Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville and Belfry fans, players, coaches,parents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to start the Pride of PIke County trophy next year for the rivalry. Have all the previous scores on it and the winner keeps it for the year. Any ideas from either side or donations would help. If the rivalry keeps up for at least 8 more years I think it will be the 50th meeting. So lets keep the tradition alive.
The AD's and coaches would need to do that.
I think it would be a awesome thing,I wish they would have thought of that years ago.
hillbilly Wrote:The AD's and coaches would need to do that.
Being that Pikeville is in between ADs at the current time right now might be the right opportunity to bring this up, and I know train85 couldnt muster up the brain matter it takes to come with an idea this awesome LOL! My suggestion is this instead of a trophy, play for an object. UK and UT used to play for a whisky barrel, Wisconsin and Minnesota play for Paul Bunyans axe for some examples.
Maybe we could play for the golden coal shovel or something.
Thats a great idea.
Train I do belive me and you have already talked about this and i think it would be a great idea. Gives the kids a little extra motivation. If they dont already have enough.
I think this would be a great idea and we need something like this for the kids.
I think thats a wonderful idea!
deff.
great idea
I don't really have anything in this, but sounds like a good idea....JC and PHS play for the barrell of Apple Cider.
Play for a mini coal miner since Pike County is coal country.
We need some ideas on what it is that can be played for. The Golden Coal Shovel would be a good idea. But I would like to hear some other ideas for consideration.
Coal Bucket Bowl
That too is a good idea Mr. Billy
PantherPride68 Wrote:Being that Pikeville is in between ADs at the current time right now might be the right opportunity to bring this up, and I know train85 couldnt muster up the brain matter it takes to come with an idea this awesome LOL! My suggestion is this instead of a trophy, play for an object. UK and UT used to play for a whisky barrel, Wisconsin and Minnesota play for Paul Bunyans axe for some examples.
Maybe we could play for the golden coal shovel or something.
Or maybe like a shovel and pick axe in gold on a big plaque with all the past games inscribed in the backround.
Like the thought process alot... but have you actually researched how much work this will take?

First you will have to contact the administration at both schools and get them on board and WAIT for the administartion to approve everything with the head coaches.
Once that is in agreement you are going to have to approach two different school boards, the Pike County BOE and Pikeville Independent, and with the BOE elections upcoming I am sure this will not be top priority so prepare for more waiting. Once the Boards are in agreement the site based councils will be brought into this to do all the research to determine what the trophy should be (You probably will have no say in the matter unless you are a voting member), how to fund it, and all other schematics. Then, if it is voted and approved then you might actually see it come together.

Bottomline: It's going to be a process which will be out of your hands aside from making the suggestion to the powers to be. It's worth the suggestion..but don't expect too much to come from it.
orisonspi Wrote:Like the thought process alot... but have you actually researched how much work this will take?

First you will have to contact the administration at both schools and get them on board and WAIT for the administartion to approve everything with the head coaches.
Once that is in agreement you are going to have to approach two different school boards, the Pike County BOE and Pikeville Independent, and with the BOE elections upcoming I am sure this will not be top priority so prepare for more waiting. Once the Boards are in agreement the site based councils will be brought into this to do all the research to determine what the trophy should be (You probably will have no say in the matter unless you are a voting member), how to fund it, and all other schematics. Then, if it is voted and approved then you might actually see it come together.

Bottomline: It's going to be a process which will be out of your hands aside from making the suggestion to the powers to be. It's worth the suggestion..but don't expect too much to come from it.
Let me ask you a question? Do you go to depratment stores at christmas time and tell the kids that the man in the santa suit isnt really santa and that santa doesnt really exist anyway? This is a group of people who are discussing a great idea and what they would like to see done. Another question. Are you affiliated with either school? If youre not then keep your mouth shut cause this doesnt concern you. Yes theyre will be red tape to cut through but if both schools really want this then it WILL get done.
JCHSfootball Wrote:I don't really have anything in this, but sounds like a good idea....JC and PHS play for the barrell of Apple Cider.
See if Paintsville Independent and the Johnson county school board can agree on something like this then surely it CAN be done.
I agree with you completely panther pride. Some people just have nothing to do except for trying to ruin young kids dreams. BTW orisonspi you can take your bottomline and........... well you know. hahahahaha
I am affiliated with Belfry... and as I said I really like the idea but there is a huge difference in talking about something and then doing something. Your example about Santa Clause actually is very fitting because if you are simply "wishing" for something to happen without knowing the procedures then nothing will come from it.

If someone can get the balll rolling you have my unwaivered support. Just realize that this isn't something that will just magically happen and that most of the process will be out of your hands.

If my honesty offends you, then I will lie to you in the future. Would you like that better?
orisonspi Wrote:I am affiliated with Belfry... and as I said I really like the idea but there is a huge difference in talking about something and then doing something. Your example about Santa Clause actually is very fitting because if you are simply "wishing" for something to happen without knowing the procedures then nothing will come from it.

If someone can get the balll rolling you have my unwaivered support. Just realize that this isn't something that will just magically happen and that most of the process will be out of your hands.

If my honesty offends you, then I will lie to you in the future. Would you like that better?
Your honesty doesnt offend me at all. The santa clause thing I wrote is called sarcasm (look it up). Secondly I know that this is out of my hands and probably out of the hands of everyone posting on here but its something wed like to see and everyone is sharing theyre OPINONS as to what SHOULD be done. Like I said before I know it will be a long drawn out process with plenty of red tape (any time you deal with politicians their is going to be red tape). Not to mention the fact that the 2 BOEs in question could screw up a cup of coffee! LOL!
PantherPride68 Wrote:Your honesty doesnt offend me at all. The santa clause thing I wrote is called sarcasm (look it up). Secondly I know that this is out of my hands and probably out of the hands of everyone posting on here but its something wed like to see and everyone is sharing theyre OPINONS as to what SHOULD be done. Like I said before I know it will be a long drawn out process with plenty of red tape (any time you deal with politicians their is going to be red tape). Not to mention the fact that the 2 BOEs in question could screw up a cup of coffee! LOL!

As long as you see that where I was coming from wasn't to demoralize and say that it can't be done, but to bring a voice of reason.

I am pretty familiar with sarcasm Confusedhh:
Get everyone you know from both schools (both kids and adults) to sign a petition.
Redneck Wrote:Get everyone you know from both schools (both kids and adults) to sign a petition.
A petition would be a good idea cause it would raise some eyebrows at both BOEs if they were a bunch of signatures and honestly I dont see why anyone who cares about either program would not want this.
I like the Golden Pick Axe idea..Or a BIG PIECE OF BLACK GOLD!