 28)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Big game for both teams who will win..how close will it be
Big Game? Isn't this around the beginning of the season? Not even a district game, but sure, I guess it's a big game..Valley by 15 or more...
Still about a month off until this game. But I will take Valley by 12 points or more
SV wins huge

SV-80
BL-50
SV will win
yea valley by a few! 65-40
Valley by 10+....Does anybody know where Preston Simon that graduated a couple years ago from BL ended up?
Valley by 15+
SEKYscout Wrote:Valley by 10+....Does anybody know where Preston Simon that graduated a couple years ago from BL ended up?
He's at Alice Lloyd
Who is starting for Betsy Layne this year? Do they have anyone returning?
Trai Witt is returning this season
Trai wont be able to handle Shelby Valleys inside game. He wont matter for Betsy Layne
Valley by 12
OnCeABobcat Wrote:He's at Alice Lloyd

Valley won't dominate BL down low imo, but their Backcourt will have their way with the Bobcats.
Valley will dominate in all aspects of the game and Jacob Bryant will drop 20+ on BL
who does Valley got downlow to dominate Trai Whitt?????
OnCeABobcat Wrote:who does Valley got downlow to dominate Trai Whitt?????

Can Trai Whitt run like Ashley Hatfield can? He won't have to guard him low...he'll let Trai wear himself out then run around, and up and down the court, Ashley is a very athletic boy.

They have Ashley Hatfield (SP?), Taylor Newsome, and Bryant
Ashley Hatfield or Taylor Newsome either one will dominate Trai Whitt. Put them on the floor at the same time and betsy layne wont have a chance. Ashley will make moves on Trai that he cant stop, and Taylor will man handle him.

Betsy Lane just doesn't have enough fire power to hang with SV
SVWildcat2010 Wrote:Ashley Hatfield or Taylor Newsome either one will dominate Trai Whitt. Put them on the floor at the same time and betsy layne wont have a chance. Ashley will make moves on Trai that he cant stop, and Taylor will man handle him.

LOL...have you ever seen Trai Whitt? He's not a little guy, only reason I said Ashley will do good against him is because he is faster...Taylor won't do much of anything against Trai. You need to have watched some basketball, other than at Virgie, before you make predictions about players getting dominated.
ive watched alot of basketball, and there is probably no better place to watch it than virgie. Most o fthese young kids have played against better grade school players, and AAu guys than we will see in the 15th. I promise u that.
rainout Wrote:ive watched alot of basketball, and there is probably no better place to watch it than virgie. Most o fthese young kids have played against better grade school players, and AAu guys than we will see in the 15th. I promise u that.
A lot of the AAU teams that they have beat come from the bigger schools, and you see names of players they have played and beat ranked in the top players in the State.
Good post 3!!
3 points Wrote:A lot of the AAU teams that they have beat come from the bigger schools, and you see names of players they have played and beat ranked in the top players in the State.

AAU hasnt got anything to do with Shelby Valley basketball or this game.
yeah I agree what does AAU half to do with all of this. This is between SV and BL.
We aresaying that probably some of these AAU teams are better than betsy layne!!! Its pretty simple!!
rainout Wrote:We aresaying that probably some of these AAU teams are better than betsy layne!!! Its pretty simple!!

How many of those AAU teams will play Betsy Layne in a KHSAA game? Besides, didnt Virgies AAU team get beat two out of two games in one day?
back to the topic of discussion. Ashley and Taylor may be able to beat Trai up and down the floor, but that has nothing to do with dominating down low. Key word-down low-meaning beating Trai on the block or in the post, which I don't think they will be able to do. Yeah sure they might out run him and score more on the fastbreak, but that is not dominating downlow. jmo Shelby Valley will beat the Bobcats, and they will out run them, but not dominate on the post.
Pages: 1 2