Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Congrats Jenkins on Making the WYMT team of the week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Jenkins made the team of the week on WYMT, whats everyones thoughts about this..? It will be on 2nigth at 6 and 11 o'clock....
Yeah they came to our practice yesterday and interviewed some of our players about this season, it was really a great accomplishment and I glad I could be part of it
All-American Lineman Wrote:Yeah they came to our practice yesterday and interviewed some of our players about this season, it was really a great accomplishment and I glad I could be part of it

yea it was great to be recognized like that and correct me if im wrong, but that may be the first time jenkins has ever got that award...
sweet way to go guys just dont let down now you still play betsy layne and looks like your going to play a pikeville team that going to have something to prove in the playoffs, but so do you! Great job you all deserve it!
Congrats to Jenkins!!!:thumpsup:

What a sad statement when a 3-6 team beats a 3-6 team and becomes the "Team of the week"!
I am certainly glad Jenkins gets a little recognition for making the playoffs as a #4 seed but come on, team of the week???:dontthink

Kind of seems disrespectful to the other teams in the WYMT area...Middlesboro over Breathitt/Magoffin UPSET East Ridge/Pikeville spanked Hazard/and so on and so on.Rolleyes
I don't think the award has been out very long on WYMT. Jenkins hasn't had very many wins the past several years and well this year either...but they are playing good ball right now. Congrats on the accomplishment.
Old Timer Wrote:Congrats to Jenkins!!!:thumpsup:

What a sad statement when a 3-6 team beats a 3-6 team and becomes the "Team of the week"!
I am certainly glad Jenkins gets a little recognition for making the playoffs as a #4 seed but come on, team of the week???:dontthink

Kind of seems disrespectful to the other teams in the WYMT area...Middlesboro over Breathitt/Magoffin UPSET East Ridge/Pikeville spanked Hazard/and so on and so on.Rolleyes

It's not because there the greatest team ever, they got it because this team hasn't went to the playoffs in 12 years, not even had a chance to go to the playoffs! More than likely if Allen Central would have won they probably would have got it too, because they haven't been to the playoffs in 11 years. This was the biggest game for these two teams in along time. Sorry were not Pikeville, or Breathitt...Wait I'm not sorry I wouldn't want be nothing but a CAVALIER!! GO CAVS!!!!!
One thing I have noticed about this Jenkins team is drive, they do not quit.
We have enjoyed covering you kids and all the area teams this season.
Good luck in the playoffs.
Congrats Cavs!!!
congrats and good job once again on makin playoffs!
WPRG Sports Wrote:One thing I have noticed about this Jenkins team is drive, they do not quit.
We have enjoyed covering you kids and all the area teams this season.
Good luck in the playoffs.
Thanks alot
Thanks everyone and thanks Panther #42...
yeah WYMT interviewed 5 playes... me (josh Richardson), Chris Puckett, Josh Belcher, Spencer Fields, and Kevin Potter
no prob, all seniors they interviewed?
no puckett is a junior
oh, whats he play?
I am glad they made it.
Panther#42 Wrote:oh, whats he play?

Hes the QB #2

We made team of the week, so wh wh whammy
Congrats Jenkins !
The interviews were like Pandamoniam!!!!! Congrats Cavs..

I totally disagree with you. I believe that Jenkins needs a little recognition for what these boys have done!!! That's all fine and great that these other games happened but you have to realize that Jenkins has not been to the playoffs in 12 years and that the football team almost folded. What these boys and coaching staff has done for this program is wonderful!!! I know that everyone is entitled to an opinion and thats fine but I hate when people get on here and try to bring everyone down not matter what team they are cheering for. I guess if you don't agree with WYMT then maybe you should try to get a job there and maybe you can control the team of the week thing until then just be happy for whatever team gets it. All those teams you mentioned has gotten recognition for years and now just because Jenkins gets 2 minutes of TV time people are going to go crazy. GOOD LUCK CAVS!!!
CAVSCHICK33 Wrote:I totally disagree with you. I believe that Jenkins needs a little recognition for what these boys have done!!! That's all fine and great that these other games happened but you have to realize that Jenkins has not been to the playoffs in 12 years and that the football team almost folded. What these boys and coaching staff has done for this program is wonderful!!! I know that everyone is entitled to an opinion and thats fine but I hate when people get on here and try to bring everyone down not matter what team they are cheering for. I guess if you don't agree with WYMT then maybe you should try to get a job there and maybe you can control the team of the week thing until then just be happy for whatever team gets it. All those teams you mentioned has gotten recognition for years and now just because Jenkins gets 2 minutes of TV time people are going to go crazy. GOOD LUCK CAVS!!!

Surprise, Surprise!! Someone from Jenkins disagrees with me.
I said congrats to the Cavs...I realize they almost folded...I realize they haven't been to the playoffs in 12 years..Good Job!
Who's going crazy?? I said it's sad that a team that won 3 games is team of the week and that is my opinion.
I still have that right don't I??
Congrats to the CAVS. and good luck in your next game Just play with heart and you'll come out on top.
Good job cavs.. did anyone watch it lastnight??
[B] Good Job Cavs!!
i didnt get a chance to watch it, how did it look?
I didnt get to see it yet either, but you can go to http://www.wkyt.com and click the link to wymt homepage and then click sports overtime
All-American Lineman Wrote:I didnt get to see it yet either, but you can go to www.wkyt.com and click the link to wymt homepage and then click sports overtime

thanks aal :Thumbs: good deal
haha
I played when they tryed to shut the team down in 99' we didnt win a game that year, and wasnt that good the folowing years, but now seeing what has come of us keep this team around iam proud to be part of that team in 99'! and iam so proud of the players and coaches for what they have done. Thanks for bringing football back to the spot light in jenkins again.I love you guys keep up the good work!!
Pages: 1 2